Oak Ridge Football Banquet

OakRidgeCat

The Oak Ridge Football Banquet is Thursday night. Ending the 2005 season and saying a final HURRAH to the Senior Class.

Congrats Seniors, you have done a wonderful job during your years at Oak Ridge. Hold your head high and always be proud to be a WILDCAT. Thanks for the memories, they have been plentiful!

The final act of the night will be the seniors getting together one last time and singing the fight song, a memorable moment for all of their parents, coaches, and fans. :thumb:

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to thank all of the seniors for their hard work and dedication. Even though they were not recognized at the banquet which is a complete disgrace, we appreciate your 4 years of hard work and great leadership. Tina and her booster club support along with David Clary put together a great banquet atmosphere it is a shame it was butchered!! An apology is owed to all seniors and their parents. I waited until I had a good nights sleep to post this but I still cannot believe what took place, or should I say what did not take place. Words of advice in the future, let David Clary do it or make sure you get ORGANIZED!

I can understand a parent being upset about not calling out or addressing every senoir, these kids have made a sacrfice of time and effort to be part of the team, along with the parents, (not to mention financially). It woud only take a short time to mention these kids, with that being said, I know the banquet was long enough and I don't think anyone made this oversight on purpose, maybe this could be a "lesson learned" for next years banquet.

TnBreakers, FYI, not that it matters, but I did play and did not carry water bottles except when I was a Freshman. The recognition for the seniors at the last home game should have been plenty. The people at the banquet knew who the seniors were and the contribution that they made. Or maybe they should have given everybody a trophy like they do now on little league teams so everybody can feel important and no one is left out. Just one person's opinion like everyone else's on this board. As you say, LOL

How do you not recognize the guys that have been a part of your program for 4 years, some that have not played much? This is not Little League, and I am definately not a parent of a kid who needs a trophy!!!! If you think the seniors should not be recognized then obviously you have never played any type of team sport. You have your opinion and I respect that, even though I do not agree with it. I have never attended a banquet that the seniors were not individually recognized. Trust me my boys have had enough attention, this is not for them. This is just normal procedures for OR this year.

and I am definately not a parent of a kid who needs a trophy!!!!

You can say amen to that brother! And it appears that there will be more to come.

Tnbreakers, I think your first posting got the right attention and next years banquet will be better organized (from the perspective you spoke of) you can count on that. Your offspring are nothing but class acts on and off the field and the only people that can take credit for that are you and the Mrs.!

Tina and the "troops" did a wonderful job this year and deserve every congratulations that they can muster and then some. It is now time to move on to 2006!

Go Wildcats Go! ;)

Tnbreakers, My only point was, if they had a senior night where they recognized the seniors, imo, this should have been sufficient. I was not trying to say that "your" son needed a trophy. I was just making an anology. We do agree on one thing and that is we respect each others opinion, just don't agree with it. Hopefully we can just leave it at that. Have a good one.