Girl in Alaska wins state tourney

stovepipe

Well, there must be a reason that girls do not have an equal in HS. But, why can't you just answer the question? If a female basketball player wants to play with the boys basketball team, should they be allowed to? It might fit the "brave" criteria and teach boys how to compete in the business world later in life,,,,all the things being said about letting girls wrestle boys.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, there must be a reason that girls do not have an equal in HS. But, why can't you just answer the question? If a female basketball player wants to play with the boys basketball team, should they be allowed to? It might fit the "brave" criteria and teach boys how to compete in the business world later in life,,,,all the things being said about letting girls wrestle boys.

Because she alreay has a basketball team that she can play on. SHE DOES NOT HAVE A WRESTLING TEAM TO WRESTLE ON. If she did not have a girls basketball team then I would be in favor of her playing with the guys untill one could be established. Just like girls should wrestle with guys untill a girls division is established.

I agree 100% with you. The last line of my argument was a criticism of parents who allow or, worse yet, encourage their daughters to wrestle boys. As I said, it's just plain old perverted.

The only thing that makes the idea perverse are the people who think that it is perverted. I have seen many young men wrestle girls and have had a couple girls wrestle boys. Never had they themselves felt or thought that the idea was perverse. As I said before, I would definitely allow my daughters to wrestle if they so desired to. I will not pressure them too nor will I discourage it. My only fear if they choose to wrestle is that ignorant people will portray her pursuit for gold as a perverted act. I think this thread should end and we should just agree to disagree on this topic. The bottom line is that girls will wrestle and there is little that will or can be done to stop it.

Tex, I have seen on ESPN (maybe on Outside the Lines) where there was a girl who was a starter on the boys team. I guess that's OK with everyone but what about the boys who were cut from that team shouldn't they be aloud to try out for the girls team if they wanted too?

Because she alreay has a basketball team that she can play on. SHE DOES NOT HAVE A WRESTLING TEAM TO WRESTLE ON. If she did not have a girls basketball team then I would be in favor of her playing with the guys untill one could be established. Just like girls should wrestle with guys untill a girls division is established.

But what if she wants to challenge herself and be brave? And what about the part of preparing the guys for biz life and female competiton? Does that mean that boy basketball players are less likely to be prepared for later life (biz life)?

The school gets to say NO to a girl if there is a team available to play on, can the same school say NO if there is not a team?

on the other post, I do agree that there is nothing perverse about a girl wrestling. She should have her own team and league or find a sport that does.

Gee, thank you for that clarification. Whenever someone precedes a comment with "with all due respect", little will be given. I generally write assuming that most of us on this board have IQ's several degrees above room temperature. I'm sure there is a point somewhere in your response but I'll leave it to someone else to determine what it is. And thank you so much for correcting my spelling. Mrs. Jones, my fifth grade teacher, would be very very proud of you.

You know what? How about this. FEMALES ARE ALLOWED TO WRESTLE. And guessw what? there isn't a whole lot you can do about it, now is there? NO. So, you know what, just get over it. I am tired of trying to prove my point to you, I really am. ANd it's senseless for me to argue this because guess what, I get the honor of being on the boys wrestlng team, so I guess I pretty much win anyway. YOu can whine like a little baby all you want, but while you are doing so, I will be on a mat, wrestling boys, for all to see. :)

girls don't belong on a mat Period. If the the girl is truly messed up to actually want to wrestle, then she should wrestle any other girls that are just as crazy as herself. you see some daughters of coaches that go to the wrestling matches to supprt the team, but none have actually wrestled, because they have enough respect for the sport to leave it to the guys (as it should be).

I am more than happy to wrestle a girl who wants to challenge me, and until then, guess what, I will be wrestling. I love the sport, and respect it, so I go out and wrestle my butt off just like a boy would do. Keep crying along with Takedown, because there is NOTHING you can do to change it. I am gonna keep on wrestling, with the boys. :)

I am more than happy to wrestle a girl who wants to challenge me, and until then, guess what, I will be wrestling. I love the sport, and respect it, so I go out and wrestle my butt off just like a boy would do. Keep crying along with Takedown, because there is NOTHING you can do to change it. I am gonna keep on wrestling, with the boys. :thumb:

YOU GO GIRL