District 1 AAA Tournament

ArtVandalay

This could be a very interesting Tournament. Science Hill is the #1 Seed, Dobyns-Bennett #2. Sullivan Central is red hot right now and Sullivan South is at home and that makes them a real force in this Tournament. Top 4 Teams adavance to the Regional in Greeneville.

Thoughts and matchups in the early rounds? Have the Bracket's been drawn up?

Roll tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what the brackets are yet, but i do know this will be a very exciting tournament. South will be tough to beat because they are at home, Science Hill will be tough, but i think if Central has to play the Toppers again the Cougars will be victorious. It is hard to beat a team 3 times in one season and i think Central is ready for revenge. i'm not sure who the final four going to Greeneville will be. I think Central and Science Hill will more than likely be 2 of them. But don't count DB out they have been playing very well as of late and TN High isn't doing too bad. Will it be another face off between Buchanan and Wattad? i think whoever plays against Science Hill needs to watch out for Forney more than Wattad. Forney is the all around player on that team and he is the team leader. But watch out for Beau at South he is tough. It will be interesting to see what happens. good luck to all the teams, but i have to stick with my team..Go Cougars!!!

It is going to be an interesting tournament,which you can tell by Crockett beating DB and East taking The Hill to their limit on one night.Obviously not the other night but anything can happen.I think DB beating SH was the best thing that could have happened for SH,now they are coming into the tournament mad which is scary,Central just has to take it game by game and not look ahead to seeing Science Hill again,if all turns out well we'll see them later to see who gets home-court for Sub-state.But you have to take it game by game,the league is so even any of the top 5 teams could win this tournament.Good luck to everybody <_<

I heard the Conference Coache's have a meeting Monday AM and set everything..

Sullivan East will play Crockett in a play in game.. winner plays Science Hill #1 Seed

#2 DB does open up with #7 Volunteer

#3 Central opens with #6 Daniel Boone

I guess that leaves South as the 4 Seed Playing #5 TN High

Normally #1 Seed is in the same Bracket as the #4 Seed and the #2 & 3 Seeds are in the other Bracket. If that is the case and all goes as seeded...

#1 Sciene Hill would play #4 South

#2 DB would play #3 Sullivan Central

I have no idea when the first round Games are, please sound in when the times and date are set.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Anybody have any insights on the Coach's Meeting today?

Are the Matchups like we expected and is South and Science Hill in the same Bracket? If so, man the Semi Final Round will be worth the price of admission especially if DB and Sullivan Central are hooking up as well... That will take you back.

Look forward to a great District Tournament and a short drive to get there.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Are the semifinals and consolation/final on Tuesday and Friday?

Go COUGARS!

Yeah, from what I've heard that's right. Then the top four seeds from districts will all be playing at Regionals in Greenville Monday the 27th, and Tuesday the 28th. This Saturday and next Tuesday will be two huge days. I can't even wait. :lol:

Go Cougars!!! :lol:

Checking the past 4 Seasons...

TN High has won 2 of the last 4 District 1 AAA Tournaments and 1 Region Title

DB has won 1 of the last 4 District 1 AAA Tournaments and 2 Region Titles

Science Hill has won 1 of the last 4 District 1 AAA Tournaments and 1 Region Title

That leaves District 2 AAA shut out on Region Titles over the past 4 years

Not to sell Sullivan Central short at all... the Cougars won 1 District and 2 Region Titles over the last 4 Season is AA Play and had some very good teams.

Sullivan South has done nothing but improve season after season and is very much a serious threat in this year's District 1 AAA Tournament. If the Rebels had 1 more ball handller, they would not be challanged in Region Play.

One big difference this year for the Vikings of TN High... no Dale Burns, that is a big Coaching loss to overcome.

Let's get it on!!

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!