Lake county vs. Humbolt

bballchamps

Lake Co is up 36-35 against Humboldt at halftime...this comes as a surprise to me since Humboldt is without their best player Toylon Smith (turf toe)...Lake Co seems to be cold from the field and Humboldt seems to be playing good defense....

Red,

surely your a better judge of talent than that. Best player for Humboldt is rose by a long wayyyyyyyyyy! In fact, I think the defensive match up went more in humboldt's favor by puttin a longer stronger player on Geanes without smith in the line up. not that smith is no good because he is. I just think that with 4 kids in the line up 6 3 and over it helped defensively with the matchups and court coverage with those long arms.

SBL

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a great game by both teams..back and forth..I thought the officiating was terrible,especially the white official...Kelsey Rose is a great player.I really believe with the loss,Humboldt has the easiest road to the regional championship..I'm not saying Lake Co will get by West Carrol but if they do..Union City will probably be waiting and either Union City or Lake Co will stay home..But..no need to worry about that...I believe Union City thinks they are much better than Lake

co based on the way U.C. beat us early in the year and the way we won with 4 of their players out..A former U.C. player told a friend of mine in the concession stand that Humboldt and U.C. were better than Lake Co...They don't respect Lake Co in my opinion..If that same former player may had looked back ,Union City had trouble with Halls both times ,before tonight..Trenton had them on the ropes..Lake Co won over Trenton a couple nights earlier in a cake -walk and Humboldt beat U.C. two out of 3 times..Lake Co has beaten Humboldt all 3 times..So..maybe some of the Humboldt fans can comment on who they think is the best team between U.C. and Lake Co..I didn't say best player as in Weddle..I'm talking about better all around team...I believe Humboldt ,U.C. and Lake Co all have great teams and any one of the two can beat anyone...I just feel like U.C.thinks they can just walk out on the court and beat Lake Co..And ..they may do it if they meet..We may come out flat..And even if Lake Co was to lose..I still think we have a great team and have had a great year..But..Lake

co has been at the top of their game lately and if they keep hitting like they have been..I believe it will be hard for anyone to beat them..

I can't remember them all but here's a few. From LC Tony Tyler, Andrew Wallace and Jay Warlick.

Trenton Mack Ashburn and Greg Ramsey

UC Weddle

Halls Demarcus Patrick

Humboldt Sain, Rose and Smith

Hope I got them right.

I believe Humboldt had another player that should have made this team along with both Brandon Springer and Channen Geanes from Lake Co...I guess the coaches wanted at least one player from each team but in doing so,penalized several players that should have made the team.Union city had Weddle and Robinson and I can't remember if Brown from U.C.made the team,but he should have over some of the players named..

Red,

surely your a better judge of talent than that. Best player for Humboldt is rose by a long wayyyyyyyyyy! In fact, I think the defensive match up went more in humboldt's favor by puttin a longer stronger player on Geanes without smith in the line up. not that smith is no good because he is. I just think that with 4 kids in the line up 6 3 and over it helped defensively with the matchups and court coverage with those long arms.

SBL

Toylon Smith is our floor leader. Had he been able to play, he would've taken 5'8 Odell Jackson's place. Humboldt shot 9 of 24 at the free throw line, which is horrible! To say Kelsey is wayyyyy better than Toylon shows the kind of judge of talent you are. They contribute to and lead our team in different ways.

Kelsey, Toylon, and Elijah Epperson made the all-district team from Humboldt, not Sain.

Red,

SBL

I'd like to think of myself as an awfully good judge of talent...and Toylon Smith is a more valuable player to this team than Kelsey...It's hard to compare who's better than the other because they play two different positions and stand at 5'10 and 6'4...but, I do know that Smith has been a leader on this team for four years, and I think everyone has seen how he plays come tournament time...25 points through 2 1/2 quarters vs UC?...he only averaged like 16 for the season...he's a big game player for Humboldt and the leader of that team....he's averaging somewhere around 7 assists a game and more than likely 5 or 6 rebounds...he is our most efficent press breaker, best shooter, and the guy that we go to when we need a basket, and he plays exceptional defense...so to question my judge of talent...I think you better come to the region tourneys...because he'll play, when it comes to it...you can't keep that guy down...and if you want proof of that...then how about this...he has bad knees...complains about them often, yet he's almost never taken out unless it's a blowout or he's in foul trouble...then, against UC the second time when we beat them and he had the big game...not very many people know this but he was playing hurt then...he had turned his ankle just 2 days before and was limping the entire day at school before coming out and dropping 31 and leading the team to victory...then, against Lake Co, at Humboldt, he was sick then and I think that anyone there at that game could see that...but, I think that he took that loss hard and I know he was looking forward to getting some revenge tonight but, things just didn't work out with him getting hurt...but, with the way the brackets for region are set up now, it's very likely that you could see a Lake Co-Humboldt region championship match...and I promise you that Humboldt would come into that game with an enormous amount of confidence...I mean...we lost by 4 without our most valuable player..but I'm not going to make excuses and talk about that because Lake Co deserves credit...so, my point is, this guy's a warrior, and when he comes back from that turf toe (which I've heard is an extremely painful injury), I'm willing to bet that he'll be able to step up to the occassion...

It was a great game by both teams..back and forth..I thought the officiating was terrible,especially the white official...Kelsey Rose is a great player.I really believe with the loss,Humboldt has the easiest road to the regional championship..I'm not saying Lake Co will get by West Carrol but if they do..Union City will probably be waiting and either Union City or Lake Co will stay home..But..no need to worry about that...I believe Union City thinks they are much better than Lake

co based on the way U.C. beat us early in the year and the way we won with 4 of their players out..A former U.C. player told a friend of mine in the concession stand that Humboldt and U.C. were better than Lake Co...They don't respect Lake Co in my opinion..If that same former player may had looked back ,Union City had trouble with Halls both times ,before tonight..Trenton had them on the ropes..Lake Co won over Trenton a couple nights earlier in a cake -walk and Humboldt beat U.C. two out of 3 times..Lake Co has beaten Humboldt all 3 times..So..maybe some of the Humboldt fans can comment on who they think is the best team between U.C. and Lake Co..I didn't say best player as in Weddle..I'm talking about better all around team...I believe Humboldt ,U.C. and Lake Co all have great teams and any one of the two can beat anyone...I just feel like U.C.thinks they can just walk out on the court and beat Lake Co..And ..they may do it if they meet..We may come out flat..And even if Lake Co was to lose..I still think we have a great team and have had a great year..But..Lake

co has been at the top of their game lately and if they keep hitting like they have been..I believe it will be hard for anyone to beat them..

Well, bigster, as far as my opinion...Lake Co is better than UC...just more complete, plays much better D, shoots the 3 ball better and YEA, I SAID IT...ok, so Weddle shoots 900395035 3's a game...but other than like a couple of others, that's it...but, even the coach from Lake Co gets a few 3 point shots...I mean, EVERYBODY on that team can run and shoot...whenever you take that, and put it with a great coach, you've got something...so, as far as predictions...I say the final 4 of the region are the big 4 from district 14A....I say that Lake Co beats Union City HANDILY...and if I'm wrong then I'm wrong, but that's what I see happening...as for Humboldt, I say that they beat Halls by single digits because Humboldt might get caught looking towards a rematch with LC or UC...then in the championship game at Trenton, Lake Co vs Humboldt for the 4th time, I say Humboldt wins by 5 in a great game...I know I'm not Miss Cleo, but it's always fun to speculate...best of luck to the Vikings and best of luck to your Falcons, bigster