Lake county vs. Humbolt

bballchamps

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's too bad. I was really looking forward to the rematch, both teams at full strength.

Come on J.W...Maybe your coach is trying to out weasel us...Even though Humboldt did beat U.C. pretty good..rest Toylon ...play for second and stay out of U.C's bracket...Humboldt may win anyway,even without Smith..I know Humboldt would win if I were coaching..I would rest Tony,Tyler,Springer,Warlick,etc...If Halls beats U.C. without Weddle ,I don't want to see Toylon throw his crutches away and play against us..But..we have a 20 game winning streak going so I guess I will hope Halls beats U.C. without Weddle and Lake Co can beat Humboldt without Smith and that won't be a gimme...I believe Humboldt has enough talent to still win even without Toylon..Same as Lake Co could win without Tony Tyler if we really had to....I wish we were playing tonight..

He'll be ready before Monday night...We may have a good chance of winning if both Smith and Kelsey Rose were both on crutches..Where is Tanya Harding when you really need her?..

Well since the game has been set back until Monday, I wonder if he will play. These extra few days of rest may have been good for him and he may be playing tomorrow night!

I'm going to get roasted for this, I know, but...

Assuming UC beats Halls in the consolation game (and if Weddle is out, that's far from a sure thing), why would either team really and truly WANT to win this game? Think about it. The 1 and 3 from 14A will be in the same half of the bracket in the regional. That means the district champion would have to play Union City in an elimination game in the semi-final. And even though we all know better than to ever count out Halls, wouldn't any sane person prefer to play the Tigers rather than Union City in an elimination game?

Of course, if Halls beats UC, then the district title game is a must-win. We saw what the #4-seed could do last year when Trenton came from the brink of destruction to darn near win it all.

This is not to say I hope LC loses to Humboldt -- obviously, I want the Falcons to win every game. But if they get beat and UC beats Halls...it's definitely not the end of the world.

I think you have made a good point, if Coach Whitby remains the unpredictable

person that he has been who knows. Meaning it's like a chess game now or

planning for battle take a hit now and set yourself up to win the war later.

(I wonder how good of a chess or checker is he) :thumb: