GREENEVILLE VS MO WEST Friday Feb. 10

jc1

I don't think you can say that Lynn Burkey showed a lack of discipline for not being able to control "the problem". I don't think Bob Knight could have had more control. I have never in all my life seen an attitude that bad that led to "the problem". As a matter of fact I think you have to say that Burkey did one of the greatest coaching jobs ever not letting it spread to the rest of the team. With a lesser coach "the problem" would have torn that team apart, he did a remarkable job keeping that team together. "The problem" makes TO look like a golden child. As for this years coach, I think it is a huge adjustment going from junior college assistant to high school head coach especially with parent situation at Greeneville. It has been a learning experience for her but she is doing a wonderful job of adjusting. She was lucky to have two talented, experienced, and level headed assistants to help with the adjustment. Both those assistants are good enough to be quality head coaches somewhere.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will agree there. I was not saying that he did not have any discipline. I do believe that Burkey is an excellent coach. I was just saying that there is a lot more that happened than "The Problem". There was all kind of rumors and you know how rumors are. I think for anyone to coach at greeneville and have a winning record with the parents it says a lot. Greeneville has probably the best kids in any school system. As long as the new coach works hard and keeps learning she will be an excellent head coach anywhere. The two assistants are very excellent people and coaches. They all do an excellent job of leading those young ladies.

Congratulations Coach on a 22 and 4 record and a share of the IMAC title

WOW DEVIL fans look who our four losses have been against: Heritage with Cait,

Prairie View (Nationally ranked at time), Webb (Coach in Ok, dad on death bed), and West (Against a veteran team and Coach).

Were a young team, with a freshman star. A coach who has had less than half year to put in her system Again, Congratulations Lady Devils for your accomplishments against many odds. :thumb:

Congratulations Coach on a 22 and 4 record and a share of the IMAC title

WOW DEVIL fans look who our four losses have been against: Heritage with Cait,

Prairie View (Nationally ranked at time), Webb (Coach in Ok, dad on death bed), and West (Against a veteran team and Coach).

Were a young team, with a freshman star. A coach who has had less than half year to put in her system Again, Congratulations Lady Devils for your accomplishments against many odds. :thumb:

Dont know whats more improbable

The Lady Devils beating West by 21

OR

The Trojans beating Greeneville in boys.

The Greeneville girls looked like a totally different team than the one that played at Morristown West. On the defensive end of the floor they were tremendous tonight. Hats off to the coaching staff for getting these girls focused on this game and hats off to the players for working their rear ends off on the floor tonight. I am sure West will be ready when the district tourney starts but tonight the Lady Devils were the better team. Good job ladies.

What a joke. You talk about "the problem" like everyone knows about it and then we don't want to mention names. Can we not be creative enough to talk about it without mentioning names? Who are you fooling? Sorry for my being so stupid and bringing it up. I should have known we were talking about high school kids. Duh!!!!!!!!