Upperman v Smith

stuntwoman

At least we wan't have to listen to "Go Bees, Go Bees, Go Bees" or "D it up" any more against us. At least in this tournament that is.

Congratulations Owlettes! You should have heard the radio broadcast. They were going crazy. Great call TC and DH.

I am also looking forward to the third round between Hogeye and Baxter. Friday night should be a great night for basketball in 7-AA.

I for one sure wish i could have been there to hear the "Go Bees" silenced!!! I'm sure he was about to have a heart attack! ;)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen her play and she can jump. However, grabbing the rim with both hands for a 5'8" girl is hard to believe. I have seen several girls touch the rim and two that could actually dunk a volleyball. The girls that could dunk could not grab the rim with both hands. They could not jump straight up and even touch the rim with both hands at the same time, much less hold on. They were both over 6'1". There is a difference in jumping off one foot with a running start and jumping two-footed straight up and grabbing the rim with both hands. She would have to have a 34" vertical leap. The average Division I player has a vertical leap of 29" to 31" (and that is for the men)

She should have gone to UT. The record at UT is 28"& includes all women's sports. She would have to have 34" vertical leap and long arms. She should be able to dunk it if both hands are high enough to grab the rim. I'm not sure I have ever heard of a girl jumping that high.

There is a freshman at North Carolina that can jump up and grab rim but not grab it with two hands. She is 6'1" and is the younger sister of Rashad McCants (left for NBA after 1 season with NC)

She should have gone to UT. The record at UT is 28"& includes all women's sports. She would have to have 34" vertical leap and long arms. She should be able to dunk it if both hands are high enough to grab the rim. I'm not sure I have ever heard of a girl jumping that high.

There is a freshman at North Carolina that can jump up and grab rim but not grab it with two hands. She is 6'1" and is the younger sister of Rashad McCants (left for NBA after 1 season with NC)

She should go where she wants to go...and...oooops...IS going where she wants to go...

Now you have...she can do it.

She also can run with anybody...boy or girl. She would have been the starting tailback on the junior high football team as a 7th grader if she hadn't quit. That team went undefeated...and is the team that went to the semis in 3a last year in high school.

Rashad McCants played three years at UNC. Marvin Williams was the only person to leave early that only had one year of college under his belt. I would bet that she could do it.

Congrats Owlettes!!!!

This was a great game till the final horn. I have to give it to the coaches, the game plan that they had was great and the girls did a great job making it happen. Talk about some "TEAM" basketball.

Good luck in the region. I believe yall could go all the way!!!!!!!!

OK, schs #1 owlfan, I have wondered who you are since you joined. It is crazy,to imply anything other than this: This team is Monica Hembree. I stand by this statement. Team is important, all the girls work hard,we're proud of them all, but there is no need to act as if Monica hasn't put this team on her back all year long. I believe you have access to the stats so check this out. Who leads this team in steals,pts, rebounds,3 percentage,2percentage?

What did you mean by the statement. " I have to give it to the coaches."

I wish everyone would quit saying that Monica has carried this team...that it's HER team...Monica firmly stands by the Owlettes...recognizes that without the other players that she wouldn't be able to accomplish her goals...She wants the TEAM to be the focus....the TEAM to accomplish great things...it's not all about her and she knows that...

Monica has been blessed with great athletic talent...and I have no doubt that she could perform well in any sport she chooses...She chose basketball...she loves basketball...she didn't choose an individual sport...she chose a TEAM sport...

Monica is proud to have worn the black and gold...to have represented SCHS...along with her teammates...

I hope that the current coaches are able to take this team as far as they can go...They have done a good job getting the girls to buy into their coaching methods...and now is the time to see all of the hard work come to fruition...

I wish the Owlettes a mighty good luck for Friday night...and I'm certain that not a single one of them will play an individual game....it will be allllllllllllllllll TEAM!!!

OK, schs #1 owlfan, I have wondered who you are since you joined. It is crazy,to imply anything other than this: This team is Monica Hembree. I stand by this statement. Team is important, all the girls work hard,we're proud of them all, but there is no need to act as if Monica hasn't put this team on her back all year long. I believe you have access to the stats so check this out. Who leads this team in steals,pts, rebounds,3 percentage,2percentage?

What did you mean by the statement. " I have to give it to the coaches."

I have watched many from not only this season but last season as well. And I agree with QueenBee. Hembree is a leader on the team. All great teams have to have a leader and Hembree is that for Smith Co. She does not play selfish or anything. TEAMS win games!!! And the