Who is the favorite in AA this year?

baseballplaya8

Wow, wish my tuition costs would go down if there is sooooo much money at this school. A few may have it, but not the majority....Anyways, back to your basic message. USJ lost a very athletic Senior Class last year. Add that to the forced multiplier this year and yes it has been a struggle somewhat in most sports except boys basketball. However, they have not added any players (one way or another) to this years baseball team. They have a very talented 8th grade group moving up that will add value in the next couple of years. As for how they do against the Ripleys, Covingtons, etc. they have always played those teams to get ready for the post season. This year it just means something else. Also, I note that you don't mention USJ playing Northside, JCM, Southside, etc. They have never shied away from them either and I believe they will play them this year as well if it can be scheduled. Personnally I look forward to watching their games against Milan this year. John White vs Clayton Gant or Spencer Nelson should be classic!!!

Yes, should be classic..milan has 7 returnin starters and a few sophmores that are lookin good and should add some pop in the line up..cant wait til march 13th when it all starts

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who were the top teams last year? Who else had to move up to AA?

didn't lipscomb win last year? pigeon forge was runner up? Will they be any good this year?

Pigeon Forge will be very good again this year. They return almost everybody except the CF and 3B. They have an excellent young sophmore pitcher in Bradley Helveston I think thats his name, and they probably have one of the best players in the state at any level in Tyelr Cannon. They have a solid nucleus of players around them and a very good coach. Look for the Tigers to be in the running as the state tourney gets close.

Yoakum

Pigeon Forge will be very good again this year. They return almost everybody except the CF and 3B. They have an excellent young sophmore pitcher in Bradley Helveston I think thats his name, and they probably have one of the best players in the state at any level in Tyelr Cannon. They have a solid nucleus of players around them and a very good coach. Look for the Tigers to be in the running as the state tourney gets close.

Yoakum

Bradley Harveston is his name. Hes a pretty good little ballplayer. Im good friends with him. Just thought id help out on the name :]

Pigeon Forge will be in alteast the top two or three in the state by the end of the year, if not state champs. Being from Unicoi we played them in the regional championship last year and they are as tough as they come. Tyler Cannon is one of the best solid "ballplayers" there is. I played with him at numerous showcaseslast year and the kid can flat out ball. Not to mention they were state runner ups and with that experience and thier great coach, they have high expectations , from me atleast !! good luck

Yoakum

Pigeon Forge is who beat Harpeth last year in state, Harpeth should be good as well they return 7 starters and should have a strong pitching staff as well. I think that Harpeth's catcher is one of the best in AA. They should be in the race as well.

Marshall County played Pigeon Forge last summer and they only lost 2 key players from what i was told and they were not that good...they were good at times and their catcher was very good!!! their pitching from what i saw was nothing outstanding...but i have not watched them play in high school ball..i hope they will be number two or three in the state because Marshall County should be very good this year, then!!!!! Good Luck on your upcoming season!!!!!!

Marshall County played Pigeon Forge last summer and they only lost 2 key players from what i was told and they were not that good...they were good at times and their catcher was very good!!! their pitching from what i saw was nothing outstanding...but i have not watched them play in high school ball..i hope they will be number two or three in the state because Marshall County should be very good this year, then!!!!! Good Luck on your upcoming season!!!!!!

didnt really understand your post are you talking about harpeth's pitching not being very good and their catcher being good, or are you talking about pigeon forge. Cuz they have some really good pitching in the soph. and cannon.

PF and Rutledge will have some big time battles this season for the District 2-AA title. Rutledge returns all but two from last year's squad that finished 27-8 including a 5-0 no-hitter against PF on the road in the regular season. The Pioneers have beefed up their schedule this season and will look to avoid last season's disappointment in the district tourney.