Baylor Hires new coach

gridiron13

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. I wonder if he was their first choice. Was he the offensive coordinator at MUS? What kind of impact will this have on MUS?

I seriously doubt that he was their first choice. Rumor is that alot of people were afraid to take the job after what went down with the last coach. Is this really an upgrade from the last coaching staff?

Edited by THELEGEND

Coach Massey was probably one of the top assistant coaches in the state of tennessee. After coming from his head coaching job in brownsville, he came to coach an offense to back to back state titles. so i believe he will do an incredible job, and even though im an mus student i wish him the best of luck. he will be strongly missed

Too bad he wasn't there this past season, wonder what he could have done with an All-American lineman, four other players that signed 1-AA and a big junior running back who already has SEC offers?

What exactly is that supposed to mean. I'm sure that Massey is an excellent coach. But Bibee got the most he could out of his players. When his assistant coach refuses to play the All-American on the offensive line and also won't play a returning All-State player on the offensive line (Matt Williams) you can't blame it on the head coach. Yeah you can say that the head coach has final say, but if the assistant doesn't give the better player any reps in practice then the better player doesn't know what to do. I bet Massey would have done a great job with Baylor this season but it wouldn't have been any better than what Bibee did.

The signing of Coach Massey also means that Baylor will get his son. An All-State honorable mention back from MUS that will definately help Baylor.

Must not be a very good leader if his assistants won't listen to him. I think if I am in charge and tell an assistant to play a player they better be getting reps or we will have a coaching vacancy. That sounds like a cop out to me.

Ole Dad

What exactly is that supposed to mean. I'm sure that Massey is an excellent coach. But Bibee got the most he could out of his players. When his assistant coach refuses to play the All-American on the offensive line and also won't play a returning All-State player on the offensive line (Matt Williams) you can't blame it on the head coach. Yeah you can say that the head coach has final say, but if the assistant doesn't give the better player any reps in practice then the better player doesn't know what to do. I bet Massey would have done a great job with Baylor this season but it wouldn't have been any better than what Bibee did.

The signing of Coach Massey also means that Baylor will get his son. An All-State honorable mention back from MUS that will definately help Baylor.

Must not be a very good leader if his assistants won't listen to him. I think if I am in charge and tell an assistant to play a player they better be getting reps or we will have a coaching vacancy. That sounds like a cop out to me.

Ole Dad

I'll have to agree on this one. Stand up and be the head coach and tell the asst. what is best. If he don't like, he can go get another job.