Best HS Baseball Coach

olympian

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These other coaches have very impressive resumes and should be considered in the mix of best coaches. But do I hear Tommy Pharr, former national coach of the year? Hes only had (and correct me if im wrong):the #2 National ranking in 2003, #3 in 2004. Won two state championships. Made the state tourney in every year he has coached, and had 3 or 4 state runner-ups. And he hes only been coaching for 9 or 10 years.

Phil Clark. Was national coach of the year at Germantown winning state after state and a NATIONAL title and then going to Bartlett and turning a program that nobody wanted to talk about into contenders. Ya'll leave him out ever time you talk about coaches and he's not even on the say level as most of the coaches you are talking about. Good Luck to everyone on your season.

Phil Clark. Was national coach of the year at Germantown winning state after state and a NATIONAL title and then going to Bartlett and turning a program that nobody wanted to talk about into contenders. Ya'll leave him out ever time you talk about coaches and he's not even on the say level as most of the coaches you are talking about. Good Luck to everyone on your season.

He done some top notch recruiting :blink: while at Germantown also!!! :blink:

I think Ruston Pierce from Grace Academy is the best. He has turned the program around. One reason for me saying this is the fact that the class next door to him constantly chants

"RUSS RUSS RUSS RUSS RUSS RUSS RUSS RUSS RUSS RUSS RUSS RUSS RUSS RUSS RUSS RUSS RUSS RUSS RUSS RUSS RUSS RUSS RUSS"

He done some top notch recruiting :lol: while at Germantown also!!! :lol:

Top notch recruiting might be pretty good but when you got tons of fans chanting

"RUSS RUSS RUSS RUSS RUSS RUSS RUSS RUSS RUSS RUSS RUSS RUSS RUSS RUSS RUSS RUSS RUSS RUSS RUSS RUSS RUSS RUSS RUSS RUSS RUSS RUSS"

That is what counts in the long run, not top notch recruiting

coach ritz at DB , he won the state 2 years in a row at sullivan north has come close at DB dominate the big 9 :thumb:

also boasts the most wins in TN HS history with 774-301 and counting

here are the top 4 and all are active:

Mike Ritz, Dobyns-Bennett 774-301 + thru '05

Ketron (140-73), Sullivan North (113-49) DB (521-179)

Joe George, Marshall Co. 707-225

Phil Clark, Skyview/G'town/Bart. 680-220 + thru '05

Joe Bridges, Ripley/Adamsville 633-319 + thru '05

Edited by 3-6-3

He done some top notch recruiting ;) while at Germantown also!!! :thumb:

[/quot

I know what your talking about because when I played baseball for Bartlett back in the day the whole G'town thing was going on. Yeah they did get great players to move in there and play for clark but one thing I will say about Clark at Bartlett is he is playing with the talent that was dealt to him. If your saying that you don't think his is one of the top 5 coaches in the state then their is something wrong. He gets max performance out of every single one of his players and that's what makes his teams so good. It's like I said earlier he took a Bartlett baseball program that couldn't get the parents to show up to the game and now fills the stands with parents, students and people that just want to come out and watch a good baseball team. That tells you alot of what he can do with a team.

• 1 month later...