7AA First team

stuntwoman

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I believe everyone saw what they needed to see tonight. Although Cates didn't light it up, he still lead his team to a victory. He "EARNED" tourney MVP. I also think that Monday deserved a part of that. Way to go guys. Great game. Chase Dunn played great also.

Congrats to Stinson and the Tigers for winning their game.

Also, congrats to the "coach of the year" on his 4th place finish. :thumb:

Edited by The General

Well, I believe everyone saw what they needed to see tonight. Although Cates didn't light it up, he still lead his team to a victory. He "EARNED" tourney MVP. I also think that Monday deserved a part of that. Way to go guys. Great game. Chase Dunn played great also.

Congrats to Stinson and the Tigers for winning their game.

Also, congrats to the "coach of the year" on his 4th place finish. :thumb:

General I think that Cates is a valuable part of our team and we are very fortunate to have him. But I thought Monday deserved the MVP more than anybody. Justin scored 22 and 10 out of 10 from the free throw line. And he only played what seemed to be half the game. And he carried us the first quarter. Now I'm not trying to get nothing started but Justin has played good all year and without him we might not be where we are today. I know it's not about individual stats but I thought I should give Justin his props. He just plays at a good level pace and you don't realize just what he does for our team. I guess b/c he makes it look so easy I don't know.

Dunn needs to be on the floor somewhere b/c he is without a doubt one of the best freshmen to play at LA. I thought he deserved all tournament as well. But he has a bright future ahead of him and his time is coming.

I hope our boys can keep it going and take it to Goodpasture next week.

COACH OF THE YEAR----DANNY MCCOIN---HE PUT THIS TEAM TOGETHER-----COACH MELTON SHOULD THINK HIM EVERYDAY. I BET HE DOES, I UNDERSTAND THEY ARE GOOD FRIENDS. THAT IS THE WAY IT SHOULD BE.

McCoin - Wilson Cates, Tyler Smith, Lance Ruble, Tyler Livingston, Main ones that McCoin had something to do with.

Melton - Brandon Matthews, Tyson Stover, Justin Monday, Chase Dunn, Devin Ramsey, Jeremy McLearran, Todd Smith, Main ones that Melton had MOST to do with.

Look's to me like there is no contest for who "built" this team. Melton has 3 starters that he had most everything to do with and almost all the bench players, besides 2. McCoin had something to do with two players, and 2 coming off the bench. Bottom line is Richard Melton has been putting consistent players in that high school since 2001, the only thing is Danny McCoin could never do anything with them. My opinion, NO, look back at how many times they have made it out of the region tournament, I bet that is a really small number, and there is no guarantee that they will this year, but with as much talent as they have now, they will be TOUGH from now on, for several years anyways. Melton is an AWESOME coach, and has been putting this team together for years in hopes of them getting to the state tournament, now he got them the players, and they still could NOT get it done, so they had to move him in to coach them all, too. He will get it done eventually, and it very well could be this year. Congratulations to Coach Melton, and the LA Wildcats on an extraordinary year. Good Luck in the Regional Tournaments, and prove all those wrong who doubt that you can make it. GO HOG-EYE.

McCoin - Wilson Cates, Tyler Smith, Lance Ruble, Tyler Livingston, Main ones that McCoin had something to do with.

Melton - Brandon Matthews, Tyson Stover, Justin Monday, Chase Dunn, Devin Ramsey, Jeremy McLearran, Todd Smith, Main ones that Melton had MOST to do with.

Look's to me like there is no contest for who "built" this team. Melton has 3 starters that he had most everything to do with and almost all the bench players, besides 2. McCoin had something to do with two players, and 2 coming off the bench. Bottom line is Richard Melton has been putting consistent players in that high school since 2001, the only thing is Danny McCoin could never do anything with them. My opinion, NO, look back at how many times they have made it out of the region tournament, I bet that is a really small number, and there is no guarantee that they will this year, but with as much talent as they have now, they will be TOUGH from now on, for several years anyways. Melton is an AWESOME coach, and has been putting this team together for years in hopes of them getting to the state tournament, now he got them the players, and they still could NOT get it done, so they had to move him in to coach them all, too. He will get it done eventually, and it very well could be this year. Congratulations to Coach Melton, and the LA Wildcats on an extraordinary year. Good Luck in the Regional Tournaments, and prove all those wrong who doubt that you can make it. GO HOG-EYE.

