AREA II Small School Tournament

AJ98

Oneida and Wartburg can't met in the championship which is a shame. Huntsville's guys may be good but I think Oneida has this one, and will be playing Oakdale in the champ. Mike Barber knows what he wants to run and does it. CACC may have good teams I honestly have no clue. All the games so far have been blowouts or at least really bad to watch. I think it will began to get cranked up now. Petros girls are still my favorite to win. Everyone who has seen most the teams in the girls tourny play seem to favor petros. Petros does like transition though, and transition can be stopped.

Robbins guys are a decent team. #1 got lil playing time but is a good player with his left hook. #22 played none and is quick and can shoot. #15 had good #'s tonight but struggled from the free throw line. These three players when clicking could be tough to handle but I think Wartburg will beat them.

As for Huntsville they have always had good talent but when we played them they were poorly conditioned and couldn't play as tough in the 4th. That was the year Brooks played. If Petros would have been able to go on to the next stage it woulda been a great rematch. Injen, Huntsville may be good but winning state I strongly doubt since they can't beat Oneida. Look forward to the rest of the tourny. Best of Luck all remaining Morgan County team.

BTW when was the last time a Morgan County boys team made state? I know they didn't last year or the year before. Any clue from anyone?

Listen here pedro (SNIFF)

1.OAKDALE IS THE 3rd WORST TEAM IN THAT TOURNAMENT

2.WHEN BROOKS PLAYED WE WON DISTRICT

3.I PLAYED ON THAT TEAM (ALL DISTRICT) (SNIFF)

4.AND FOR THE RECORD IT WILL BE ONIEDA AND HUNTSVILLE IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP BUT, ITS HARD TO BEAT A TEAM 3 TIMES SO ONEIDA HAS TO PLAY GOOD. ILL TAKE EITHER ONIEDA BY 4 OR HUNTSVILLE BY 2

5.AND WHEN U PLAYED US? WHAT TEAM WOULD THAT BE AND YEA WE WAS THE 4TH SEED BUT STILL WON IT ALL BEATING ONEIDA#5, FAIRVIEW#1, AND JELLICO#2 FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO STOP BASHING ON OUR TEAM!

Edited by running riot

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oneida and Wartburg can't met in the championship which is a shame. Huntsville's guys may be good but I think Oneida has this one, and will be playing Oakdale in the champ. Mike Barber knows what he wants to run and does it. CACC may have good teams I honestly have no clue. All the games so far have been blowouts or at least really bad to watch. I think it will began to get cranked up now. Petros girls are still my favorite to win. Everyone who has seen most the teams in the girls tourny play seem to favor petros. Petros does like transition though, and transition can be stopped.

Robbins guys are a decent team. #1 got lil playing time but is a good player with his left hook. #22 played none and is quick and can shoot. #15 had good #'s tonight but struggled from the free throw line. These three players when clicking could be tough to handle but I think Wartburg will beat them.

As for Huntsville they have always had good talent but when we played them they were poorly conditioned and couldn't play as tough in the 4th. That was the year Brooks played. If Petros would have been able to go on to the next stage it woulda been a great rematch. Injen, Huntsville may be good but winning state I strongly doubt since they can't beat Oneida. Look forward to the rest of the tourny. Best of Luck all remaining Morgan County team.

BTW when was the last time a Morgan County boys team made state? I know they didn't last year or the year before. Any clue from anyone?

1. Do you think Oakdale can stop #12 from the 3, #5 from his drive, and Brooks from his jumpshot.

2. The Boys, CACC should not be #2. Huntsville beat them in the regular season and also CACC beat Winfield by 2, and Burchfield by 3. I have no clue about the girls CACC team.

3. Devin Brumley#1 is good from outside and inside. He can shoot the 3 and grab boards. He has a good hook and fade away shot. Braxton Hutson #22 - fast,quick,he can jump for his size. He is an all around player. He is a good defender, and also can play offense. He is the reason why Robbins is a #5 seed. Nathan Griffith #15 - He can get into foul trouble fast if you drive on him. Also, after your team gets a rebound he will try to steal it from your point or person who got the board. He gets alot of steals from that. Robbins and Wartburg will be a great game. Who does wartburg have other than #23.

