Oak Ridge Football Banquet

OakRidgeCat

Tnbreakers, My only point was, if they had a senior night where they recognized the seniors, imo, this should have been sufficient. I was not trying to say that "your" son needed a trophy. I was just making an anology. We do agree on one thing and that is we respect each others opinion, just don't agree with it. Hopefully we can just leave it at that. Have a good one.

Just what do you have a problem with? If, at the year end banquet, EACH senior is recognized by his head coach or whoever. Just call out the players name, and thank him and his parents for the time, effort, and support to the program. Thats the reason you have a banquet, to recognize your players!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't they have a Senior night at the last home ballgame? Should have been enough imo.

There is never enough for some parents. Sad that this happened to a team that went to the state championship. Some parents never understand!! I only post this because I have been coaching at 4 different schools and at all of them some one gets ******** off at the head coach. I have never been a head coach and I don't know that I ever want to be one because of the ******** that parents create!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

I want to thank all of the seniors for their hard work and dedication. Even though they were not recognized at the banquet which is a complete disgrace, we appreciate your 4 years of hard work and great leadership. Tina and her booster club support along with David Clary put together a great banquet atmosphere it is a shame it was butchered!! An apology is owed to all seniors and their parents. I waited until I had a good nights sleep to post this but I still cannot believe what took place, or should I say what did not take place. Words of advice in the future, let David Clary do it or make sure you get ORGANIZED!

I was very curious when I first read this on why it went off like this. But I went to ( my first ) Father Ryan banquet Sunday night at the the Marriot at Cool Springs in Franklin Tn. I asked a player where they had it last year and was told it was a breakfast in the school cafeteria. The whole thing was first class, as the night unfolded I was sitting back thinking this coach knows exactly what he wants and when, as far as I know He planned how this was going to come off, with all the work from the booster club of course. What totally suprised me was the first group He asked to stand up as there names where called was the student assistants. How many coaches first recognize the people who carry water, equipment etc. to and from the field? I have to say I kept thinking back to your post, and at the end after all the awards, of course he called all seniors up at the end. I do not know his first name or even how to spell his last last name, but I will say He is one class act. For him to end up at Father Ryan because of the health of his son is one thing, but he has been in Oak Ridge for a long time and he is one person you all should be proud of from your community. If the rest of Oak Ridge is anything like this Man, you are one classy town. Good luck in the future. Please, this is not a cheap shot at anyone, this is just to tell you that you have an alum in another part of the state that is representing your community well.

the tradition at oak ridge is that the banquet is mostly for the seniors and their families. it is sorta of a final goodbye and thank you from the program. i mean the team it self is on the highest pedstal for the year they had but this is the seniors last dealing ever with ORHS footbal so it is their night. they had to wait their turn, just like others before them waited thier turns.....

TC

There is never enough for some parents. Sad that this happened to a team that went to the state championship. Some parents never understand!! I only post this because I have been coaching at 4 different schools and at all of them some one gets ******** off at the head coach. I have never been a head coach and I don't know that I ever want to be one because of the ******** that parents create!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

I don't think anyone is ***** off at the head coach, I know I'm not, I just made these SUGGESTIONS, as a way of making sure every senior is recognized in some fashion, at the year end banquet. I watched the replay of the banquet, and it was a first class affair. Any and everyone associated with organizing this years banquet should be commended for their effort.

• 3 weeks later...