Unrecognized Football

JTRIM

I don't know if its just me but in 1a football alot of people know of fayette academy, and they always make a run for state, they have never ben defeated in the 1st round of the state playoffs. Why are they so unappreciated, Wes Kennedy runs a hard nose offense which every year is executed with discipline, and the teams who play them know that fayette is the real deal hard hitting team. Why are they paid no attention? This year i do believe there will be plenny of attention for they senior heavy squad. They know how to win and what it feels like. i say they will have their region hand down jcs being runner up, and will make an awesome run for state.

I don't know if its just me but in 1a football alot of people know of fayette academy, and they always make a run for state, they have never ben defeated in the 1st round of the state playoffs. Why are they so unappreciated, Wes Kennedy runs a hard nose offense which every year is executed with discipline, and the teams who play them know that fayette is the real deal hard hitting team. Why are they paid no attention? This year i do believe there will be plenny of attention for they senior heavy squad. They know how to win and what it feels like. i say they will have their region hand down jcs being runner up, and will make an awesome run for state.

While I don't agree with the following statement, for many people, a team has to have at least one state championship to be "appreciated", although I think plenty of people "pay attention" to schools that haven't won a title. USJ is an excellent example - they have had fabulous teams for years on the 1A level (although 2005 was not a good omen for life on the 2A level), but that regular season and early playoff success was overlooked because they could never seal the deal in the late playoff rounds, including in their three state championship games, although they lost to great programs in those title games in Trousdale County (twice) and CPA.

While I don't agree with the following statement, for many people, a team has to have at least one state championship to be "appreciated", although I think plenty of people "pay attention" to schools that haven't won a title. USJ is an excellent example - they have had fabulous teams for years on the 1A level (although 2005 was not a good omen for life on the 2A level), but that regular season and early playoff success was overlooked because they could never seal the deal in the late playoff rounds, including in their three state championship games, although they lost to great programs in those title games in Trousdale County (twice) and CPA.

Why does a program have to win a state title to get positive recognition? There are plenty of great programs that have not been able to punch through and win a title. Or if they have won one they did so to long ago for anybody to really remember. If a program has continual success in the regular season and carries that into the playoffs every year that is a sign of a solid consistent program that will eventually break through, and they deserve "appreciation" for that consistency. I dont think you truly know just how hard it is to capture a state title or you may have made a little more educated analysis on why FA is not getting the credit they deserve. Im new to 1-A ball because Ive been involved with 5-A ball as a player and 3-A ball as a coach, but I can tell you this, success is not always measured in state titles, success is measured in consistency and it seems that FA has exactly that. Normally I would hope that FA would win a state title and quiet the critics but since Im in a 1-A program now I hope that we go on and do the deed, but if we cant I hope that FA pulls through and shuts people up like you. But, even if they dont give them a little credit for alway being around and having a chance, thats more than you can say for a lot of programs. :angry:

Yoakum

Why does a program have to win a state title to get positive recognition? There are plenty of great programs that have not been able to punch through and win a title. Or if they have won one they did so to long ago for anybody to really remember. If a program has continual success in the regular season and carries that into the playoffs every year that is a sign of a solid consistent program that will eventually break through, and they deserve "appreciation" for that consistency. I dont think you truly know just how hard it is to capture a state title or you may have made a little more educated analysis on why FA is not getting the credit they deserve. Im new to 1-A ball because Ive been involved with 5-A ball as a player and 3-A ball as a coach, but I can tell you this, success is not always measured in state titles, success is measured in consistency and it seems that FA has exactly that. Normally I would hope that FA would win a state title and quiet the critics but since Im in a 1-A program now I hope that we go on and do the deed, but if we cant I hope that FA pulls through and shuts people up like you. But, even if they dont give them a little credit for alway being around and having a chance, thats more than you can say for a lot of programs. :thumb:

I WISH TO SAY THANK YOU FOR YOUR OPINION AND THAT I DO BELIEVE WE ARE A GREAT FOOTBALL TEAM AND I AM CONFIDENT WE WILL GO FAR THIS YEAR WITH UNION CITY AND TROUSDALE LOSEING ALMOST ALL OF THEIR STARTERS

Edited by JTRIM

Why does a program have to win a state title to get positive recognition?..I dont think you truly know just how hard it is to capture a state title or you may have made a little more educated analysis on why FA is not getting the credit they deserve.

Once again, I'll take you to the very first sentence of my original post:

While I don't agree with the following statement, for many people, a team has to have at least one state championship to be "appreciated", although I think plenty of people "pay attention" to schools that haven't won a title.

It's difficult to "analyze" the respect level a team gets. What would an analyst do, poll a sample of fans and say "Do you give [insert school] a lot of credit, some credit, or no credit?". And against what criteria would you compare those results? Please provide a sample size that you would consider to provide statistically relevant data, as well as the basis for that sample size. I think we'd all also be interested in a definition of an "unrecognized team" (or a team "not getting the credit they deserve") and the manifestations of such lack of recognition or credit.