Is someone sour because he and he cousin couldnt cut it at LA and had to move to Celina??? :D

Oh, yeah that's exactly it. I am going to assume you are talking about Casey Ferrell, who is averaging more right now than about anyone at LA, maybe with the exception of Justin Monday. That was one of the most unintelligent posts I think I have ever seen, state the facts and get bashed, but that's OK, I get it. McCoin made a lot of people happy at LA, people that probably would not have been playing otherwise, and I GUARANTEE you one thing. If Casey was at LA this year, he would probably be starting, and would be playing SIGNIFICANT minutes at very least. A lot of players at LA should be glad he moved, because that's a lot of minutes they would not get to see the floor on, too bad that the past several years the team has not been picked on the best players, nor have the best players always played. But, then again it has been like that at LA for many years, in lots of sports, and is no surprise to see the BIG NAMES play, whether they are good enough to play or not. Typical politics, and typical Livingston. Good Luck to the Cats in the region tourney, hope they can make state, regardless of someone's idiotic comments.

All them players you just named that richard has had something to do with was all in middleschool and he coached middleschool up until last year just because danny mccoin wasnt coaching middle school last year is the only reason he doesnt have just as many i mean seriously i have no problem with neither one of them but you gotta think richard has been in middle school basketball no wonder he has coached more!! Talk about unintelligent that is unintelligent

Edited by livingstonfreak

All them players you just named that richard has had something to do with was all in middleschool and he coached middleschool up until last year just because danny mccoin wasnt coaching middle school last year is the only reason he doesnt have just as many i mean seriously i have no problem with neither one of them but you gotta think richard has been in middle school basketball no wonder he has coached more!! Talk about unintelligent that is unintelligent

LOL. I don't really have a problem with either of them either. I simply stated the facts. Did McCoin not coach Cates, etc at LMS not too many years ago. I think he did, but I would not swear to that. As far as Richard coaching more of them in middle school, he only coached at Allons, McCoin has been picking people from 3 schools in Overton County for the last several years as LA coach, and there has been all kinds of talent at that school, and unfortunately, lots of talent that has went unnoticed. Most people that think and know that talent has went through there un noticed have also stated that it is in large part to politics in overton Co. and everyone that knows Livingston knows how big a part that plays. As far as McCoin building the team, the next couple of years will go on to show that I am right when I say Melton built this team, because LA will continue to improve with every game, and will continue to improve for years to come with Coach melton at LA. He will take that basketball team places they have never been, just give him time. He is a great coach, and in a couple of years, everyone is going to know that I was correct that he was building GREAT teams all alone, and he now HE has the chance to get them where they should have been already, and will be in the future, the State Tournament. good Luck LA in the regions, and hopefully far after that.

LOL. I don't really have a problem with either of them either. I simply stated the facts. Did McCoin not coach Cates, etc at LMS not too many years ago. I think he did, but I would not swear to that. As far as Richard coaching more of them in middle school, he only coached at Allons, McCoin has been picking people from 3 schools in Overton County for the last several years as LA coach, and there has been all kinds of talent at that school, and unfortunately, lots of talent that has went unnoticed. Most people that think and know that talent has went through there un noticed have also stated that it is in large part to politics in overton Co. and everyone that knows Livingston knows how big a part that plays. As far as McCoin building the team, the next couple of years will go on to show that I am right when I say Melton built this team, because LA will continue to improve with every game, and will continue to improve for years to come with Coach melton at LA. He will take that basketball team places they have never been, just give him time. He is a great coach, and in a couple of years, everyone is going to know that I was correct that he was building GREAT teams all alone, and he now HE has the chance to get them where they should have been already, and will be in the future, the State Tournament. good Luck LA in the regions, and hopefully far after that.

I've been hearing this "Politics" thing since I was in school and although it may be true to a very small extent, here is my take on it. When you asked some of the guys who were pretty good players why they were not on the team, you usually heard "coach Vaughn wouldn't let me play". ( Yeah, I'm that old!) When in reality most of these guys were unwilling to abide by his strict rules. Don't know how it has been lately but that's how it was then, and we did pretty well without them! If you will look back a few years, we have been in the state a few times! I've seen quite a few players without political clout do very well at LA!