Top 10 in 1A

ptguard12

I don't think I'd call 14A a "weak district". It's not as strong as 7A but none are right now with JC's move and RBS' success. But to address an earlier post, the Upper Cumberland has had much success in AA and some West Tn. teams have faltered once they got to the 'boro, but in Class A that has not been the case. Between Gleason, Bradford, & Trenton Peabody there's a lot of Gold & Silver balls residing in trophy cases from the past 20 years.

Wescharge has now disproved this theory!! :D

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the real travesty in highschool ball. You get a team like Coalfield or Summertown in there when a team like either RBS or Clarkrange will be sitting in the stands watching, and knowing they are a much better team but because of the system and the power of their district they are unable to compete at the state level. However it is what it is so may the best team win. Someone posted earlier that Jackson County would be the favorite, and while that might be true, i have just watched the Steeler's a six seed in the NFL run over the top three seeds so ANYTHING can happen! :D

and are the favorite over another # 1 seed in the Super Bowl.

Not sure about a travesty, but the top 2 teams are all that need to go on to the state tournament. Nobody wants 4 teams from one area to play 4 teams from another area. Everyone needs to be represented. There are "must win games" that have to be won.....a team can lose every regular season game and go just 7-3 (some places even 6-3) in the tournament and win a gold ball, or go 6-4 and win a silver. You get tooooo many opportunites already to advance on.

and are the favorite over another # 1 seed in the Super Bowl.

Not sure about a travesty, but the top 2 teams are all that need to go on to the state tournament. Nobody wants 4 teams from one area to play 4 teams from another area. Everyone needs to be represented. There are "must win games" that have to be won.....a team can lose every regular season game and go just 7-3 (some places even 6-3) in the tournament and win a gold ball, or go 6-4 and win a silver. You get tooooo many opportunites already to advance on.

I agree because a few years back there could have been 5 teams from 7AA to make it to the state tournament if it was possible, they were all that good. Heck I remember one year the 6th place regular season team from 7AA Cannon Co pulled a upset in the tourney and made it to the Region and played David Lipscomb (8AA 1st) in the first round of the region and thumped them.

There has to be a end somewhere.

Edited by bob77

Here's the real travesty in highschool ball. You get a team like Coalfield or Summertown in there when a team like either RBS or Clarkrange will be sitting in the stands watching, and knowing they are a much better team but because of the system and the power of their district they are unable to compete at the state level. However it is what it is so may the best team win. Someone posted earlier that Jackson County would be the favorite, and while that might be true, i have just watched the Steeler's a six seed in the NFL run over the top three seeds so ANYTHING can happen! :D

Sorry but RBS or Clarkrange are not that much better than Summertown. You people need to get off your high horses in that district.....you fall further that way! But thats OK can't wait :P

Wait just a second. Jackson County hasnt won their first Gold Ball in Single A yet. I know its coming but we're talking Class A and they dont have a Gold Ball yet. I'm not real sure JJackson County could have beaten Bradford, Gleason & Trenton in those heyday years. Anyway they didnt so lets stick with the facts. The question is whose won the most Gold & Silver Balls 7A or 14A in Class A.

14A has dominated the last 10 years. (7 out of 10)

Edited by Greenfieldfan

Greenfield[/url'>fan' post='825913586' date='Jan 26 2006 - 02:15 PM']

Wait just a second. Jackson County hasnt won their first Gold Ball in Single A yet. I know its coming but we're talking Class A and they dont have a Gold Ball yet. I'm not real sure JJackson County could have beaten Bradford, & Trenton in those heyday years. Anyway they didnt so lets stick with the facts. The question is whose won the most Gold & Silver Balls 7A or 14A in Class A.

14A has dominated the last 20 years.

Gleason was not in 14A when they won theres...they played in that 4 team district called 13A...remember those days?