7AA First team

stuntwoman

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard the news myself that something strange happened with the results. Coach Melton was voted in as coach of the year and then it was given to someone else. I was not there so I have no opinion on that. But I definitely think that he deserves this honor. Like someone said this is his first year at the hs level and to lead a team to a undefeated season in the district speaks for it self. A no brainer for me. Also look at the quality wins and near wins against some of the best teams in the state. Congrats coach on a good season hope the Cats can continue right on to the state.

Also heard that Wilson Cates was voted as the MVP and later it was given to someone else. Wilson no doubt is the main cog in our teams success this year. And yes he is the glue that holds this team together but I think Justin Monday is also one of our best players this year. If Cates gets into foul trouble or any other of our players coach Melton has the luxury of just using the bench that is one of the strongest anywhere. But when Monday gets into foul trouble which has been often the last few games. The Cats don't have ANYBODY that can come in and do what Justin does. It makes our team weaker when he is not in the line up. Justin averages around 15 pts a game and brings in around 10 rebounds a game.

That to me sports fans is what I consider the MVP in 7 AA district.

Let's go LA get geared up and roll into the region as the #1 team out of 7AA :unsure:

Edited by Rocking Chair

Just heard the news myself that something strange happened with the results. Coach Melton was voted in as coach of the year and then it was given to someone else. I was not there so I have no opinion on that. But I definitely think that he deserves this honor. Like someone said this is his first year at the hs level and to lead a team to a undefeated season in the district speaks for it self. A no brainer for me. Also look at the quality wins and near wins against some of the best teams in the state. Congrats coach on a good season hope the Cats can continue right on to the state.

Also heard that Wilson Cates was voted as the MVP and later it was given to someone else. Wilson no doubt is the main cog in our teams success this year. And yes he is the glue that holds this team together but I think Justin Monday is also one of our best players this year. If Cates gets into foul trouble or any other of our players coach Melton has the luxury of just using the bench that is one of the strongest anywhere. But when Monday gets into foul trouble which has been often the last few games. The Cats don't have ANYBODY that can come in and do what Justin does. It makes our team weaker when he is not in the line up. Justin averages around 15 pts a game and brings in around 10 rebounds a game.

That to me sports fans is what I consider the MVP in 7 AA district.

Let's go LA get geared up and roll into the region as the #1 team out of 7AA :thumb:

You may want to choose different words. My understanding is not that Cates and Melton won and then it was given elsewhere. The story I got is that DeKalb's coach and Stinson won and it was given to Cates and Melton by mistake. Then corrected to give the awards to those who actually won. You may argue the wrong people won,but as far as I know the corrections are the way it voted out.

I think Rocking Chair is right. The votes came in and Melton and Cates were said to have won. Someone said they left a ballot out, then when they counted that ballot it changed the outcome.. (thats the way I took it)

It doesn't really matter though. LA is proud of all of its players and coaches this year. We hope to continue the momentum into the post season. Justin Monday has had a great season. Coach Melton has done a tremendous job. I would rather have a team championship trophy than an individual one any day of the week.

You may want to choose different words. My understanding is not that Cates and Melton won and then it was given elsewhere. The story I got is that DeKalb's coach and Stinson won and it was given to Cates and Melton by mistake. Then corrected to give the awards to those who actually won. You may argue the wrong people won,but as far as I know the corrections are the way it voted out.

Like I said I was told that Melton and Cates took the awards apparently that was not the case. It seems you know more than anybody else. Did you attend the district meeting ?

As far as who should have one. I think it's a joke if Melton and Cates didn't win. But that's ok. The Cats just need to keep their focus and roll thru the tournament just like they did in the regular season. Everything else will take care of itself. I'm sure coach Melton won't lose any sleep b/c he didn't win the award voted on by his peers. He IMO would rather have the district championship than finishing 4th or 5th or where ever and being coach of the year.

As for Wilson Cates I'm sure he feels the same way. I know this... put him on any team in the district and their record would vastly improve. I hope he can close out his career in bball in a big way.

Just keep focused LA and take it to em in the tournament.

Like I said I was told that Melton and Cates took the awards apparently that was not the case. It seems you know more than anybody else. Did you attend the district meeting ?

As far as who should have one. I think it's a joke if Melton and Cates didn't win. But that's ok. The Cats just need to keep their focus and roll thru the tournament just like they did in the regular season. Everything else will take care of itself. I'm sure coach Melton won't lose any sleep b/c he didn't win the award voted on by his peers. He IMO would rather have the district championship than finishing 4th or 5th or where ever and being coach of the year.

