AP Prep Poll

PTSportsWriter

No,Union City would have beaten every team that Trousdale Beat...The only team better in 1A was the team that won it all.....One reason why west Tn voters vote the way they do???...THEY ARE NOT HOMER VOTERS.....The majority of people voting are in Middle and East Tn....West Tn doesn't have but 3 or 4 outlets voting......Then you got people like The Jackson Sun who doesn't even know Union City is in West Tennessee....

Man you guys cant even win enough games to even be recognized as a west Tn. team by your local outlets and you want in the top 10 hmmmmm. East Tn. isn't HOMER VOTERS either Cosby is 20-1 winning by an average of more than 20 a game only loss came to a very good AA school who really hates us and gets reall pumped to play us every time , and this is the first time i remember cosby being #1 in the polls.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If, but, and, etc.. The fact is they still win. Like Cobra stated you play to your strengths and the opponents weakness. Some slow it down while others do what, thats right, speed it up!!

You can win when teams like those stall and hold the ball. If they were over here it couldn't be like that

West TN has been superior for a number of years

I happened to pull out the AP poll for AAA of Feb. 15 2005. It had Franklin #1 - we didn't make it to the Sub-State. Ditto for Bradley Central who was ranked #2. Siegel wasn't even in the top 10 and we know how well they did.

The finals for AAA and other divisions last year were dominated by "West of the TN river" teams!! I certainly hope that middle TN teams do better this year, whether it be Shelbyville, Siegel, Hendersonville, Franklin, Whites Creek or Oakland.

Basically, the AP Poll or the Hooley Poll are just one man's or group of men's opinion. Polls are pretty useless. The "proof of the pudding" is really just who makes it to The Boro and who does what once they get there. It was embarrasing to see how Jackson Northside dominated Glencliff two years ago and Hillsboro last year.

I haven't seen em play but I would guess that AP got the #1 team right this year, Hamilton looks like The Real Deal! Let's hope someone from Mid. TN can make it to the finals this year! (and hopefully make it competitive) :lol:

Basically, the AP Poll or the Hooley Poll are just one man's or group of men's opinion. Polls are pretty useless. The "proof of the pudding" is really just who makes it to The Boro and who does what once they get there. It was embarrasing to see how Jackson Northside dominated Glencliff two years ago and Hillsboro last year

haha the Hoolie Poll...but I agree they are just opinions.

Harris' Holligans....................... you do realize the 7AAA tourney winner will be the one that has a shot at the sectionals don't you? Whoever ends up in second place in the district tourney will host the 3rd place 8AAA team and winner must play probably Shelbyville. If you don't win that game no chance at the state. I know that Siegel is talented, but can they take Oakland twice? Of course the District finals are what count and ANYONE can fall. I just think looking at the Region 4AAA tourney being in Winchester that whoever is playing from the 7AAA #2 spot will have a hard row to hoe. :unsure: IMNSHO.

Harris' Holligans....................... you do realize the 7AAA tourney winner will be the one that has a shot at the sectionals don't you? Whoever ends up in second place in the district tourney will host the 3rd place 8AAA team and winner must play probably Shelbyville. If you don't win that game no chance at the state. I know that Siegel is talented, but can they take Oakland twice? Of course the District finals are what count and ANYONE can fall. I just think looking at the Region 4AAA tourney being in Winchester that whoever is playing from the 7AAA #2 spot will have a hard row to hoe. :unsure: IMNSHO.

Siegel beat Oakland 4 times last year so they CAN do it...will they is a different story. Shelbyville is a good team and you have to play good teams to prove you are the best. I've even been told by a player or two that they wanna play Shelbyville for elimination. Siegel has been in that position before...the current Shelbyville and Oakland players have not. Whatever the case may be, they are 3 very talented teams and only 2 will come out...We find out which 2 in about a month