Dyer County

madii

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Dyer County still have that great gyn, located in the middle of the school's cafeteria? Granted, I haven't been there since 1977, but I still remember that gym. ;)

Does anyone know why you can't take food in there. I've been to only one game since that gym has been opened and everyone always talks about that rule. I personally dont' understand it.

98-99 season was 1-24 or 2-23 something like that. Thats about what the record would have been regardless of who was coaching in 04-05. Yea when I played there we sent people to college. I was a freshman in 94-05 Coach Hopkins first reshman class. We had 17 guys on the last freshamn team DC had. 3 of us remained on that team for 4 years. Coach Hopkins wasnt easy t opaly for and he never really had a big freshaman class. Each year I played at least one guy went to college. 95 Poindexter to Union, 96 Pirtile to Lambuth, 97 Morris & Gadey DSCC, 98 Lambert to Freed-Hardeman I walked on at Bethel messed up my knee before I got to play. 99 noboby. Schools go through periods where they run thin in stretches in In coming talent. There where about 2 years when the team wasnt as good as before then they had a huge amount of talent come up. That 8th grade class that was @ Newbern and Trimble in I think 99 was filed with good talent and we see what happened. Give Coach Froedden a chance he is complete opposite from Coach Hopkins but when these kids buy into his sytem they are going to be really really good.

Oh as far as taking food into the gym. Did you ever see the old gym? It was just funky with gum and spilled drinks. Thats why they wont let people take food in.

We played them in the Dyer County Christmas Tournament. You have to remember they are playing alot of freshman that just came for middle school and put into the heat of varsity basketball. They aren't use to the speed of the game, give them time and this team will be good.

Dyer Co will be much improved next year..Don't forget..Dyer Co has 3 transfers coming in next year..and one of them can hold his own with C.J......Wouldn't doubt if Kenon,the coach's son taking over the point guard spot freeing up C.J.and Justin for the outside shots..They will be better this year and the next two or three years after that..look out!

They used to actually have a guy that manned the camera on the flat screens, but now you only get to watch the far end. It takes away from the game not getting to sip on a Coke and eat a hamburger, but my advice would be to go during halftime or just sneak it in like 90% of the people do.

About the team, that was just a good bunch that came out at the same time. You can't really expect a team to compete year after year. You can't go out and recruit players like colleges do and can only hope the pieces fall into place. That team from a few years ago just so happen to get a group of talent all at once. Hopkins and Starks did a great job with those teams with two straight tournament experiences but with a lack of experience in the first game(and terrible shooting) lost and the next year getting beat by a talented team led by Derrick Byars.

Froedden is a good coach and an even better person. He wants to win, but wants even more a future for his players. I think that with a more experienced team, I believe this years team started 2 sophmores, 2 juniors, and one freshmen(Dont hold me to that). Ledbetter is a good shooter, C.J., Smith, and the rest of the team are only going to get better and if he is getting the transfers and freshmen like they are saying, this team should be competing for a district title and maybe more next year or the year after. Patience is a virtue my friend.

And WesCharge is kinda right. I mean I personally DC was the second best team in the state that year, but we don't have the silver ball in the trophy case. But "several teams" is a little harsh? Maybe a couple, but not several.