As for Wilson Cates I'm sure he feels the same way. I know this... put him on any team in the district and their record would vastly improve. I hope he can close out his career in bball in a big way.

Just keep focused LA and take it to em in the tournament.

I think Martin should have got Coach of the Year, after all he did lead his team to an undefeated season in the district. No wait a minute, that would be Coach Melton but Stinson did lead his team to an undefeated season in the district. Hold on, that would be Cates that did that, I'm confused. :thumb:

Stinson should get MVP. That kid is a player :thumb:

I agree that Colby Stinson is a great player, and is also a really great person, but there is no way that someone from Livingston Academy did not win the MVP award. NO WAY.

stuntwoman, how could that possibly be? They vote one way and give it to someone else, something is definitely fishy there??? There is no way possible that everyone from Livingston Academy did not get the major awards.

If Coach Melton did not get the Coach of the Year award, which he seemingly did not, something is wrong. I mean for someone to go undefeated in District play in a weak district is fairly good accomplishment, much less to go undefeated in a decent district. MVP and Coach award has to go to Livingston, unless there were two undefeated teams, which cannot be.

Oh well, LA will shake that off, Coach Melton probably does not care, but everyone in the district better be aware of the fact that he WILL make sure his players get the respect they deserve in the tournaments. If LA has to drill everyone in the ground, which they seemed to have done thus far this year, they will in order to win the district and get the awards they rightly deserve, and set themselves up for an easier road in Region play. If LA goes into the Region Tourney and plays ball, there should be a sub-state game coming to Livingston this year, and they should make it to the State tourney. If they make it to the region finals and lose however, they have a LONG shot to get into state, but I am definitely pulling for them. Good Luck to the Cats in the Tourney, get in there and get those awards that are rightfully yours. Also, Congrats to Coach Melton on an AWESOME season, and probably the best one that has come to Livingston since he stopped playing there. Good luck.

Simply put...

Stinson is the most valuable player....take him away from that team and they are probablly the bottom team in the league (no Disrespect intended for the MC Tigers)

Sure....Livingston has a nice group of kids but if you take one or two away from that team...they are still a really good team.

Stinson puts his team on his back night after night and has single handedly put some wins together for Macon.

Stinson deserves the award !

If LA has to drill everyone in the ground, which they seemed to have done thus far this year, they will in order to win the district and get the awards they rightly deserve, and set themselves up for an easier road in Region play.

Ever think this may be why Melton didn't get Coach of the year honors ?

Starters in ...up by 30 with two minutes to go in the game doesen't get you a whole lot of love from the other coaches in the district.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong...simply making an observation.

Simply put...

Stinson is the most valuable player....take him away from that team and they are probablly the bottom team in the league (no Disrespect intended for the MC Tigers)

Sure....Livingston has a nice group of kids but if you take one or two away from that team...they are still a really good team.

Stinson puts his team on his back night after night and has single handedly put some wins together for Macon.

Stinson deserves the award !

I disagree completely. I like Colby Stinson and all, but he did not deserve this award over someone from LA. Yeah, that may be true about they would still be good and all that if some of there players were gone, but that does not make Colby deservant of the award. He may carry his team to some wins, but he NEVER carried them to one over LA, no one in the district did. But, that makes sense I guess, I bet Dekalb Counties coach deserved it, I bet he carried the whole team on his back to huh? Get real, LA is the better team with the better players, and should have gotten both these awards.

Ever think this may be why Melton didn't get Coach of the year honors ?

Starters in ...up by 30 with two minutes to go in the game doesen't get you a whole lot of love from the other coaches in the district.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong...simply making an observation.

WoW, that's why he did not get it. He always says if he is down by 20-25 points he is not out of the game, and tells everyone he does not believe the other team is if they are only down by 20 (Celina game is a perfect example). As far as him getting loved by the other coaches, I guarantee you that he could care less whether they love or hate him, no wait, actually he would rather them hate him. He loves to be hated, that's what happens when you are good. Many great sports figures are hated because they are good. Richard Melton has done a great job this season, and knows in his own mind that he is the coach of the year, not like awards actually matter to him, there is only one award that matters to him. It is called a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP. Look for that in the next few years at the latest. LA will be tops in this district for a LONG time to come, may as well get ready for it, and he Coach Melton would be honored to know that for the next few winning years at LA he will not get coach of the year because he is not everyone's favorite. Boy I bet that really bothers him. Lol. Good job coach Melton and good luck in the tourneys.