If you're going to dog someone for not providing "educated analysis", why don't you ask the original poster what anecdotal evidence he has that Fayette Academy is "so unappreciated" and "paid no attention". Just because there aren't a myriad of posts about a school doesn't mean the school is "unrecognized".

I said nothing to dog Fayette Academy; I just provided a general opinion to a question which, quite frankly, doesn't have a real answer. Save your vitriol for someone else.

Edited by rollredroll

Why does a program have to win a state title to get positive recognition?

Yoakum

because thats how you earn respect in high school football by taking it. nobody goes out for football and say's i want to play on a team that makes it to the playoffs every year and then loses in round 2 or 3. or says i want to post a decent record but fall short of winning it all. every player dreams of winning it ALL, and to the real dedicated athletes that's all that matters, if they got beat last year and didn't win it all.then they chalk that up as a failure. they couldn't care less who respects them, they're always in the weight room or running or bettering their game in some way. they're bustn tail so next year they can try again at winning it all, because it's not about respect or accolades or recognition from the press or whoever, it's about getting to the top of the mountain and any thing short of that is unacceptable. you don't become respected by being an annual choke in the playoffs, if you want respect then you get it by dominating everyone that's trying to get what you want, and that means winning it all.

on a side note; in referance to the first post on this thread

it makes me sick to my stomach when a player gets on here and wants to know why their team isn't getting the respect that they THINK they deserve. that is so ridiculously self serving to one's own ego. let your hat do your talking, if you yearn for respect that bad get off your computer and go lift some weights, quit asking for respect and try earning it.

after his pro bowl snub in 2005, a reporter asked rodney harrison if he felt like he had lost respect throughout the league. harrison's reply.....................

"i get my respect, when i hit you in the face"

Edited by snoball5278

because thats how you earn respect in high school football by taking it. nobody goes out for football and say's i want to play on a team that makes it to the playoffs every year and then loses in round 2 or 3. or says i want to post a decent record but fall short of winning it all. every player dreams of winning it ALL, and to the real dedicated athletes that's all that matters, if they got beat last year and didn't win it all.then they chalk that up as a failure. they couldn't care less who respects them, they're always in the weight room or running or bettering their game in some way. they're bustn tail so next year they can try again at winning it all, because it's not about respect or accolades or recognition from the press or whoever, it's about getting to the top of the mountain and any thing short of that is unacceptable. you don't become respected by being an annual choke in the playoffs, if you want respect then you get it by dominating everyone that's trying to get what you want, and that means winning it all.

on a side note; in referance to the first post on this thread

it makes me sick to my stomach when a player gets on here and wants to know why their team isn't getting the respect that they THINK they deserve. that is so ridiculously self serving to one's own ego. let your hat do your talking, if you yearn for respect that bad get off your computer and go lift some weights, quit asking for respect and try earning it.

Apparently you have been on a team that has won it all and to you I say congrats. Now on the other hand we can't all be fortunate enough to live in one of the handfulls of community's in Tn. that is gonna win a state title every other year. Or we can't afford financially to move to a school across the state just for a chance to win a title. My point is if you go out for a team that is just so so and you play yopur giuts out every week just to get put out of the playoffs in the 2nd round by the power house school with all the title hunting transfers you still have just as much right to pride and respect as anyone. Now if you want to transfer to a school that itraditionally wins 3-4 games a year and come out and let your hat do the talking when you dont have 10 allstate transfers backing you up then you get real respect.

after his pro bowl snub in 2005, a reporter asked rodney harrison if he felt like he had lost respect throughout the league. harrison's reply.....................

"i get my respect, when i hit you in the face"

Edited by old24eagle

i agree i think it quite a disgracefull thing to transfer to win a ring and yes it is sad that some people stoop to that level. we've had people move into our community just to play with a better shot @ state, personnally i have no respect for those individuals, most of who road the bench to state, not all though. my main grievance is the fact that some of these current players get on here saying we deserve respect, hey look at us we're great. it goes back to the old saying, "let your actions speak so loud that no one here's a word you say". again i just don't think respect is something you ask for or say why don't you respect us. i think programs that make it to the playoffs annually do derserve respect but, they lose mine when they get on here and whine that they don't get what they think is enough. IMO i have more respect for the kids that play on teams that rarely if ever win, and never say anything about respect. because they aren't playing for the opinions or respect of others they're just playing for the love of the game(man that is so cliched :( )

• 4 months later...

I think fayette gets their attention this year should be a top 5 preseason pick,I think they win their reigon and reach at least one more game in the playoffs to play either the JO BYRNS RED DEVILS or the tigers from MT.PLEASANT

Fayette Academy has lost in the first round. They lost to Greenfield in the first round at Greenfield in 2001. Just thought I'd point that out! :blink: