JP2 56 Father Ryan 55 OT

thetotaltruth

this is already a heated rivalry of course fans and players r gonna do that in a game like that dont act like father ryan wouldnt have done that if they would have won....but besides the fact of a crazy comment like that it was one heck of game..

Edited by popefan 21

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely an awesome game. In the last 10 seconds, I went from nervous, to relived, to saying, 'wtf just happened?' The chants werent bad at all, all that was said was 'we cant hear you'. Alvin Ingle is a great B-ball player. But the man who would have been defending him, Antwan Simmons, was not there. Is it me, or could FR not hit a 3 if their life depended on it? Ryan Langhi is the best player on that team and gets better every game. Great game, to say it was the game of the year is an understatement.

You sound like an irish supporter which is interesting because after a similar win at JPII last year similar chants of "this is our house" and some spilling onto the court occured. In an emotional, hostile game like that it is wrong to say JPII had no class, especially when Father Ryan administrators said, and i quote, "If we had won like that at your place we would have run on the court too".

A Ryan administrator said this? I find that extremely odd considering the army of them that stand in front of the student section during the games while telling the students what they can or can't chant. I also wonder if they would have let the Ryan students run up to the opposing side after winning and taunt, mock, and even push them? I can guarantee you that Coach Bontrager would not have let his players gloat the way JP2's did, and the administration definitely would have had a ridiculously tight grip on the students, as they always do. I understand the intensity of the game and JP2 earned the win, but they definitely need a lesson in discipline.

i agree with frw if ryan hit there 3s they would have won easily but that how basketball goes sometimes...yall did hit a lot of 3s though and the only 1 i remember that pope hit was when alvin shot that deep one....and my2cents r u kiddin me they tried stoppin us but there is now way they were goin to stop that...how r they gonna stop like 100 students from runnin on the court...and to say that some fans ran over there and pushed some ryan fans is just plain ignorant if that would have happened there would have been a fight...they might have bumped into yall just cause they were tryin to get to the players before they got off the court...

Edited by popefan 21

Ryan Langhi the best player? I'll agree that he improves every game, but I don't think i would ever call him the best player. Either way it was a heck of a game I couldn't beleive it when Golden Tate got so wide open and made that shot. I'd say i can't wait until next time, but the next time will be in a 300 seat gym so it will be impossible to get a seat. I had trouble getting one last night. It should be a heck of a game and i'm sure Father Ryan is looking for vengeance.

A Ryan administrator said this? I find that extremely odd considering the army of them that stand in front of the student section during the games while telling the students what they can or can't chant. I also wonder if they would have let the Ryan students run up to the opposing side after winning and taunt, mock, and even push them? I can guarantee you that Coach Bontrager would not have let his players gloat the way JP2's did, and the administration definitely would have had a ridiculously tight grip on the students, as they always do. I understand the intensity of the game and JP2 earned the win, but they definitely need a lesson in discipline.

Lets try to imagine for a minute what would have happened if not for the "army" of administrators. People can try to show JP2 as a bunch of thugs all they want but it wasn't JP2 that required a policeman and teachers/administration in the student section. I guarantee you no "pushing" went on that would have caused a riot.

Father Ryan Wrestling... You are right it was a great game and both sides went through a gammit of emotions during the last ten seconds... My 2 cents... I do not know what game you were at but I swear I heard the Father Ryan kids yell with the band playing "Were Going to Beat the H#ll out of you. Yeah, there administration really kept a tight reign over them. That being said, i do not think Ryan's kids or Pope kids did anything out of the ordinary or classless when it comes to a rivalry of this magnitude.. The purple boys were the best show of the night. Their little dance before the game was hilarious and their skit during Pope's player introductions was hilarious. Honestly, I come to this game to watch both student sections and to listen to the chants.

Good post Feverfan,.......I`m a Ryan fan and I thought both student sections were really into it and having a good time. I would much rather go see a game with an atmosphere like that than some yawner with the gym about 1/3 full.

The way the game ended was simply stunning. Either Coach Sneed designed a great play or the Irish defender got lost, but Golden Tate was all alone on that 2 foot shot as time expired in overtime.

I guess I`m old school, but I love intensity. And there was plenty of it on display Tuesday night. Some nights when I go to games it looks as if the teams are just going through the motions.

That is not the case when these two teams get together. The girls game was a good one also. I for one appreciate what this rivalry is becoming.

Let`s work to keep it fun and keep it in perspective. Both schools have one big thing in common that bonds them together........Their Catholic faith.

I don't think you understood what I posted. I never said that the fans running out onto the court was what bothered me. I said the pushups, taking off the shirts, and some guy running in front of the ryan bench holding his finger to his lips is what bothered me. I guarantee Father Ryan would have rushed the court in that situation. But they also wouldn't have waited for JP2's basketball team to get out so they could taunt them, they also wouldn't do pushups in front of the JP2 bench. Look I understand that people get crazy after a big victory but JP2 took it to another level. I am surprised that no fights broke out and I commend father ryan for not letting that happen because I was there and saw what was going on right in front of my eyes. And your right I am a father ryan supporter, but im not a die hard fan. It didnt matter to me who won I just wanted it to be a good game and it was. I am just commenting on what I saw at the game from the other side bc its mostly JP2 supporters responding. Just get me right here.. rushing the court is NOT the issue. Its the way the fans and players reacted, and im sorry for saying JP2 had "zero" class because of the environment and hostility.. they might have a little more than that. You all at JP2 take the chants way too seriously. It is fun and games not disrespect. Pope 57 is talking about a game last year for cryin out loud. Its just a chant..

The chants werent as bad as the last 3 years. As for the incident of the Pope players warming up and all that, I didnt notice and I was semi-close. Would the FR players care? Nah, they got bigger fish to fry. Under some circumstances and a little bit of changes, I think FR could have one no problem, but so many things ahve happened, and we cant buy a basket, it made it a close game.

The bad thing about the Pope gym is that you can only squeeze the players parents in and about enough room for 100 fans. Last year the gym's windows were fogged up, and the heat was intense. Your wrestling room is better than your gym! (in terms of necesity of size) Should be a good game either way. See ya again soon and maybe in the playoffs.

I don't think you understood what I posted. I never said that the fans running out onto the court was what bothered me. I said the pushups, taking off the shirts, and some guy running in front of the ryan bench holding his finger to his lips is what bothered me. I guarantee Father Ryan would have rushed the court in that situation. But they also wouldn't have waited for JP2's basketball team to get out so they could taunt them, they also wouldn't do pushups in front of the JP2 bench. Look I understand that people get crazy after a big victory but JP2 took it to another level. I am surprised that no fights broke out and I commend father ryan for not letting that happen because I was there and saw what was going on right in front of my eyes. And your right I am a father ryan supporter, but im not a die hard fan. It didnt matter to me who won I just wanted it to be a good game and it was. I am just commenting on what I saw at the game from the other side bc its mostly JP2 supporters responding. Just get me right here.. rushing the court is NOT the issue. Its the way the fans and players reacted, and im sorry for saying JP2 had "zero" class because of the environment and hostility.. they might have a little more than that. You all at JP2 take the chants way too seriously. It is fun and games not disrespect. Pope 57 is talking about a game last year for cryin out loud. Its just a chant..

Geez do not take it so seriously, its just a shhhhhh, push ups and a little skin.

Geez do not take it so seriously, its just a shhhhhh, push ups and a little skin.

exactly. If your going to complain like a little girl about our chants and reactions to chants dont you go crying about a shh and some pushups. Father Ryan could possibly be the most two faced school on the planet. they say one thing and do another and complain about things they do themselves.