Referees

MECANER

In general the refs have been ok this year in our games. They miss calls and make some bad ones, but it seems to be as they say at the beginning of the game "made in good faith". Overall the games are called fair if not play by play perfect.

However, last night took the cake! We were playing a small school with few bballers; mostly the big kids from the football team in bbal uniform. They are rough, lots of pushing and grabbing. Two refs clearly did not want to make this a foul fest and let the boys play rough, but it was fair. One ref however was clearly biased, he would not whistle this team. It got so bad that at the end of the game their guard was intentionally fouling our guard to stop the clock, he did it 3 feet from this ref and he would not blow the whistle, their coach is yelling "foul him", finnally the kid tackles our guard and another ref blows the whistle...AMAZING! :thumb:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well last nite we had some decent refs at the beginnin, call almost fair, but right after half time they turn the game around jus like that, i dont care what some people say about refs not helpin a team win, but when a ref gives a team free throws, and lets a player stay in after havin 5 fouls, then they are decidin who wins.....

well last nite we had some decent refs at the beginnin, call almost fair, but right after half time they turn the game around jus like that, i dont care what some people say about refs not helpin a team win, but when a ref gives a team free throws, and lets a player stay in after havin 5 fouls, then they are decidin who wins.....

Saw a single A game earlier this year between two ranked teams where 32 fouls were called in the 1st half. ( 16 each). That is a foul every 30 seconds!!!!!!

Where can you find a decent referee in high school basketball who will call the games fair?

HSBB is a game, and it always will be......but some of these referees take the fun out of the game for the kids - like someone is paying them just to control the outcome of the game, and it's really sad. I know they're embarassed to go back and watch the tapes after these games -.

It's unfair when a high school team has to "play" the refs - that's fine - what don't kill you will only make you stronger.

Thanks to all the unfair referees who take the fun out of kids' game for their own selfish gains.

If that's not you - I'm not talking to you. They know who they are.

Thanks to all the unfair referees who take the fun out of kids' game for their own selfish gains.

What do they gain? They get paid the same regardless of who wins, and I doubt that any of them wants to be branded a "cheater" for the small amount of money that they do make.

For the "I Hate The Referee Crowd", I'd love to see the refs take a week off and force all the high school games to be cancelled. The week of the District or Regional tournament would be the perfect time. :thumb:

Then we could let the players call the fouls, or let the coaches call the fouls, or maybe some of you fans would hit the floor and referee........

What do they gain? They get paid the same regardless of who wins, and I doubt that any of them wants to be branded a "cheater" for the small amount of money that they do make.

For the "I Hate The Referee Crowd", I'd love to see the refs take a week off and force all the high school games to be cancelled. The week of the District or Regional tournament would be the perfect time. :blink:

Then we could let the players call the fouls, or let the coaches call the fouls, or maybe some of you fans would hit the floor and referee........

You may be one of the fair referees out there - but I know for a fact that there are some referees who have a lot to do with the end results of some of those games. The tapes do not lie.

Some times they cheat so bad that we fans do wish they would take a week off or however long they want - because like I stated before - this is a kids' game - not a business (like some like to call it). Any way - some of the coaches are already calling the fouls - and so call refereeing. Ask Raleigh Egypt. One of their coaches calls some of Ridgeway's games. Think Ridgeway's coach can go over and referee Raleigh Egypt's game? I don't think so.

You must be one of those "cheating" referees. Thanks for teaching the kids whom you cheat a lesson - that no weapon formed against them shall prosper - and that includes you.

Edited by ridgewayfan

"You must be one of those "cheating" referees. Thanks for teaching the kids whom you cheat a lesson - that no weapon formed against them shall prosper - and that includes you."

That is absolutely the dumbest statement I've ever heard......HEY I HAVE AN IDEA! Why don't you become a referee and teach these kids how to PROSPER!......LOL ( I BET I KNOW YOUR ANSWER...) NOT ENOUGH GUTS?

"You must be one of those "cheating" referees. Thanks for teaching the kids whom you cheat a lesson - that no weapon formed against them shall prosper - and that includes you."

That is absolutely the dumbest statement I've ever heard......HEY I HAVE AN IDEA! Why don't you become a referee and teach these kids how to PROSPER!......LOL ( I BET I KNOW YOUR ANSWER...) NOT ENOUGH GUTS?

No statement is a "dumb" statement - I have a right to an opinion. They will definitely prosper. As a matter of fact, they already have.

You must be one of those "cheating referees" - seems like I stepped on your toe. Ouch! If the shoe fits, wear it.