Why no respect for Catholic?

Flyguy2100

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's not alot Catholic or Bearden can do to change their schedules or the strength of the teams they play. Look at Catholic's opponents. On paper, Farragut should be much stronger than they've played. How do you kill Maryville (2 wins)Dobyns-Bennett, Sevier Co. (which beat Bearden), jump all over and lead McMinn Central and then lose to Lenior City and Catholic. Central should be one of the strongest teams in Knoxville given players like McGill, Williamson, and Wilson. Can't overcome bad coaching and attitude. Powell is capable of beating anybody in the area. Our strength of schedule doesn't reflect playing 2 top flite teams when we went to KY. I don't see how Bearden's schedule is rated so low. They've played some of the best teams in ET. Compare Bearden's schedule to McMinn's and tell me honestly which looks easier. The only ? or gripe I have about Bearden's was the Super 16 putting Farragut, MC and Fulton on the same side of the brackets. BluNWhite- I agree that Bertlekamp saying Parton is good doesn't mean much. He was there because Matt's dad played with him at UT and his kids may go to Webb. Again you play a super weak schedule too-think that helps blow up Beau's stats. I was obviously at the Webb game so I didn't see Tony. I gave him his props. I don't know how much better sources I could get than Rande and B.J. directly though. With Tony's shot selection I would ? being a team player. And to throw some math at you Parton scored 74% of his teams points in a win vs. Farragut, White scored 68% on a whole lot more shots

Edited by IrishBBall

There's not alot Catholic or Bearden can do to change their schedules or the strength of the teams they play. Look at Catholic's opponents. On paper, Farragut should be much stronger than they've played. How do you kill Maryville (2 wins)Dobyns-Bennett, Sevier Co. (which beat Bearden), jump all over and lead McMinn Central and then lose to Lenior City and Catholic. Central should be one of the strongest teams in Knoxville given players like McGill, Williamson, and Wilson. Can't overcome bad coaching and attitude. Powell is capable of beating anybody in the area. Our strength of schedule doesn't reflect playing 2 top flite teams when we went to KY. I don't see how Bearden's schedule is rated so low. They've played some of the best teams in ET. Compare Bearden's schedule to McMinn's and tell me honestly which looks easier. The only ? or gripe I have about Bearden's was the Super 16 putting Farragut, MC and Fulton on the same side of the brackets. BluNWhite- I agree that Bertlekamp saying Parton is good doesn't mean much. He was there because Matt's dad played with him at UT and his kids may go to Webb. Again you play a super weak schedule too-think that helps blow up Beau's stats. I was obviously at the Webb game so I didn't see Tony. I gave him his props. I don't know how much better sources I could get than Rande and B.J. directly though. With Tony's shot selection I would ? being a team player. And to throw some math at you Parton scored 74% of his teams points in a win vs. Farragut, White scored 68% on a whole lot more shots

Yeah, get your facts straight...Central plays a MUCH tougher schedule then yall...Central plays the 68th toughest schedule in the state, and while that isn't exactly up there, its 10 times better then what Catholic has, which is 90th...Beau's stats being blown up??? How dare you...lol, you say that like anybody on Catholic's squad is anywhere NEAR his talent caliber...there is NOBODY, I repeat NOBODY on Catholic's team that is near as good as Beau...so leave him out of this debate...

I was talkin about McMinn Central...who is KCHS???

KCHS is Catholic. I wasn't saying Catholic's schedule was tougher that MC's if you read carefully what I wrote. I said I didn't put much stock in the schedule strength when you look at BEARDEN's schedule (92 ranked). I said look at their schedule compared to MC's and tell me honestly which is tougher. I agree Beau is a good player. Again assuming you can read AND comprehend, I said Beau's stats are blown up partially because he plays a weak schedule. The statement was made by BHS Football that Tony White would have unbelievable stats playing either of our weak schedules. But I don't know that he could take anymore shots against our opponents than he does against his. I think we actually agree on several points with the exception that Parton is "garbage" based on your assessment from someone that's played against him once. If it was against the Stars, I promise Parton was much more concerned about helping on B Wright and Ramsey than whoever played guard for them. Your MC boy Blake was guarding one of the 2 of those so you think we needed help inside or stopping a guard? And, I know which Central is which.

Edited by IrishBBall

BlueNWhite please actually watch a bball game besides MC v. whoever, then we can talk, i mean you dont even know who KCHS and weve been talking about them on this post for 3 days

u know nothin, except for that MC is "the greatest team ever" ahhahahahah

Yeah, Ive been to watch almost every team worth watching on this side of the state...so I have a say in this...and MC is not the greatest team ever, but they would certainly beat Catholic because, for one, they are more talented, and two, Catholic plays one of the weakest schedules in the state...lol, however, I can take comfort in the fact that I have a greater knowledge of basketball then you though...so, tell me what you wish to talk about...

KCHS is Catholic. I wasn't saying Catholic's schedule was tougher that MC's if you read carefully what I wrote. I said I didn't put much stock in the schedule strength when you look at BEARDEN's schedule (92 ranked). I said look at their schedule compared to MC's and tell me honestly which is tougher. I agree Beau is a good player. Again assuming you can read AND comprehend, I said Beau's stats are blown up partially because he plays a weak schedule. The statement was made by BHS Football that Tony White would have unbelievable stats playing either of our weak schedules. But I don't know that he could take anymore shots against our opponents than he does against his. I think we actually agree on several points with the exception that Parton is "garbage" based on your assessment from someone that's played against him once. If it was against the Stars, I promise Parton was much more concerned about helping on B Wright and Ramsey than whoever played guard for them. Your MC boy Blake was guarding one of the 2 of those so you think we needed help inside or stopping a guard? And, I know which Central is which.

McMinn Central's schedule is tougher then Catholic's...you cannot possibly convince me otherwise, no matter what you say or do...and if he was gettin done in by his man because of help, then as a coach, that is on you...and my reasoning for this is because if he was constantly getting beat by his man due to helping on Brandon Wright, then you have to adjust that by letting a different man help that way Parton could've stayed on his man...however, thats just my oppinion, there may have been other circumstances preventing you from doing that...

The classic case of Catholic not getting respect. I think the reason people can't stand them, is because they are a small private school and over the past 4 or 5 years they are probably in the top 5 in the Knoxville area and East Tennessee region in wins and winning percentage, and people can't stand it. Face it, they are a good team. They play TEAM ball unlike other teams (Bearden a.k.a. the Tony White, Jr. show). They have many role players that know their roles and execute their roles. That is why they are 15-2.