region 1-AAA

orange_nation

Can anyone give me some kind of bracket, dates, and times for Regionals??

(Mainly for Sullivan Central, when and who they could end up possibly playing)

Thanks!!

Well it will not be Greeneville, they advanced to the District 2-AAA title game 64-42 over Morristown East. Morristown West also advanced with a win over Jefferson County, so Central will face either Jefferson County or Morristown East, not sure of the date or time yet.

Edited by bdfcnc_2005

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone give me some kind of bracket, dates, and times for Regionals??

(Mainly for Sullivan Central, when and who they could end up possibly playing)

Thanks!!

One of two options will happen, regional directors already know at Greeneville.

1) Boys tourney could start on Monday, then Wednesday and Thursday (finals).

2) Boys tourney could start on Tuesday, then Wednesday and Thursday (finals).

TSSAA site states that the Boys and Girls regional championship games must be completed by Thursday night. The Sectionals (Sub-State) games will be held on Monday after the Thursday games are completed. Either way..... it looks like a busy week ahead for these teams. GOOD LUCK to all participants!!!! GOD BLESS!!!

Edited by Stokomo

Well it will not be Greeneville, they advanced to the District 2-AAA title game 64-42 over Morristown East. Morristown West also advanced with a win over Jefferson County, so Central will face either Jefferson County or Morristown East, not sure of the date or time yet.

Thanks, That's good news for us I think.

One of two options will happen, regional directors already know at Greeneville.

1) Boys tourney could start on Monday, then Wednesday and Thursday (finals).

2) Boys tourney could start on Tuesday, then Wednesday and Thursday (finals).

TSSAA site states that the Boys and Girls regional championship games must be completed by Thursday night. The Sectionals (Sub-State) games will be held on Monday after the Thursday games are completed. Either way..... it looks like a busy week ahead for these teams. GOOD LUCK to all participants!!!! GOD BLESS!!!

I have heard that Sullivan Central will not play on Monday, but Tuesday. Not for sure though. I don't know if that makes a difference or anything.

Let me update my reply, because it wasn't intended to discredit you. If you felt that way I apologize.

The brackets and times are already set by TSSAA, and I do not think there is a coaches' meeting. That is why everyone was worried about the snow last weekend and finishing on time. Otherwise you would have seen teams having to play on back-to-back nights to get in line with the TSSAA schedule.

To clear up the confusion about the coaches meetings for Regional Tourneys.

The brackets (ie: District 1, number one seed plays District 2, number four seed, etc) are set and mandated by the TSSAA.

The dates and times of games however, are up to the coaches.

Most Regions however go with a Standard 4, 5:30, 7, 8:30 tip times and play Girls-Boys-Girls-Boys (with girls finals)-Boys schedule.

There was apparently some discussions on how to set the Region 1 brackets. Protocol with these two regions have always been to award the host district top seed the early games, and the visiting district top seed the third game (or the top of the bottom portion of the bracket).

What is a reward to those teams who win the District when their District hosts Regionals? Playing at 4 in front of a bunch of bleachers, which can kill a gate? Or, playing at four so you have about 50 hours between games, while the 8:30 game has teams getting in around midnight and taking off a lot of hours of rest.

All kinds of arguments can go on, for both ways. And the gate thing can be overblown, because tourneys like this one, play finals on two diff. nights.