7AA First team

stuntwoman

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WoW, that's why he did not get it. He always says if he is down by 20-25 points he is not out of the game, and tells everyone he does not believe the other team is if they are only down by 20 (Celina game is a perfect example). As far as him getting loved by the other coaches, I guarantee you that he could care less whether they love or hate him, no wait, actually he would rather them hate him. He loves to be hated, that's what happens when you are good. Many great sports figures are hated because they are good. Richard Melton has done a great job this season, and knows in his own mind that he is the coach of the year, not like awards actually matter to him, there is only one award that matters to him. It is called a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP. Look for that in the next few years at the latest. LA will be tops in this district for a LONG time to come, may as well get ready for it, and he Coach Melton would be honored to know that for the next few winning years at LA he will not get coach of the year because he is not everyone's favorite. Boy I bet that really bothers him. Lol. Good job coach Melton and good luck in the tourneys.

Come on Pay4Fun.....

If you really believe that LA didn't run up the score in a few games...I've got some Ocean Front property on Dale Hollow lake that I will sell you... (perfect for long walks)

Does it make it right that other Coaches may have looked at that unfavorably...I don't know ??

Does Coach Melton care if he didn't get the COY honors??? I don't know..

You are asking why he didn't get it and I'm just throwing some facts at you of the possibilities.

He ran the table in the district, no denying that fact. He also has a team loaded with talent.... Did he do a better coaching job than everyone else in the district?

I don't know...but the 7AA coaches thought he didn't for some reason.

I don't have a horse in the race, but two questions. How does one missing ballot change both Coach of the year and MVP honors? :thumb: How does a team that is sub .500 get coach of the year? They even lost to some sub .500 single A teams. One thing Dekalb is good at, and that is politics. They can manipulate with the best. Funny how some things are always clearcut, but yet we can complicate them to make them headlines.

If I were any of the 7AA coaches I would be more than a little embarrassed to have voted a coach with an overall losing record as a coach of the year. What merits a good coach? Looks like if another coach could lead his team to victories over all of the teams in the district, reguardless of the scores, you would have to admit he was the best. Sounds childless, unprofessional, and down right dirty not to vote that way. By the way, who caught the mistake in the vote tally? Could it be that some of the coaches put their heads together before the meeting and had the winners already planned out? Rumor is that it was a coach who later questioned the results. (i.e. Dekalb Co.?) How could they have known that the results weren't correct? If the voting is done secretly how else would anyone know that Coach Melton didn't have the votes? And who would question it???

Come on Pay4Fun.....

If you really believe that LA didn't run up the score in a few games...I've got some Ocean Front property on Dale Hollow lake that I will sell you... (perfect for long walks)

Does it make it right that other Coaches may have looked at that unfavorably...I don't know ??

You are asking why he didn't get it and I'm just throwing some facts at you of the possibilities.

He ran the table in the district, no denying that fact. He also has a team loaded with talent.... Did he do a better coaching job than everyone else in the district?

Are you saying you could have won the games LA did this year if you were the coach. Well now that don't speak to well of coach Melton does it. Like you said LA beat everybody fairly easy guess that's why. Well the district better get used to it b/c I expect LA will definitely be the team to beat the next few years.

BTW just b/c we get a big lead coach is supposed to call the dogs off don't think so. I believe coach learned his lesson against York. We jumped out to a big lead and he tried to let everybody play and it almost came back to haunt us. Might as well get used to a hard fought game or a blow-out by the Cats.

Edited by Rocking Chair

How do coach Melton's players get so good? Yeah, some are talented athletes but it takes a great coach to bring it out of a kid. You also have to know who can do what, when you need them, how to use them etc. Didn't several of these players play for Coach Melton during their elementary years? Maybe he deserves a little credit for some of the talent there.

Come on Pay4Fun.....

Facts, huh. I got this one off coacht. LA won district games by an average of 18 points. In some opinions, that is ruthless I'm sure. Some may think it's just right. Some may think it's not good enough. How classy would it be to vote against someone because of a final score? 'not saying its right or wrong' Goldwaith, 'just making an observation.'

LA's "loaded with talent team" returned one starter from last year. That is also a fact.

Here's another fact, not an opinion.

LA IS PUMPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by madisonsquaregarden

Facts, huh. I got this one off coacht. LA won district games by an average of 18 points. In some opinions, that is ruthless I'm sure. Some may think it's just right. Some may think it's not good enough. How classy would it be to vote against someone because of a final score? 'not saying its right or wrong' Goldwaith, 'just making an observation.'

LA's "loaded with talent team" returned one starter from last year. That is also a fact.

Here's another fact, not an opinion.

LA IS PUMPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it's a disgrace coach Melton got shafted by his peers.I like coach Martin

but I believe he would tell you his season was a disapointment for Dekalb co. None hates to loose to LA MORE THAN ME but their team and fans are some of the best. The MVP should have been from LA. not a team that finished not being a

contender.Since JC is no longer in LA's district I am a unbiased JC fan that can

see right from wrong.

Being from the Sivlerpoint area, I know Coach Martin and Coach McWIlliams pretty good. I know for a fact that Martin believes what everyone else has stated that Coach Melton should have been coach of the year without question. The coach in question was Macons coach wondering why Stinson was not MVP or why he wasnt voted higher. This seemed to bring about the questions. Thats the facts i got from the people from Baxter. Cates is the best no doubt about. Great player and person and definitely the glue to the team. N2Deep that is where all the questions came from. Just clearing things up. Melton is a heck of a coach that did an outstanding job in his first year. Definitely the cream of the district. Livingston will go has far as they want to. The lady at the paper is the one that misplaced the ballot and that is the reason for all confusion but would not have been noticed if the coach had not been inquiring about his player in question. Stinson is great but everyone would love to have Wilson Cates.

How do coach Melton's players get so good? Yeah, some are talented athletes but it takes a great coach to bring it out of a kid. You also have to know who can do what, when you need them, how to use them etc. Didn't several of these players play for Coach Melton during their elementary years? Maybe he deserves a little credit for some of the talent there.

Actually, he deserves ALOT of credit for most of those there. Brandon Matthews, Chase Dunn, Justin Monday, Devan Ramsey, Jeremy McLerrean, Todd Smith, and that is just to name the ones that I remember right off the top of my head. You can definitely tell which ones he has had the oppurtunity to work with. They are the ones that play most of the minutes, and after this year, they will play almost ALL the minutes, and DOMINATION is on its way to Livingston and that district is in big trouble for a few years. Congratulations to Livingston Academy and Coach Melton, the TRUE Coach of the Year.

Being from the Sivlerpoint area, I know Coach Martin and Coach McWIlliams pretty good. I know for a fact that Martin believes what everyone else has stated that Coach Melton should have been coach of the year without question. The coach in question was Macons coach wondering why Stinson was not MVP or why he wasnt voted higher. This seemed to bring about the questions. Thats the facts i got from the people from Baxter. Cates is the best no doubt about. Great player and person and definitely the glue to the team. N2Deep that is where all the questions came from. Just clearing things up. Melton is a heck of a coach that did an outstanding job in his first year. Definitely the cream of the district. Livingston will go has far as they want to. The lady at the paper is the one that misplaced the ballot and that is the reason for all confusion but would not have been noticed if the coach had not been inquiring about his player in question. Stinson is great but everyone would love to have Wilson Cates.

So Stinson won fair and square. That's good. No one should criticize the coach for questioning the results. The player with the most votes won the award and that is the way it should be. Every coach cast a ballot and every vote was counted. Congrats to Stinson and Martin