scrimmages

timbdp

These are some of the scores from Eurosportscoreboard.com, just the ones that i think involve decent teams.

Ooltewah 0-0 Cleveland

Centennial 2-0 PJPII

Hendersonville 1-1 Rossview

MLK 3-3 Beech

Ooltewah 1-2 Father Ryan

Also, it has Clarksville playing Blackman and Smyrna today. Any info. would be appreciated.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have any more details than that?

They played three 30 minute halves. FRA controlled controlled the middle of the field for the most part. Columbia couldn't seem to get any kind of rythm going. Their defense played well, especially their freshman sweeper. The Columbia goal keeper made a great save on a PK in the second period. The goals scored by FRA and Columbia were flukes. FRA had many more chances than Columbia, but couldn't seem to finish. The keepers for FRA were suspect. Columbia never really challenged them though. The first two periods were varsity and the third was the freshman teams.

The third period was dominated by the Columbia freshmen. They scored in the first 3 minutes of the half and had numerous chances to score. The ref also blew the whistle right before a shot went in the goal.

Columbia plays Franklin on Tuesday.

They played three 30 minute halves. FRA controlled controlled the middle of the field for the most part. Columbia couldn't seem to get any kind of rythm going. Their defense played well, especially their freshman sweeper. The Columbia goal keeper made a great save on a PK in the second period. The goals scored by FRA and Columbia were flukes. FRA had many more chances than Columbia, but couldn't seem to finish. The keepers for FRA were suspect. Columbia never really challenged them though. The first two periods were varsity and the third was the freshman teams.

The third period was dominated by the Columbia freshmen. They scored in the first 3 minutes of the half and had numerous chances to score. The ref also blew the whistle right before a shot went in the goal.

So, really the score doesn't dictate the game... Am I right in understanding that some of the goals from the final score came from the freshmen game?

Three halves????? Sorry just surfing the board and thought it was funny..... :huh:

So, really the score doesn't dictate the game... Am I right in understanding that some of the goals from the final score came from the freshmen game?

The winning goal came from a freshman. The score was 1 - 1 at the end of the first two halves. One of Columbia's better players also went out early with a head injury, which didn't help their midfield problems.

Edited by Mcbride

From what I saw it looked like they played alot of younger players, but I could be wrong.

Farragut played 24 players and two starters were at the state swim meet. But that is not taking anything away from Catholic, they will be very good and will give CAK a real run for state. They also played about 16 players.

Most coaches use scrimmages to see what everyone can do, so wins are sometimes not a real measuring stick. I have no doubt you will see great things out of these teams. Final score was 1-1

Farragut played 24 players and two starters were at the state swim meet. But that is not taking anything away from Catholic, they will be very good and will give CAK a real run for state. They also played about 16 players.

Most coaches use scrimmages to see what everyone can do, so wins are sometimes not a real measuring stick. I have no doubt you will see great things out of these teams. Final score was 1-1

That is a great outcome for both teams. Catholic is a force to be reckoned with, and Farragut always has so much talent. CAK scrimmages Farragut this Tuesday (weather permitting) at 4:30. We hope to have all of our players back from other sports. Thankfully swimming is over this weekend.

Why should that score scare anyone? FRA may be up and they may be down, but it is a scrimmage. I know that you know more about soccer than to get scared by the close score of a scrimmage.

Totally agree... key word: scrimmage. Most teams still aren't even at full strength yet. Shoot, we lost 5-2 against FRA our first scrimmage last season. I wouldn't be scared by it, although I was a little surprised.