region 1-AAA

orange_nation

So Tanning beds make people preps? Enough of this bickering, you are hard headed.

I will pull for DB and you pull for Central. The difference between you and I may be that if DB losses, I will pull for Central to keep winning. It sounds like you have some hate inside you there man.

Well man, who said I ever hated DB? My daddy is one of the biggest DB fans I've known. The only thing I don't like about DB basketball is one little cocky boy named Josef Throp. I think DB Basketball is a wonderful program and VERY WELL COACHED. Hope you guys don't lose Mr. Morgan, he's a jewel. Will Henry and Coty Sensabaugh, I like to watch them play ball.

Tomorrow night... I am excited, will be a fun game to watch.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now here is the real crazy thing about this Tournament.. This is the most wide open, evenly matched Semi-Final Region Group in years... and the Semi-Final Games are going to start at 5:00 for the 1st game DOBYNS-BENNETT VS SULLIVAN CENTRAL and 6:30 for the 2nd game GREENEVILLE VS SCIENCE HILL. Rediculous. Attendance will suffer and alot of people will not see the potential games of the year because of poor Bracketology... The Girls could play the Finals on Friday Night.. The Boys on Saturday. That would fix everything.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Now here is the real crazy thing about this Tournament.. This is the most wide open, evenly matched Semi-Final Region Group in years... and the Semi-Final Games are going to start at 5:00 for the 1st game DOBYNS-BENNETT VS SULLIVAN CENTRAL and 6:30 for the 2nd game GREENEVILLE VS SCIENCE HILL. Rediculous. Attendance will suffer and alot of people will not see the potential games of the year because of poor Bracketology... The Girls could play the Finals on Friday Night.. The Boys on Saturday. That would fix everything.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

yea i thought the same thing, they should have played the girl's and boy's championship's on friday, then they could have started the boys semi's later

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Yeah it is flat out ridiculous. Why is the girls championship not on Friday with the boys? I know a lot of my friends are on shift work and don't get off til 6:30pm so they will either not be able to come or have to take vacation. I definately agree that a lot of people are going to miss some great games because of dumb scheduling.

Poor bracketology??? Girl's substate is on Saturday, therefore their finals must be played on Thursday night. Fuss all you want, because it says in the regional noteds that the finals are "supposed" to be completed on , or before, the Thursday before the sub-state. So, if you really want to say something, the boys semis should have been played along with the girls on Wednesday and both finals on Thursday. The way that is is set up, boys don't play back-to-back on any nights. Who are we looking out after the fans ($$$) or the teams that are competing? If it is the money, I think you should be on the TSSAA board.

Poor bracketology??? Girl's substate is on Saturday, therefore their finals must be played on Thursday night. Fuss all you want, because it says in the regional noteds that the finals are "supposed" to be completed on , or before, the Thursday before the sub-state. So, if you really want to say something, the boys semis should have been played along with the girls on Wednesday and both finals on Thursday. The way that is is set up, boys don't play back-to-back on any nights. Who are we looking out after the fans ($$$) or the teams that are competing? If it is the money, I think you should be on the TSSAA board.

Good point because I forgot about the girls having to be done by Thursday.

No matter how many fans are in Greeneville @ 5:00... The Dobyns-Bennett Indians vs Sullivan Central Cougars will be a great game. Thanks to the Cougars for being back in AAA.... when I was in school, that was the big game... and North and Science Hill, but the Cougars vs Indians was always special.. I remember the Dome being jammed to the rafters and no 3 pt line on the court and real BBall intensity... special. Buck Van Huss vs Dickie Warren, coaching legends in East Tennessee and National High School All-Time Coaching Greats.

I hope I hear a great game on 1320 AM...

Skunk,, tell Jo Jo I said.... "Let's Go Jo Jo", he'll know what I mean!

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

No matter how many fans are in Greeneville @ 5:00... The Dobyns-Bennett Indians vs Sullivan Central Cougars will be a great game. Thanks to the Cougars for being back in AAA.... when I was in school, that was the big game... and North and Science Hill, but the Cougars vs Indians was always special.. I remember the Dome being jammed to the rafters and no 3 pt line on the court and real BBall intensity... special. Buck Van Huss vs Dickie Warren, coaching legends in East Tennessee and National High School All-Time Coaching Greats.

I hope I hear a great game on 1320 AM...

Skunk,, tell Jo Jo I said.... "Let's Go Jo Jo", he'll know what I mean!

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Yeah, my Dad always told me about those games and I remember seeing all the old photos from those games scattered throughout the locker room ("The Orange Room" as we called it). Of course we are biased but everyone from Central talks about Dan Moody's half-court shot that beat DB (in either the districts or regionals) at the buzzer at Central. In one of the Central annuals it shows the crowd storming the court after that shot and it is hard to believe that many people used to come to games.