Miss Basketball- All Classes

CoachT

i believe that miss basketball is more than just an award for on the court... but it should also be about off the court also... Brandi Brown is one of the sweetest girls you will ever meet.... she is every kid in j-town's role model... brandi brown miss basketball and york AA state champs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like the way you're thinking, and I agree with you completely on Brandi Brown. She is wonderful on and off the court, and she definitely deserves to be Miss Basketball. Go Brandi Brown! Go York!!!!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

somehow she went over 2000 points a week or so ago...what a coincidence...must have had quite a few of those 35 or 40 point games in her career....miss basketball candidate ? VERY LIKELY :lol:

Well,Perry Co's Alicia Weatherly went over 2000 points this year too,and I haven't seen much chatter about that.She is a great all-around ball player: inside, outside, on the boards,steals.She put that team on her back and carried them until Kristal Edney was back.Even after her return,Alicia has been a dominant player.If she doesn't get Miss Basketball,it will be a shame.

I suggest you check your information reguarding performance at the National level before you comment on Glory's ability or lack thereof. She is the most dominating player in DII PERIOD @!!!!

Thank you for your response and first of all you need to understand that I am a Johnson fan but was just passing on a requested opinion to the starter of this topic about her game. The evaluation about the national level was a comment about what she will face in the future not her past performance. She is the most dominating Div II player 3 feet from the basket and in a sprint to the other end for a layup. Review her shot attempts, and points and you will see that they are in direct relationship with her rebounding. This shows strong rebounding and put backs. She is 6'3" and jumps out of the gym playing against 5'10" defenders. She should dominate. When she gets to AAU nationals, there will be 2 and possibly 3 six foot players defending. If she does not learn to step away from the basket face-up and make a jump shot the offensive put backs will not be there to clean up. She will bring a ton of exposure to TN Girls basketball over the next two years which will be good for all teams but my point is there is much needed to round out her game. At this time in her career Dunlap has done that. By the way this is not just my opinion but it is written down on many clipboards across the state when people compare notes. Good luck to all twelve nominees. They should all be proud of what they have accomplished.

Can anyone explain to me why Kaitlin Dudley of Gibson Co. was not nominated for AA?? I not sure of the requirements, so I need someone to explain them to me. :(

There are no requirements that I am aware of. I will say that it is very political. With that being said, I really don't know how else you could do it. Coaches(all high schools get a ballot)and media(i believe) get to nominate up to 3 girls for each classification. They tally all those nominations and come up with 3finalists(thr three highest nominated players). I believe the most nominated player is Ms. Basketball.

When I say it is political, maybe I should say it is geographically biased. MOST folks from E.TN don't know much about W.TN. ANd most folks fom Middle Tn dosen't know anything about West or East TN.

There are no requirements that I am aware of. I will say that it is very political. With that being said, I really don't know how else you could do it. Coaches(all high schools get a ballot)and media(i believe) get to nominate up to 3 girls for each classification. They tally all those nominations and come up with 3finalists(thr three highest nominated players). I believe the most nominated player is Ms. Basketball.

When I say it is political, maybe I should say it is geographically biased. MOST folks from E.TN don't know much about W.TN. ANd most folks fom Middle Tn dosen't know anything about West or East TN.

Thanks for explaining it. I kind of figured it was political. Thats a shame...becuase they did not nominate quite possibly the best AA player in West Tennessee...Kaitlin Dudley. Hard for me to imagine that. I've seen a lot of AA players in West Tennessee over this past year and Dudley is one of the best. In my opinion on par or above Thomas who was nominated. And KAITLIN IS STILL PLAYING! She has a lot of assists to go along with her scoring and truly has made Gibson Co. a better team this year. Is it not kinda a like the MVP(which she won)..you know the player who makes the whole team better?? Might want to remind some of the media and coaches to get out and watch some basketball every now and then. :(

Good job Kaitlin.

Edited by gcfan2

Brandi Brown is the best player in the state in any class. It would be a shame if she doesnt win it. In the district final against Smith Co. that was probably the first time I've ever seen a triangle and 2 with the 2 guarding the same player...she still has 20. She's hounded night in and night out and her demeanor never changes...A true class act. There is no one else on her team that is a true threat so the defense only has to focus on her and she still averaged mid 20's this year.

I have heard good things about Brandi Brown. No doubt she is good and may win. But the type of defense you described that teams used in the tournament to gaurd her, is the type that Kaitlin faces in every game regular season and tournament...and teams are finding out what she can do come torunament time! I'm not saying Brandi should not and will not win. But when you don't have one of the best in AA not even nominated give me a break. :(