Middle TN DII 2007

red56

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is going to step up and replace Andy Snyder at the running back position next year for MBA? Even though I am not an MBA fan I've got to respect him for being such a hard runner.

As it looks now, I would guess that rising juniors EJ Vinsang and Christian Waddey, along with rising sophomore Patrick Crum, will take shots at the RB position.

As for FB, I don't know. While he played a lot of LB as a sophomore, if Ben Bartholomew can block like his brother (former MBA and UT grad Will), he may deserve a look at FB

As it looks now, I would guess that rising juniors EJ Vinsang and Christian Waddey, along with rising sophomore Patrick Crum, will take shots at the RB position.

As for FB, I don't know. While he played a lot of LB as a sophomore, if Ben Bartholomew can block like his brother (former MBA and UT grad Will), he may deserve a look at FB

Ben Bartholomew will be a good high school football player much like his older brother Bo. What is the stroy about the sophmore QB (6'4" & 210/lb) transfering to another school?

FR - Their stock seems to be on the rise. Staff seems to have program on right track. Team showed some fiestiness last year. Lacking difference makers. Still a ways to go to compete toe-to-toe with the likes of MUS, MBA, CBHS, Baylor and McCallie week in and week out. FR splits most of the Catholic league talent in Nashville with Pope John Paul II, a new school located in the northern suburbs. The nomadic Irish, who have a beautiful and compact campus, have received zoning approval from the City of Nashville to play their home football games on campus. This should be a big shot in the arm as Father Ryan continues to revive a once proud football program under the leadership of Athletics Director Paul Davis.

I thought Bruce Lussier was coaching the football team and was the reason that they were turning the program around? I didn't know that Paul Davis was even coaching? Heck, all HS programs can save a bunch of money if they follow FRHS's plan and have the AD coach the football program. He appears to be doing a great job. Where is Lussier going?

Ole Dad

Crum is going to become one of MBA's top players very very quickly.

Crum is going to become one of MBA's top players very very quickly.

I think you may be correct. MBA has had a couple of great RBs in the past few years (Snyder and Michael Koban), and Crum is certainly coming off of a good freshman year - good enough that he may be the next in line to step it up.

EJ Vinsang, although small, showed some good stuff when given the chance last year. He broke a long one in the Ravenwood scrimmage and had about 5 yards per carry in mop-up duty during 2005.

• 4 weeks later...

The biggest question posed at the start of every D2 season is and will continue to be: will BA get Carlton a gold ball in D2? Tom Moore got run out of Brentwood because he couldn't win it and I don't see what Flatt has done to ensure himself anymore job security than what Moore got for himself.

Whoever said Coach Bowers is the best coach in the state is right. No matter what kind of athlete you are, if you like football and representing your school enough then you will have nothing but good experiences playing for him and accumulate an impressive array of finger-wear.

I expect Baylor to make a run every year, and they did so this past year, but McCallie and MUS look to be the teams outside of BA/MBA to reckon with considering that CBHS seemingly used its good season up last year.

Lets get this whole Father Ryan whos who mess cleared up. Paul Davis is the Dean of Students and has nothing to do with the football program. Bruce Lussier is the head coach. The athletic director is Hosey Holzapfel

Hoc, Get it correct. Paul Davis is not Dean of students he is Asst Principle

The Father Ryan High School web site list the following:

Jim McIntyre: Principal

Reverand Mark Hunt: Associate Principal

Sara M. Hayes: Academic Dean

Paul Davis: Dean of Students

Everett B. Holzapfel: Athletic Director

Edited by cbg