favorite in A this season

competitive fire

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FCS will be hard to beat. They're tough! They're as good as many AAA teams.

FCS has scrimages and regular games with several AAA schools and also plays in the tournament at Disney World against some of the toughest competition around. Hopefully that will prepare them for a great season. Also scrimmaged a very good Hendersonville team last week and beat them while a few of their better players were still on the basketball court !:lol:

Edited by commander1

I know it is very early and now is just scrimmage time BUT... on Sat. Friendship scrimmaged 2 AAA teams and very good AAA teams in Cookeville and Farragut ( Farragut won 2 out of the last 3 state campionships and 1 ruuner-up) FCS won the game with C'ville 3-1 and tied Farragut 4-4... even though it is early 2 very big games so I think FCS can play with anybody in A.... :thumb:

I know it is very early and now is just scrimmage time BUT... on Sat. Friendship scrimmaged 2 AAA teams and very good AAA teams in Cookeville and Farragut ( Farragut won 2 out of the last 3 state campionships and 1 ruuner-up) FCS won the game with C'ville 3-1 and tied Farragut 4-4... even though it is early 2 very big games so I think FCS can play with anybody in A.... :thumb:

No argument from me. Believe that's been proven.

No argument from me. Believe that's been proven.

Thanks dawgwriter just had to put something about a mid school on here... seems like a lot of west tn people don't think we can play any ball of any kind in mid tn. except football... oh good luck to the dawgs in that other round ball sport tonite :thumb:

Yes, Friendship will be hard to handle in A this year. Didn't they get it handed to them in the state championship game last year?

Yes, Friendship will be hard to handle in A this year. Didn't they get it handed to them in the state championship game last year?

Lost 9-2 to USJ after defeating Goodpasture 2 out of 3. "Handed to them?" I sense you see things from a different perspective there, broadaxe.

Lost 9-2 to USJ after defeating Goodpasture 2 out of 3. "Handed to them?" I sense you see things from a different perspective there, broadaxe.

I wasn't sure of the score. Is 9-2 a competitive score to you? I was only talking about the championship game, as my last post states. Are you saying they would have done better in the final game without having to take 2 of 3 from Goodpasture?

Edited by broad_axe

I wasn't sure of the score. Is 9-2 a competitive score to you? I was only talking about the championship game, as my last post states. Are you saying they would have done better in the final game without having to take 2 of 3 from Goodpasture?

Don't think they got it "handed" to them but... that was last year and I believe the post says favorite in A THIS year. I would think since the team that "handed" it to them last year moved to AA they would have to be one of the favorites in A THIS

year. :(