Sophomore Jacob Wright 7A MVP?

bobcatfan300

These Clay County fans are absolutley stupid to think that neither Wright or Laws would start for them. These two have separated themselves this season as the two best players in the district. Both draw the opposing team's best defender and have continued to produce each game. It's just funny that if you put a Clay County jersey on Wright, then Dawg05 and Devilfanatic would be pushing Wright for Mr. Basketball. I have news for you two: the best player doesn't have to play for the best team. And another thing: if you traded Wright for any one of Clay County's three guards, then Pickett County would be 6-6 in the district. Also, if you did the same with Laws and a Clay guard, then Clarkrange would have won two district games this season.

Well the best player last year didn't get it, but that was ok because it went to a Pickett Co. player right? :thumb: I swear i have never seen a fan base that had more people that whined and begged and lied than the ones from Pickett Co. Its almost ridiculous. geez get a life! ;)

Edited by devilfanatic

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the best player last year didn't get it, but that was ok because it went to a Pickett Co. player right? :thumb: I swear i have never seen a fan base that had more people that whined and begged and lied than the ones from Pickett Co. Its almost ridiculous. geez get a life! ;)

Who was the best player then? You are making no sense at all. By the way, I am not a Pickett County fan.

right! :unsure:

Devil you're a good one to tell someone to get a life. As far as the District MVP goes, there is NO doubt that Wright is the best player in his district. He has the potential to be one of the better players to ever come through the Upper Cumberland. He contributes to his team in every aspect of the game, I don't think there is a doubt he is the best player in 7a. However, I'm sure the coaches will vote someone for the winning team as MVP which almost always happens.

How is picking Laws putting down the rest of the district? Leave it to Devilfanitic to twist words. I mentioned the best players like Laws, Allen, Jenkins, etc. You just get upset because this year Clay Co. didn't excell to the level of Grace, Temple, and the top teams in the state. Clay fans build that team up like it was the greatest team ever, but in fact, they haven't lived up to the hype. Pickett isn't a top ten team this year either, but they certianly have been better than expected and didn't lose by 40 at Clay or by 25 at home like Devil had predicted.

Talk about crybabies...check his posts and you get stuff like this: “You and everyone else in the gym knows that without the refs you wouldn't have won that game at Friendship” ...Devilfanatic

As for getting used to being 2nd...over the last 15 years or maybe more Pickett has been 1st or 2nd every year. We'll be 1st for the next two years. The thing we are used to is being 1st or 2nd and that's just fine with us. We are very happy to be second this year since we were picked 3rd behind JC. No one predicted a 22 win season, that's for sure. How many straight years in a row has Pickett Co. been in the district championship game? I know every one since 1995 and maybe the stretch goes back further since they have been very good since the 1980's.

How is picking Laws putting down the rest of the district? Leave it to Devilfanitic to twist words. I mentioned the best players like Laws, Allen, Jenkins, etc. You just get upset because this year Clay Co. didn't excell to the level of Grace, Temple, and the top teams in the state. Clay fans build that team up like it was the greatest team ever, but in fact, they haven't lived up to the hype. Pickett isn't a top ten team this year either, but they certianly have been better than expected and didn't lose by 40 at Clay or by 25 at home like Devil had predicted.

Talk about crybabies...check his posts and you get stuff like this: “You and everyone else in the gym knows that without the refs you wouldn't have won that game at Friendship” ...Devilfanatic

As for getting used to being 2nd...over the last 15 years or maybe more Pickett has been 1st or 2nd every year. We'll be 1st for the next two years. The thing we are used to is being 1st or 2nd and that's just fine with us. We are very happy to be second this year since we were picked 3rd behind JC. No one predicted a 22 win season, that's for sure. How many straight years in a row has Pickett Co. been in the district championship game? I know every one since 1995 and maybe the stretch goes back further since they have been very good since the 1980's.

You are funny, you quote something like that about me and when Pickett loses a game its like they never lost. You cry and whine about how the ref's gave Clay Co. the game at Pickett Co. You cry an whine and say the only reason they lost to VanBuren was because the kids were sick. Everyone on CoachT knows that the most of the posters on here from Pickett Co. are always putting down everyone else and building Pickett up. You embelish every victory and minimize every "so called" defeat. As for finishing first or second well, you might have in the past but after these next two years you'll be down close to the bottom of the district so if Pickett is going to do anything in baskeball, they better do it next year and the year after when these so called sophomores are 19 and still in high school because after that its over! :unsure:

Yes like I posted about the Hermitage Springs game. When Pickett plays bad, that's what I post. When they are sick, that's what I post. Use facts, not twisted slams. Just like when your son was hurt at LA...you posted how that changed the game. I compliment teams who deserve it all the time. Recently it's been Clarkrange and Hermitage Springs, it's been the RBS girls, Jackson Co. girls, Clarkrange girls. Facts, not fiction.

Well the best player last year didn't get it, but that was ok because it went to a Pickett Co. player right? :thumb: I swear i have never seen a fan base that had more people that whined and begged and lied than the ones from Pickett Co. Its almost ridiculous. geez get a life! :unsure:

I really don't have a horse in this race(not a fan of either team), but I was wondering who was the best player in this district last year? Someone was better than Bailey??? I don't think so!!

I really don't have a horse in this race(not a fan of either team), but I was wondering who was the best player in this district last year? Someone was better than Bailey??? I don't think so!!

Walden was easily a better player than Bailey. Walden played both ends of the floor, Bailey only played one.