• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Richie Goodenow- Overton

2. Mikie Minor- Forest

3. Sonny Gray- Smyrna

4. Caleb Cothem- Mt. Juliet

5. Gant- USJ

Top five without a doubt.

I've seen Minor, Gray, and Gant (more than once). While seeing them pitch does not make me an expert, it does prompt me to respond. Minor has the chance to be very, very, good. If Corbin from Vandy signs him, he is the real deal. Trevecca coach says that Corbin is getting the best talent from the area. Gray throws as hard as anyone I saw last season, and I saw over 40 H.S. games. He was by far the best righty I saw. Gant has potential, no doubt, and he plays for an excellent team. However, I would not include him in the top five in the state.

If this White kid is as good as everyone says, then why is he not playin for the majors as soon as he gets out...espn would have done been all over this story...we understand he may be good, but i agree with an above post that there are very few kids in the state throwin this high of a speed consistently...and White dont do it...ive seen him pitch and he does throw hard, but he does not throw that hard every pitch...but i will say good luck to him and wish the best, he does have talent...

If this White kid is as good as everyone says, then why is he not playin for the majors as soon as he gets out...espn would have done been all over this story...we understand he may be good, but i agree with an above post that there are very few kids in the state throwin this high of a speed consistently...and White dont do it...ive seen him pitch and he does throw hard, but he does not throw that hard every pitch...but i will say good luck to him and wish the best, he does have talent...

Nobody throws a fast ball every pitch. But when Jonathan White wants to throw a 90 mph fastball he can sure do it!!!! two Summers ago I watched the gun register several consecutive 90+ fastballs with the highest being 93. Based on that night in Olive Branch, MS (unless the gun was not accurate) Jonathan can throw consistantly at 90 mph.

Per the radar gun @ Memphis Redbirds stadium, John hit 88 several pitches in the the 6th and 7th innings of the 2004 State Championship Game-striking out the last 5 or 6 batters. Jonathan was a 10th grader in 2004.

I've seen Minor, Gray, and Gant (more than once). While seeing them pitch does not make me an expert, it does prompt me to respond. Minor has the chance to be very, very, good. If Corbin from Vandy signs him, he is the real deal. Trevecca coach says that Corbin is getting the best talent from the area. Gray throws as hard as anyone I saw last season, and I saw over 40 H.S. games. He was by far the best righty I saw. Gant has potential, no doubt, and he plays for an excellent team. However, I would not include him in the top five in the state.

Corbin is a very good baseball coach. Also, he has surrounded himself with other excellent men and coaches. Erik Bakich (asst coach and recruiting coordinator) is one of the top recruiter in the nation.

I'm sure you all have heard about the awesome Ryan Holland and the Amazing Cody Hawn. Maybe even Chad "Taco" Bell. But the one athlete that has been kept under the covers this year is David Fear of South Doyle. That son of gun throws at least 70 with pin point accuracy. His pitches are so beautiful the umpires can't help but call them strikes. South Doyle has been trying to keep him a secret to suprise Farragut and Halls this year. Not only is the guy an amazing pitcher he also takes care of old folks at a nursing home. He is the sweetest person and an idol to kids of all ages. I wish I could be David Fear