Jackie Pickel (BCHS)

HUCK

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any coach of the game knows that if you lose a player, you lose chemistry. In a sense, you could call it shell shock in knowing that your floor general is down. Can you explain the 26 point loss early in the year that Bradley put on Tyner? Sing your praises now because the only reason Tyner was added to the schedule is to produce a couple of easy wins for a coach that has had problems with producing W's because of a tough district. Tyner did get the win, but more importantly Pickel isn't going to miss any games. Tyner better worry about getting past the first round of region!

...As for your comments let me them answer them for you...I don't get on here after a loss and try to minimize a teams win for whatever reason...I really wanted Pickel to play the whole game so their wouldn't be any excuses like the "lame" one you posted earlier...our girls deserved to win that game because of the way they hustled, played defense and scored points when they needed!!! Yes, the Bearettes were "shocked" because they thought they were playing the team that they beat in December...as I've said on another thread the "Lady Rams" were not in sync(in December) due to filling some big holes at the #1, & #3 positions and a promising player did not return but that is behind us at this point in time...Instead of you worrying about our first round of the region, you should concentrate on the rest of the season...I hope Ms. Pickel recovers and has an outstanding rest of the season!!!

...Oh, and by the way go back and read Indian's comment ;)

First of all, I'm outside looking in. Second of all, worry about your region and quit gloating over your win against Bradley.

...Nobody's gloating...I'm just defending my team...and if you're going to make adverse comments about someone's team have your facts in order or just be prepared to deal with the consequences!!!

Do you consider the victory an "upset"? Either way, it took a great coaching job to get a win at Smiddy arena with or without Pickel. I'm just glad that she is doing good and ready to make a run at the state tournament!

TynerRamFan:

Consequences to what??? Your not bothering me! I like to get those feathers ruffled!

Jackie is doing great.. No huge injury and will play Tuesday. She might look funny in a mouthpiece and noseguard, but she will play. Didn't see the game, since we spent MANY hours at Bradley Memorial to get stitches, but I did sit in the car and listen to bits and pieces of it. Tyner is a very talented and very much improved team. They may have beaten Bradley with or without Jackie, we will never know. Katrich played one geat game. She is a great player and great girl. The loss cannot be blamed on JP not being in the game. I do think that the first half, the girls were maybe thinking about her. They are certainly not a one man team as some of you want to say. They have several scorers. I hate like everything that the Bearettes lost, but I want to be the first to give Tyner some credit. They won it fair and square. I wish them good luck in the district and region and can't wait to see Katrich tomorrow night.

Hope Jackie is feeling better today.

And the loss, After two huge district games back to back in front of a packed gym and several players with bumps and bruises the loss to tyner didn't surprise me. It really doesn't mean anything anyway. Its hard to take a team serious coming in that you beat so badly the first go around and knowing it has no bearing on the season.

The gym had mostly only parents , No atmosphere and the girls were tired and lacked any kind of emotion playing the game. Then Jackie has to leave dripping blood and someone wonders why the Bearettes played lackluster ball.

Congrats on the win . But it will have zero effect on the season for the ladies come tournament time. To sum it up , Tyner had something to prove and played like it. BC didnt and played like it. The most talented team didnt win..Happens sometimes. :thumb:

Jackie is doing great.. No huge injury and will play Tuesday. She might look funny in a mouthpiece and noseguard, but she will play. Didn't see the game, since we spent MANY hours at Bradley Memorial to get stitches, but I did sit in the car and listen to bits and pieces of it. Tyner is a very talented and very much improved team. They may have beaten Bradley with or without Jackie, we will never know. Katrich played one geat game. She is a great player and great girl. The loss cannot be blamed on JP not being in the game. I do think that the first half, the girls were maybe thinking about her. They are certainly not a one man team as some of you want to say. They have several scorers. I hate like everything that the Bearettes lost, but I want to be the first to give Tyner some credit. They won it fair and square. I wish them good luck in the district and region and can't wait to see Katrich tomorrow night.

Great Post TNWAREAGLE !! Obviously you are very close to Jackie. I am somewhat close to the Cumberland County team have heard some of the girls talk about how Jackie is not only a great player but a class act as a person also. The statements in your post reflect that same class. It is great to hear congrats and praise from the losing team instead of excuses and whining. These boards need more like you and girls basketball needs more like Jackie that will give you everything they have on the floor and have the courage to profess their faith in Christ. Hope your recovery is fast and complete and we look forward to seeing you in the tournaments. Our prayers are with you.