Sullivan South v DB

rebfan06

When are you guys going to stop talking about "how bad" DB is and START giving them a little credit for becoming a solid TEAM???? They have only have 3 losses in the confrance but yet some of you still seem to think the are so bad and they are under dogs in every game??? I just don't get it!

Come on guys......... GIVE THEN SOME CREDIT! :P

i too believe that DB deserves credit, they are a competitive team year after year. their win over south tonight shows that. yes they do have some weaknesses but so does any other young team, give them a year or 2 and they will be a powerhouse again.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we may never even hear from rebfan (starter of this thread) again. I bet he has already choked to death on that extra tough crow he had to eat tonight. This DB team continues to amaze as they keep winning games they are picked to lose.

Somebody tell me about the cheap shot Compton put on Throp. I hear it was pretty nasty. Was that intentional or a mistake?

Edited by bud

I do agree with some of the posts in this thread. DB has some great talent coming up. They have a loaded freshman team, and the JV has a really good team too. I wonder if all the upcoming talent will play for Morgan, or will they just walk the halls of DB their last 2-3 years. The varsity has played hard this year, but I still say they are the worst shooters in the Big 9. I beleive the Varsity will be very hard to deal with next year..I may be wrong, but I believe Will Henry is the only senior, and every one else will be back. If you can stop Thrope and Sensebaugh from from driving to the hole in the fourth quarter then you will beat DB every time you play them. :) The screen set by Compton last night was a good screen until Compton decided to move his left shoulder into Thrope at impact. Compton was called for the foul, it fired DB up. On WCYB last night it looked like Thrope was is pretty good shape, he was still able to flap his lips....Thrope is good at that, shirt pumping, chest thumping...I guess when he's winning he has every right to do things like that...

There are some things I don't agree with:

They have no post presense right now. Flack is a joke and his dream of playing in the NBA will fizzle for sure. He could not play for any college in the area. The Edwards kid is playing so much on the JV that he does not contribute much to the varsity. The Edwards kid is going to be very good, very soon and Bronson will find himself back on the bench next year, Williamson plays a whole lot harder than Flack and every time the whistle blows on Flack, he's looking to the sideline at Charlie with his hands turned up cryin' cause he got a bad call. :)

The dome looked good last night. I guess what impressed me the most was the cleanliness of the place. If you ever go back behind the dome into the hallways surrounding it you will see how clean it is.

Sounds like you guys better stop celebrating a win over a one dimensional South team and get ready for the "The Hill". I can guarantee Omar will have more for DB than South could ever bring. Ragging on South fans, cheap shots, and Thrope bragging on WCYB about how "A General takes over" only adds fuel to fires.

Of course, Omar and "The Hill" could experience what the rest of the Big 9 refers to as "The Kingsport Kielbasa" or "Dome Cooking" B) I hope that does not happen.

Kudos to DB this year...with the way they have shot the ball, I don't see how in the h*** they are going to finish second in the conference.

thank you brock. its nice to see a quality and classy poster from another school, instead of all these south idiots. by the way, are they all hiding in their beds and sleepin with their flags or whats the deal??

hjahahahahahahaha

The dome is THE BEST place to watch a high school basketball game that I have ever been to period. Every D-B fan should be proud, it looked great. I have not been in the dome in a few years, when did you guys switch the home side with the visitors? There are many correct observations about the game in most of these threads. South does not handle pressure well. They get a lead and then start to play sloppy. They have done this in more games this year than just D-B. I said it early in the year and i will say it again. This team, not entirely, is not disciplined. I have one thing to say, although I do not agree with the original posters comments and jabs. I have seen plenty of mud slung by some D-B posters on here as well as evidence of TRIBES "all these south idiots". That remark is as in bad taste as the original post. Congrats to D-B.

Edited by 83SouthRebel

thank you brock. its nice to see a quality and classy poster from another school, instead of all these south idiots. by the way, are they all hiding in their beds and sleepin with their flags or whats the deal??

hjahahahahahahaha

With all the quality facilities in this area, DB, Viking Hall, and Freedom Hall. Why in the world are we having the district tournament at South? There is no way, " in my opinion", that they can handle the crowds, especially the fans from DB and SH alone. Does anyone know why this was chose for the district?

Edited by hightop

With all the quality facilities in this area, DB, Viking Hall, and Freedom Hall. Why in the world are we having the district tournament at South? There is no way, " in my opinion", that they can handle the crowds, especially the fans from DB and SH alone. Does anyone know why this was chose for the district?

There was a vote taken to rotate the District Tournament. South host this year, someone else next year. There was a huge crowd at South for the DB-South game and I did not hear or see any problems. South's facilities are worn down and in nbeed of a facelift, but there are plenty of places in the conference to play the District. I am sure South will do all they can to make the tournament first rate...just as any other school in the Big 9 would. Judge it after it is over. Not before it begins.

you are not looking in the mirror and smiling are you?? you can run but you can't hide

There was a vote taken to rotate the District Tournament. South host this year, someone else next year. There was a huge crowd at South for the DB-South game and I did not hear or see any problems. South's facilities are worn down and in nbeed of a facelift, but there are plenty of places in the conference to play the District. I am sure South will do all they can to make the tournament first rate...just as any other school in the Big 9 would. Judge it after it is over. Not before it begins.

It's not the shape of the facilities that anyone cares about, it is the lack of seating that is going to be the problem. It may have held all the fans for the South/DB game but what about when all the fans from other schools are going to be there too? Why not just have it at DB, TN High or Freedom Hall and be done with it?

I went to the DB/South game and had to park down at the baseball field and It was still 45 minutes til game time. With several schools there at one time - parking will be ridiculous and people will be turned away at the door. South is just TOO SMALL!

cull,

First: it is Throp and Sensabaugh.

Second: on WCYB Throp said "adrenaline takes over" referring to the fact that he had been out sick and not at 100% physically...same quote as on TriCitiesSports.com...and yes I have it on tape...

Third:it is a real shame when a fan has to down someone else's team or players rather than be able to cheer for their own...same as a salesman having to downgrade the competition to sell their own product...

Last night was an outstanding high school basketball game, with a great crowd, and great efforts by real competitors...appreciated and enjoyed

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by skunk

That is just what I'm saying, these are only 2 teams. There is one game (8 vs 9) on 2/16 to see who will play SH. On Sat. 2/18 4 games will be played with 8 schools there. When Central was in AA they played the district at Eliz. and I would venture to say Elizabethon will hold as many as South, it was terrible. The Big 9 has a lot more fans than the Watauga Conference. If you don't get there early, you will not get a seat or get in the door.