Livingston Academy Vs Macon County

The General

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a great post. I could not agree with you any more.. Well said..

I think the post stunk I mean if he really deserved the coach of the year why did Coach Martin get it???????????????

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! because Martin deserved it not Melton. It looks like to me now this is just me that all the coaches might know a little more than "the general" now thats just me.

Oh yeah, why the heck does LA think they might have a shot of winning state???

They won't even win the district. How are they gonna beat all these schools like Bolivar or whatever you gotta be messin with me thats stupid to even think that.

The same way we beat all those teams like Carter, AE, Catholic, Notre Dame, and David Lipscomb in football! Everyone said it was stupid to even think that also. We will probally not win state, but with athletes like we have anything is possible----for example 2005 AAA STATE FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS baby!!! GO BIG BLUE!!

The same way we beat all those teams like Carter, AE, Catholic, Notre Dame, and David Lipscomb in football! Everyone said it was stupid to even think that also. We will probally not win state, but with athletes like we have anything is possible----for example 2005 AAA STATE FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS baby!!! GO BIG BLUE!!

Football and basketball are two completely different sports. I'm all for a good cindarella story like LA's football team but you have to be realistic. Teams like Bolivar and Liberty Tech are just too good for Livingston. LA has had some tough competition this year but they cant play up to these teams level

Football and basketball are two completely different sports. I'm all for a good cindarella story like LA's football team but you have to be realistic. Teams like Bolivar and Liberty Tech are just too good for Livingston. LA has had some tough competition this year but they cant play up to these teams level

I agree all those teams are head and shoulders above LA just like LA is head and shoulders above all the teams in their district. Tonight was just a warm-up for you or Baxter.

I agree all those teams are head and shoulders above LA just like LA is head and shoulders above all the teams in their district. Tonight was just a warm-up for you or Baxter.

No LA is not head and shoulders above all the teams in the district. If you consider beating a team by 3 and then by 12 being head and shoulders :D above the competition i guess LA is. But the rest of the world has a differsnt point of view. LA is a good team, but honestly, STATE??? You can't be serious.

No LA is not head and shoulders above all the teams in the district. If you consider beating a team by 3 and then by 12 being head and shoulders :D above the competition i guess LA is. But the rest of the world has a differsnt point of view. LA is a good team, but honestly, STATE??? You can't be serious.

I never once said anything about the state. And yes LA is head and shoulders above everyone. How bad do you think Boliver and those teams would beat your team. Your team lost tonight to a pretty good team. If LA is playing together there's not a team in their dist. that can stay within 20 pts of them.

Maybe you all do have the coach of the year. By losing tonight you avoided White House and Goodpasture in the 1st rd. of the region.

LA will have to face one of them in the 1st rd. but I would hate to catch Livingston right now b/c they are rolling at the right time.

Edited by Rocking Chair

I think the post stunk I mean if he really deserved the coach of the year why did Coach Martin get it???????????????

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! because Martin deserved it not Melton. It looks like to me now this is just me that all the coaches might know a little more than "the general" now thats just me.

The coach of the year award doesn't matter at this point to anyone who knows whats going on, but this post is for you 'dchs1'. (wonder if your from Dekalb?) Lets see who deserved the award...

LA went 12-0 in the district.

DC went 8-4 in the district.

LA margin of victory in the district was 18.3.

DC margin of victory in the district was 6.8.

LA lost 6 games overall in the season by a total of 27 points.

DC lost 16 games overall in the season by a total of 244 points.

LA's coach is in his first year. **

DC's coach is in atleast his fifth year. ( you probably know this one) **

LA has outscored their opponents 1895-1499.

DC has "been" outscored by thier opponents 1654-1668.

LA's schedule 'tuffness' ranks 68.

DC's schedule 'tuffness' ranks 108.

LA's strength rank is 13.

DC's strength rank is 78.

LA went (3-4) against AAA schools.

DC went (0-4) against AAA schools.

In the previous four years LA has went 65-65. Thats 50% of the games. This year they won 81% of their games.

Oh yeah..

LA is in the district finals.

DC is 'Not' in the finals. (they will be playing in the consolation game)

If I looked at all this, I would probably come to the same conclusion as you and say that LA's coach is not coach of the year. After all, this isn't very impressive for a first year coach at a high school level.

Edited by The General

You never know!! The good thing about LA is that they do not overlook anyone and they take one game, one tournament at a time. At this point that is all a team can do. If it leads you to state than thats great but there is a lot of basketball yet to be played. As for tonight great game cats keep it up.

The coach of the year award doesn't matter at this point to anyone who knows whats going on, but this post is for you 'dchs1'. (wonder if your from Dekalb?) Lets see who deserved the award...

LA went 12-0 in the district.

DC went 8-4 in the district.

LA margin of victory in the district was 18.3.

DC margin of victory in the district was 6.8.

LA lost 6 games overall in the season by a total of 27 points.

DC lost 16 games overall in the season by a total of 244 points.

LA's coach is in his first year. **

DC's coach is in atleast his fifth year. ( you probably know this one) **

LA has outscored their opponents 1895-1499.

DC has "been" outscored by thier opponents 1654-1668.

LA's schedule 'tuffness' ranks 68.

DC's schedule 'tuffness' ranks 108.

LA's strength rank is 13.

DC's strength rank is 78.

LA went (3-4) against AAA schools.

DC went (0-4) against AAA schools.

In the previous four years LA has went 65-65. Thats 50% of the games. This year they won 81% of their games.

Oh yeah..

LA is in the district finals.

DC is 'Not' in the finals. (they will be playing in the consolation game)

If I looked at all this, I would probably come to the same conclusion as you and say that LA's coach is not coach of the year. After all, this isn't very impressive for a first year coach at a high school level.

General, I hate to point this out, but none of that matters. They did not coach the same team. You must understand that coaching is taking mine and beating your and taking yours and beating mine. Honestly answer this question. If Martin coached at LA and Melton coached at DeKalb, which team would win?