Is John Overton High School GOing to state?

CutePbaBowler

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must of seen them play this fall too? The group of guys they had this fall was pretty much their team I understand and when Goodenow did not pitch they looked like an average JV team. I hope they can pull things together this spring.

Once agian you are wrong. There team was mainly full of sophomores and juniors, and were missing many key players due to football. Not to mention they never practiced. Also if i remeber correctly richie only threw about twice. They were mainly letting younger guys throw and get the in game experince they need. So willl you people please get your get your information correct before you start making conclusion.

The game I saw them play this fall. All but two of their projected starters were in the game. One of their returning starting seniors hurt his leg playing football for sure and a few juniors (played football) that did not play much last year were playing on the football team but the other returning guys were playing. Those are the facts.

They will be better than in the fall no doubt because they have a good coaching staff, but with the middle infielders, leftfielder, centerfielder and thirdman they are having to replace, repeating will take a lot of luck and a lot of good fortune. They are not anywhere close to as good as they were last year. To repeat with their pitching IMO they are going to have to strikeout everybody they face.

I know that a fall baseball schedule doesn't equal exactly what's going to happen in the spring but I can assure you that if they do repeat going to the State playoffs in 06 there will be a lot of parents and coaches from the Overton team that will be very surprised, because they know it will take a miracle.

Ravenwood will most likely win district 11aaa.

well I'm gonna go ahead and say Overton is not the same team that they were last year. I am also going to say that Overton is still a very strong team. With the fab 4 returning and a strong crop of juniors and seniors who have been itching for their time to play. If the group of people who are going to step in for the '05 seniors play up to their potential nobody in their district will touch them. Now duplicating what they did last year will not happen but i think everyone is highly underestimating the 2006 Bobcats and they will shut some people up once the season starts......that is if they play the way they are capable of playing and not falling apart

I perdict that Ravenwood beats Overton everytime they play this year. And the margin will be big. Ravenwood's pitching is just as good as anyones in the district. Ravenwood will walk through the district.

Who are You!!! You obviosly don't know what you are talking about. You are dumb!

Ravenwood is good, but they are going to beat Overton big. In your Dreams. Overton has a very good lineup. Goodenow , Vernon, Sutherland all hit over .400 last year and Hudson was not far behind! Ravenwood has Kole in the lineup anyone else is not even close to the fab 4. Overton also has a better Pitching staff with Goodenow, Sutherland, Hudson, and Johnson. Are you telling me that they are going to rock Goodenow everytime he pitches against them. Nothing will change in that perspective. Goodenow always dominates Ravenwood period!!!!!!!

There is no way that Overton will come close to winning state this year.. they lost to many great players and they dont have the same talent to refill those spots.. I saw them play Smyrna friday and Overton pitched Goodnow the 1st 2 innings and Smyrna actually hit him ok.. and if they hit Goodnow im shore they could hit any of the other pitchers... 06 team is no where as good as 05!!!

I am the same guy that predicted Overton would walk through the 11th district last year in 05. I have nothing against anyone of the teams in the 11th district, but Overton has good a pitching staff of one. He may be the best pitcher when healthy in Middle Tennessee but he can't pitch every game.

How many games did they play this weekend and how many did Overton come close to winning? I know that these games are 5 inning games that mean nothing but they are a snapshot of what could be in 06. IMO there pitchers could throw 25% more pitches than last year and that could spell sore arms and less quality starts.

Ravenwood has more depth than Overton and they play harder than Overton does. They have 4 good young pitchers and senior pitcher Cole can pitch with anyone. They have a better hitting team than Overton and that isn't saying much. Qverton doesn't have 9 solid sticks like last year. You had to pitch to every hitter last year that came to the plate. That's not the case this year. Good teams will see that and IMO I think that Overton will lose every game agains Ravenwood this year.

Who are You!!! You obviosly don't know what you are talking about. You are dumb!

Ravenwood is good, but they are going to beat Overton big. In your Dreams. Overton has a very good lineup. Goodenow , Vernon, Sutherland all hit over .400 last year and Hudson was not far behind! Ravenwood has Kole in the lineup anyone else is not even close to the fab 4. Overton also has a better Pitching staff with Goodenow, Sutherland, Hudson, and Johnson. Are you telling me that they are going to rock Goodenow everytime he pitches against them. Nothing will change in that perspective. Goodenow always dominates Ravenwood period!!!!!!!

The 2007 class @ Ravenwood could be as good as the 2005 class that Overton had or even better. Ravenwood has Bottoms & Francescon that may end up playing in the SEC along with 3 or 4 others that may be able to sign with D2,D3, or Juco schools. Don't count Ravenwood out they will be very solid.

Edited by cbg