AP Polls For 1/16/06

PTSportsWriter

Grace Baptist Academy is also located in Chattanooga.

I'm not here to say Grace is #1, but I do have an observation. How can Temple recieve a #1 vote when Grace beat them twice in a week? They played two even games, but Temple has lost both of those games. I'm scratching my head on this one.

Hey GGEagle -- don't scratch your head too hard man. I mean, you guys did beat us but as I've said before both games could have gone either way. Grace and Temple are pretty evenly matched. So, the person who gave Temple a #1 vote must think that Temple is the better team. But hey, don't sweat it dude -- you guys can stick your chest out for the time being because you've taken us two games in a row. So, enjoy it while you can. :D

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IN AA POLL:

dyer county is ranked #11?

man, i got to quit drinking that cheap wine......

i thought dyer county had only won what, maybe one or two games?

Only thing I know is some voters may have voted for Dyer County thinking they were voting for Dyersburg which has moved down to AA but not changed in the poll menu. They were one of four boys teams I could not vote for this week that I wanted to. The others were Humboldt & Union City in A & Raleigh-Egypt in AAA.

I have some thoughts about the polls I'd like to share. Yes, they mean nothing to the coaches who only care about what happens on the floor in postseason but they do mean something to the kids who work their tails off in the gym. I take time to vote in the poll to give kids some recognition statewide and I do my homework. I use not only CoachT but other internet sites including online newspapers. Do I tend to vote for teams in my grand division? Yes, I lean that way but only if they're deserving. I don't ignore teams from other regions as some voters must have done. How can Liberty get nine first place votes & 90 points but get only 23 total points from the five other voters unless Liberty was ignored.

We have a combination of the AP not providing us an accurate ballot, some voters not taking their votes seriously, & some not voting at all! Come on Jackson Sun, take the time to vote and give our kids the recognition they deserve. The West is being dominated!

Yeah, I think this is what AA should be...

1. Bolivar Central

2. Mitchell

3. McMinn Central

4. Liberty Tech Magnet

and just whoever after that

I think that you have to put Haywood in with those teams. They beat Bolivar a week ago. Mitchell and Bolivar both lost to Hamilton by 1 over the weekend. I think Mitchell, Bolivar, Haywood, and Liberty could all 4 beat each other on any given night. I know nothing about McMinn though. Other than they have a great record. I don't think they are playing the same calibur of competition though as the other 4 mentioned.

How in the world is Liberty #2 ???

They've beaten Union City, Haywood, and Raliegh-Egypt...

With their one loss coming to Bolivar, two time defending champions...

and OH YEAH, they play in the toughest 2A district in the state...

Who has McMinn Central beaten to deserve the voting they have received?

I would certainly agree with you on this point.