JC over Clay

Dawg05

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard fought game...went in at half tied and started out Clay would get up 1 or 2 and Jackson would answer and then finally Clay stopped hitting the jumpers and JC made some big shots. went on a 8-0 run within about 45 seconds to push lead out to 7 points and they never looked back... JC made free throws and clay had to keep fouling to stop the clock... Great game by both teams... hope the point guard for Clay is ok he took a hard shot to the head on an offensive board... good luck to both teams next week.

Edited by LBJames23Fan

Hard fought game...went in at half tied and started out Clay would get up 1 or 2 and Jackson would answer and then finally Clay stopped hitting the jumpers and JC made some big shots. went on a 8-0 run within about 45 seconds to push lead out to 7 points and they never looked back... JC made free throws and clay had to keep fouling to stop the clock... Great game by both teams... hope the point guard for Clay is ok he took a hard shot to the head on an offensive board... good luck to both teams next week.

good game for JC the refs really let them play Crowder got hurt early knocked to the floor Cassetty got banged up pretty good for JC then with about 2 minutes to

go Godwin for Clay co. went down.The refs like to let it get to rough not one sided

but no calls and late whistles on both teams.JC WAS CLEARLY THE BETTER TEAM TONIGHT,

First thing, are we ever going to play man-to-man again or is CCHS going to die playing that zone defense. They have been beat now by Jackson Co. mainly because of that, they did not play well, but this definitely was the wrong defense. LA also beat CCHS because Edwards refuses to pull out of the zone defense. Another thing is we have 6'5" guy on our team, his name is Dustin Rich, but apparently no one can see him. GIVE HIM THE BASKETBALL. When you have someone that size on your team, and someone that can play like he can play, why not give him the ball. Believe in the post, and maybe the gaurds can get some more high quality shots, instead of having to shoot shots where they are covered up. If he does not score 15 points a game, something is most definitely wrong.But also I understand that he CANNOT score because he does not get the ball. Two things are most likely to blame for that, one is Rob Edwards does not try to get the post the ball, he does not seem to run many plays for them, and definitely does not urge the gaurds to throw them the ball unless they are WIDE opened. Which leads me to the second point, the gaurds do not seem to want to get him the ball, or at least they don't look at him much, I don't know if they have that little confidence in their passing game, or they just want the points for themselves. Something is definitely up there though, and if they plan on going very far in the tournaments, they need to figure out what is going on.

OK, Dawgs have two choices left for this season, one is they can pick their heads up, PLAY BASKETBALL, and stop fooling around, and the second choice is they can get down hearted, give up and get ready to start playing baseball, because at this point in the season, that are the two choices they have left.

First thing, are we ever going to play man-to-man again or is CCHS going to die playing that zone defense. They have been beat now by Jackson Co. mainly because of that, they did not play well, but this definitely was the wrong defense. LA also beat CCHS because Edwards refuses to pull out of the zone defense. Another thing is we have 6'5" guy on our team, his name is Dustin Rich, but apparently no one can see him. GIVE HIM THE BASKETBALL. When you have someone that size on your team, and someone that can play like he can play, why not give him the ball. Believe in the post, and maybe the gaurds can get some more high quality shots, instead of having to shoot shots where they are covered up. If he does not score 15 points a game, something is most definitely wrong.But also I understand that he CANNOT score because he does not get the ball. Two things are most likely to blame for that, one is Rob Edwards does not try to get the post the ball, he does not seem to run many plays for them, and definitely does not urge the gaurds to throw them the ball unless they are WIDE opened. Which leads me to the second point, the gaurds do not seem to want to get him the ball, or at least they don't look at him much, I don't know if they have that little confidence in their passing game, or they just want the points for themselves. Something is definitely up there though, and if they plan on going very far in the tournaments, they need to figure out what is going on.

OK, Dawgs have two choices left for this season, one is they can pick their heads up, PLAY BASKETBALL, and stop fooling around, and the second choice is they can get down hearted, give up and get ready to start playing baseball, because at this point in the season, that are the two choices they have left.

This sounds like a relative that was concerned about their son not getting the ball a couple games ago and confronted the coach about it. TEAM concept, gotta love it!!

Edited by Crash Davis

Rob Edwards did his student teaching under me back in the day and I have faced him on the football field head to head when he was football coach at Fox Middle in Gainesboro,(don't laugh he really did TRY and coach football HA HA! Gotcha Rob) but my point is this. Look at his success in bringing the bulldogs back to being the power that Coach Watson had them in the 80's and early 90's. Coach Edwards KNOWS what he is doing. He KNOWS what his team needs are! Rob Edwards is a WINNER!! Now he may not know a whole lot about football(reference the Dekalb Co. game...just kidding Rob! HA HA!) I believe that the Bulldogs are the regular season champs aren't they? They are the number 1 seed in the tournament aren't they? That's what I thought......Rob's not perfect, he be the first to admit that he has made mistakes in his life. But knowing him like I do, Rob is a good, Christian man who cares about his players and will see to the needs of his team so why don't you try and support him and the team and quit trying to cause problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just my opinion

Great post. Coach Edwards is a great coach and a great guy and there is no one that I would rather play for. He's still a young coach and is learning more every year. I do believe he has been a little lax with this group but I think he knows what he's doing. Come tourney time he'll have 'em ready to play.

Great post. Coach Edwards is a great coach and a great guy and there is no one that I would rather play for. He's still a young coach and is learning more every year. I do believe he has been a little lax with this group but I think he knows what he's doing. Come tourney time he'll have 'em ready to play.

Hey Dog, you would not happen to be my buddy who does the announcing for the dogs are you?

Edited by DaCoach