4. Huntsville will not win state. I dont think they can get past Oneida. Unless #12 is hitting his 3's. #5 can hit outside shots. Brooks can hit his jumpshots.

Oneida is defintley the best team in Area II. They have a great starting 5, and also good players on the bench. Also, against Jellico in the last game of the season, #30 played a great game. I think he was 7/8 from the field. Oneida can use atleast 10 players for a game. They have atleast 5 players that can play post. And 5 players that can play 1 spot, 2 spot and 3 spot.

My Predictions Phillip2003 are

Boys - OMS Indians vs. HMS Bears for the Area II Small School Boys Champioship

Oneida 44 Huntsville 36

Girls - FMS Rebels vs. PJ Patriots for the Area II Small School Girls Championship

Fairview 27 Petros 25

Conselation Match

Boys - CMS Dogs vs. WMS Bobcats..I think Wartburg will win 31 to 23

Girls - CACC vs. Coalfield.. I think CACC will win by 12.

Do You Know Who Won The Jellico Girls and the Robbins Girls Game.

I believe that Oakdale proved they are not the third worst team in this tournament........somebody tell me what happened with Burchfield's coach. He picked up two quick technicals and pulled his team from the floor! What exactly happened? Will he have to sit out two games next year?

I believe that Oakdale proved they are not the third worst team in this tournament........somebody tell me what happened with Burchfield's coach. He picked up two quick technicals and pulled his team from the floor! What exactly happened? Will he have to sit out two games next year?

We will see how good Oakdale is aginst Huntsville on Jan 31 at 8:15. I have no clue what happened to Burchfield's coach.

Who is Oakdales best player? Can they compete with Oneida? Can they beat Huntsville Tuesday?

Edited by unstoppableforce

I believe that Jellico beat Robbins' girls by 7 or so points.

I also want to take a minute to send prayers out to the Thompson boy from Jellico. He suffered a double compound fracture to his arm late in the 3rd quarter of his teams game versus Winfield.

Here are the quarterfinal match-ups as I have them:

Girls

1 Fairview vs. 9 Sunbright (4:30 Monday)

4 Coalfield vs. 5 Wartburg (7:00 Monday)

2 CSCC vs. 7 Jellico (4:30 Tuesday)

3 PJ vs. 6 Oneida (7:00 Tuesday)

Boys

1 Oneida vs. 9 Fairview (5:45 Monday)

4 Wartburg vs. 5 Robbins (8:15 Monday)

2 CSCC vs. 10 Winfield (5:45 Tuesday)

3 Huntsville vs. 6 Oakdale (8:15 Tuesday)

As for predictions.......maybe later!!

What exactly took place during the Burchfield - Oakdale game Saturday Night. Why did the coach and his team leave the court? Heard there were some problems over calls made through the course of the game. I hope no one loses their integrity in the course of a JR HIGH SCHOOL Tournament. Random thoughts from Kaz. :thumb:

Edited by kazam37

Kaz,

I've noticed the clock keeper at the tournament making calls for the officials on the floor. I heard that the coach was getting upset over that and it made him blow his top. Not sure about the exact case. However, I'm serious the clock keeper is acting as the 4th ref at the tourney. PJ should stop that.

King out-

Kaz,

From everything I have heard Burchfield Coach had an awesome melt down. I wish I had been there to see it. Don't know why he did it, but it must have been truly epic. Got T'ed 2 times and took his boys home. Now thats some serious big time flippin out. Welcome to tourney time. Anything can and most times does happen.

From what I heard...he was griping all night at the refs and finally got stuck with one...then he told them they could do it all they wanted to. He picked up his second with 1:50 left. He then just took his kids off the floor. He was getting beat pretty bad, like 20 pts or so. That game overall wasn't one sided, the calls were both ways. Burchfield came out hot early then Oakdale took over! Then Coach Jeffers exploded!!!!!!!

Kaz,

From everything I have heard Burchfield Coach had an awesome melt down. I wish I had been there to see it. Don't know why he did it, but it must have been truly epic. Got T'ed 2 times and took his boys home. Now thats some serious big time flippin out. Welcome to tourney time. Anything can and most times does happen.

Not only some serious flippin' out, but some serious fines. TMSAA doesn't take kindly to leaving the court before the final buzzer. And with the profanity being used the doubt T was a no brainer.