Tough draws at State Tournament

BayouBear

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hespinnedref you keep proofing my point there is not a tuition at a public school that is being supplement by financial need. Parents that are paying for their kids to go to private schools are not supplementing what the parents of public schools kids pay because the taxes will be the same whether the private school parents pay taxes or not. Next time you go to the store refuse to pay sales tax. Guess what the sales tax percentage isn't going to go up because you stop paying your taxes. So there is no supplementing going on.

People don't pay money for nothing. Private schools offer opportunities that public schools can not. The fact alone that many public schools struggle with money and parental support, you don't see the same in private schools. As far as scholarships and money for need, private schools can seek out great athletes and offer them a chance to sit next to some of the most wealthy kids in the state. Who wouldn't take that chance, poor Johnny can go to school X and become a great champion in a small pond and in the mean time secure a job with his best friends Daddy's company that will change his life and his kids life for ever.

poor Johnny can go to school X and become a great champion in a small pond and in the mean time secure a job with his best friends Daddy's company that will change his life and his kids life for ever.

Where do I sign up for that life changing job? I must of went to the bathroom when that was covered at orientation. Only life changing experience I've encountered is my kids get an excellent education and I keep getting poorer.

Where do I sign up for that life changing job? I must of went to the bathroom when that was covered at orientation. Only life changing experience I've encountered is my kids get an excellent education and I keep getting poorer.

I'm just hoping the little turkeys remember me and their momma when their out making the big bucks with their best friend's daddies company. They should be able to recognize us, we will be the ones working until our hearts stop beating pumping gas and bagging groceries for the public school parents on their way to their retirement home in Florida. Its still worth it (besides, the kids will inherit all my debt anyway)!

I'm just hoping the little turkeys remember me and their momma when their out making the big bucks with their best friend's daddies company. They should be able to recognize us, we will be the ones working until our hearts stop beating pumping gas and bagging groceries for the public school parents on their way to their retirement home in Florida. Its still worth it (besides, the kids will inherit all my debt anyway)!

you could have run for office til you said that, now you just lost all your new found friends - JT

hespinnedref, I just got one big word for you TAXES. Ever heard of them. Besides that a lot of schools require students to pay for books now too. Also, you have to go to the public school you are zoned for and it is illegal to recruit outside of the students zoned for your school. Your post made absolutely no since at all.

The private school people pay taxes and tuition. The schools need x amount of dollars to operate. If the private school people did not pay taxes then yes everyone else would have to pay more to make up the difference.

Edited by Raider76

yes we all pay taxes like they say, "one thing is certain death and taxes." The one big difference is you send your kids to a private school and pay for their education you can get some money back from your taxes, ask HR block they can help you. A kid that goes to public school is using the taxes that everyone else pays including their parents, grandparents etc, so no extra taxes are given back. If you are able to get a scholarship with a private school good for you you skip paying 10 plus a year for a high school education. I sat at both sides of this when a I had a chance for "financial aid" with a chattanooga private school. Going to a private school does not mean you have to pay to go there, many of those students go there for nothing to little of nothing. So dont tell me public schools and private schools are the same. I also teach and have been in both public and private there is a BIG diference between the haves and have nots.

The private school people pay taxes and tuition. The schools need x amount of dollars to operate. If the private school people did not pay taxes then yes everyone else would have to pay more to make up the difference.

You are correct Raider76. The schools need X amount of money to run. When the funds fall short, our political people raise the taxes on our property taxes to help fund education, therefore, a parent paying to send their child to a private school is also helping to fund an eduation for a public school student.

Enough said.........

Just because you have BIG MONEY and can send your kids to a private WRESTLING school of your choice doesn't make it fair to the other teams that can only choose from their district. Your DISTRICT is all of USA others aren't quite as lucking. Compare any Public school district to YOUR SCHOOL quite a difference.

So you have the BEST TEAM MONEY CAN BUY!! Wow! Baylor and Yankees have something in Common. Compare the NY Yankees revenue resources to the Milwaukee Brewers is that fair. Compare Baylor resources to Meigs County is that fair. NO. Congratulations on all you BEST TEAM MONEY CAN BUY CHAMPIONSHIPS!!

May the MOST MONEY WIN!!

You are correct Raider76. The schools need X amount of money to run. When the funds fall short, our political people raise the taxes on our property taxes to help fund education, therefore, a parent paying to send their child to a private school is also helping to fund an eduation for a public school student.

Enough said.........

hey hespinnedref,

finally found you on here. do you accept my apology??? never heard from you!

and...are you going to introduce yourself to me in chattanooga this weekend???

would love to put a face to a name and kiss and make up! not really, but you know what i mean. :thumb: