Small towns with great BBall teams

jamieroper

Unaka and Hampton are two other Carter County communities worth mentioning, along with already discussed Cloudland. Unaka is a series of small rural communities along the banks of Stoney Creek in the shadow of Holston Mountain. The boys won a state title two years ago and the girls are always tough. Hampton lies in the Doe River Valley just below Watauga Lake. The Lady Dogs also have a rich tradition. Not bad for three little isolated communities in the beautiful mountains of East Tennessee.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gainsboro is no metroplois and neither is Clarkrange but every year they seem to be contenders for the gold. Gleason has Kayla this year and next and they are very little. Byrdstown has a tradition for being good. Copper Basin barely exists and they are good this year. RBS always is tough to beat at home. If you've never been there it is barely a town itself.

how about the moore county raiders girls team. if im not mistaken they have a total of 60 students in the senior class. yeah i'd say pretty small town.

I mentioned them myself. We almost moved up there 2 years ago. The people were really nice, except when you play against them in basketball, then they become 'THE LYNCHMOB'. We were told while up there interviewing for a job up there that when basketball is going on, the school shuts down and goes to support the team. I believe it. It must be the lemonaide. :thumb:

if you think the fans are bad during basketball, you should see them in football season. ten times worse i promise you! not as much lately cuz the football team is not so good but give them a good season and the fans feel like football gods. its not so great.

and yes the school often shuts down if the teams go to the big games. but the town is a very friendly and beautiful town :thumb: