region 1-AAA

orange_nation

They did get a win against Science Hill but just the game before they lost to Mo West. Doesn’t sound too consistent to me. Greenville no doubt has a good team…but the question is can they play up to their potential (or close) night after night. I’m sorry but Mo West (#2 in the IMAC) showed me nothing…and right now that’s the only measuring stick that I have for the IMAC. The Vikings played the final four teams in the Big 9 close every game…but it was obvious to me that they were clearly out gunned in most of these contests and it would take a great effort on THS’s behalf to win these games! That wasn’t the case with Mo West…from the opening tip of both games the Vikings were in control.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven’t seen Greenville play this year but Morristown West would be heard pressed to beat any of the teams from the Big 9. Tennessee High played them twice this year and had a pretty easy time with them both times. Greenville is the only team from the IMAC that I think has a chance to survive the first round of the Regional tournament. If they can get past Mo West in the finals…they will more than likely be matched up against South and 6’9” Levi Ashworth…something I don’t think Wiggins has seen this year.

Levi is big but not half the player Bo is..... Bo is about 6' 3" but plays alot bigger.....

Those two teams do play tonight for the final two spots in the regional tournamnet. The brackets and times will be set later on in the week at the coaches meeting.

The Region Tourney Starts next week and the bracket will be determined as follows:

#1(D-1) vs. #4(D-2)

#2(D-1) vs. #3(D-2)

#3(D-1) vs. #2(D-2)

#4(D-1) vs. #1(D-2)

Coaches have nothing to do with the seeding except to do their best to help these young men win their games. Good luck to all!!!!! Hopefully District 1 can represent well. GOD BLESS!!!!

Levi is big but not half the player Bo is..... Bo is about 6' 3" but plays alot bigger.....

Bo is no doubt a beast on the offensive board and is undoubtedly the Rebels go to man in the paint. But you can’t overlook the fact that Levi is 6’9”…and if he does no more than stand there with his hands in the air he poses a problem for any team in this region. And if he is properly motivated (as I’m sure the coaching staff will make sure of) against Greenville then Wiggins won’t get many easy looks at the basket. Bo is a good ballplayer and a fierce competitor…but he’s not known for his defense.

The Region Tourney Starts next week and the bracket will be determined as follows:

#1(D-1) vs. #4(D-2)

#2(D-1) vs. #3(D-2)

#3(D-1) vs. #2(D-2)

#4(D-1) vs. #1(D-2)

Coaches have nothing to do with the seeding except to do their best to help these young men win their games. Good luck to all!!!!! Hopefully District 1 can represent well. GOD BLESS!!!!

Morristown East has advanced with a 78-68 win over Cocke County, Cherokee/Jefferson County is in progress (I would assume).

Would any of the Greeneville people mind giving me some more detailed directions on how to get to Hal Henard from Johnson City/ETSU? I have the Yahoo directions but I'd love to hear some from a local. Is it hard to find?

From Johnson City, take the 11-E south to the 11-E Business Exit in Greeneville, turn left at the end of the ramp. Then go to the first red light and turn right onto SR 70 Truck Route. Go to the second red light at McDonald's and turn left. Hal Henard will be the second school on the right.

#1(D-1) vs. #4(D-2)

#2(D-1) vs. #3(D-2)

#3(D-1) vs. #2(D-2)

#4(D-1) vs. #1(D-2)

I said nothing about the coaches setting up the pairings. I said the dates and times only. Can't you read???

Would any of the Greeneville people mind giving me some more detailed directions on how to get to Hal Henard from Johnson City/ETSU? I have the Yahoo directions but I'd love to hear some from a local. Is it hard to find?

From Johnson City, take the 11-E south to the 11-E Business Exit in Greeneville, turn left at the end of the ramp. Then go to the first red light and turn right onto SR 70 Truck Route. Go to the second red light at McDonald's and turn left. Hal Henard will be the second school on the right.

Thanks, does this work too?

7. Turn Left on W MARKET ST - go 3.3 mi

8. W MARKET ST becomes JACKSON BLVD[uS-321] - go 3.5 mi

9. Continue to follow US-321 SOUTH - go 22.4 mi

10. Turn Left on MONUMENT AVE - go 0.1 mi

11. Turn Right on FOREST ST - go 0.2 mi

12. Turn Left on VANN RD - go 0.3 mi

13. Arrive at 425 E VANN RD, GREENEVILLE, on the Left

Edited by bdfcnc_2005

Those two teams do play tonight for the final two spots in the regional tournamnet. The brackets and times will be set later on in the week at the coaches meeting.

Let me update my reply, because it wasn't intended to discredit you. If you felt that way I apologize.

The brackets and times are already set by TSSAA, and I do not think there is a coaches' meeting. That is why everyone was worried about the snow last weekend and finishing on time. Otherwise you would have seen teams having to play on back-to-back nights to get in line with the TSSAA schedule.