Clinton VS.Powell

thekidd0086

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Powell came to play Tuesday night and Clinton didnt. Thats all their is to this game. Although Powell has been the better team the both times they have played this season, after being to about every game the Dragons have had so far i still have a hard time believing that Powell is the better overall team. I will give credit where its due, Powell played hard like they wanted it and Clintond didnt show the intensity on defense as they normally do, Clintons defense is what generates the offense and they just didnt get that going last night. Powells guards did a good job of penetrating and kicking it out to the open man which hit the 3's. If just 1 or 2 of those 3's wouldnt have gone this game could have went the other way by way more than just the 6 points it would have been if they didnt hit, but they hit them and came away with a 3 point win. By the way as much as i hate to admit it i think other than one or 2 Clinton games this season i havent seen any team hit from behind the arch like that. As for the student section i dont agree with you, maybe the students were clapping for the girls player when she got up and walked off the court but i didnt see them clapping because of injury. I think the students actually chanted cry baby to Connor which was just banged up a little and wasnt seriously injured. But no one from Powell can say their student section was better last night because they had about a total of 5 people their. All this is doing Powell upsetting Clinton is just making for a better district tournament. Not only can the top 4 Powell, Halls, Clinton, and Oak Ridge all beat each other on any given night but this year you have the teams like West, Central, Karns, and Campbell Co. that can upset the top 4 teams on any night too. West has beaten quite a few of the bigger teams like Halls the other night, Central has beaten Powell and taken Clinton to OT, Karns has beaten Powell and taken Clinton to OT, and Campbell Co. only lost to powell by 2 and Oak Ridge by 5 i think. Who goes to region, no one knows yet. Im glad that i will be a part of the best District Tourney in the state of Tennessee IMO.

Powell came to play Tuesday night and Clinton didnt. Thats all their is to this game. Although Powell has been the better team the both times they have played this season, after being to about every game the Dragons have had so far i still have a hard time believing that Powell is the better overall team. I will give credit where its due, Powell played hard like they wanted it and Clintond didnt show the intensity on defense as they normally do, Clintons defense is what generates the offense and they just didnt get that going last night. Powells guards did a good job of penetrating and kicking it out to the open man which hit the 3's. If just 1 or 2 of those 3's wouldnt have gone this game could have went the other way by way more than just the 6 points it would have been if they didnt hit, but they hit them and came away with a 3 point win. By the way as much as i hate to admit it i think other than one or 2 Clinton games this season i havent seen any team hit from behind the arch like that. As for the student section i dont agree with you, maybe the students were clapping for the girls player when she got up and walked off the court but i didnt see them clapping because of injury. I think the students actually chanted cry baby to Connor which was just banged up a little and wasnt seriously injured. But no one from Powell can say their student section was better last night because they had about a total of 5 people their. All this is doing Powell upsetting Clinton is just making for a better district tournament. Not only can the top 4 Powell, Halls, Clinton, and Oak Ridge all beat each other on any given night but this year you have the teams like West, Central, Karns, and Campbell Co. that can upset the top 4 teams on any night too. West has beaten quite a few of the bigger teams like Halls the other night, Central has beaten Powell and taken Clinton to OT, Karns has beaten Powell and taken Clinton to OT, and Campbell Co. only lost to powell by 2 and Oak Ridge by 5 i think. Who goes to region, no one knows yet. Im glad that i will be a part of the best District Tourney in the state of Tennessee IMO.

Very well said...all around.

No what matters is who wins Region and Substate. Who will represent us in the state tournament. That is what matters. I could take a 0-14 district record if they are at the Murph when it counts.

Yeah, head to head matchup results are really over rated. Results on the courts and fields of play aren't all that important. All that's important is what delusional fans think. :thumb:

Powell[/url]Fan' post='825932596' date='Feb 9 2006 - 08:01 PM']

lol, i love clinton fans its actually very funny, IF you check my posts before the game i have alot of respect for clinton, i actually said they would winl, but i was wrong, I lost all my respect after that game with the student section

please, its high scool kids in a big game plus this is just me responding to yall

High school or not, you dont cheer when people get injured, theres a lot more people than me that saw it. Ohh well its over now, we are up 2-0 thats all that matters, Clinton probably doenst care if they dont have class or respect.

[/quote

whatever man we could go on forever, but the cheering thing ur making a much bigger deal of than it actually was. were any of them serious? NO. Nobody there wanted to see anybody seriously hurt.

At the girls game i saw nobody cheering when the girl went down. u probably have the same opinion so lets stop talking about class and just talk about Clinton and Powells bball teams or stop this thread completly