Livingston Academy Vs Macon County

The General

I never once said anything about the state. And yes LA is head and shoulders above everyone. How bad do you think Boliver and those teams would beat your team. Your team lost tonight to a pretty good team. If LA is playing together there's not a team in their dist. that can stay within 20 pts of them.

Maybe you all do have the coach of the year. By losing tonight you avoided White House and Goodpasture in the 1st rd. of the region.

LA will have to face one of them in the 1st rd. but I would hate to catch Livingston right now b/c they are rolling at the right time.

So are Goodpasture and White House the two teams people in 7AA want to avoid in the first round?

Edited by catsbball1

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You never know!! The good thing about LA is that they do not overlook anyone and they take one game, one tournament at a time. At this point that is all a team can do. If it leads you to state than thats great but there is a lot of basketball yet to be played. As for tonight great game cats keep it up.

And Wilson Cates is their leader.

No we want to avoid catsbball1 you rutheless man beast. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

General stinks.

:thumb: Not really sure how to take that post or what you meant by it but I'll have to admit, it was pretty funny...

But I was serious about that question, I really wanna know who 7AA thinks is the best in 8AA...or at least who they don't wanna play come region tournament time...

Well, not sure how things are gonna turn out in these two district tournaments but there is a possibility yall (Dekalb) might meet up with us (Greenbrier) in the first round, but good luck for the rest of the district tournament and in regions.

Edited by catsbball1

I'm tired of reading all this junk that doesn't matter. LA is by far the better team. Richard Melton is by far the better coach. Plain and simple. Stinson might be the MVP of his own team....but definately not the district. Martin is not even a quarter of the coach that Melton is or he would have found a way to let his team not get totally embarrassed and get sent packing last night. It's tourney time and LA will take whoever, they are ready. So send Dekalb....oh wait my bad they got beat last night. Nevermind with that HAHAHAHA. Let's go LA keep it rolling.

Actually that does matter. You are right to a certain degree. However, coaching is about finding a way to be successful. Coaching is about developing your players into better athletes and into better men. Coaching is about earning the respect of your players so that they will play their butts off for you the entire game. Coaching is teaching to succeed in the game and in life. But most of all coaching eqauls winning...

I am finished with the coach of the year discussion..

You don't have to agree with my opinion. Thats why its called an opinion..

You never answered the question.......could LA's coach go to Dekalb and beat his own team ?

Ummmm .... I think I know why you avoided the question.

General, I hate to point this out, but none of that matters. They did not coach the same team. You must understand that coaching is taking mine and beating your and taking yours and beating mine. Honestly answer this question. If Martin coached at LA and Melton coached at DeKalb, which team would win?

"None of this matters" are you serious?? You are crazy if you think a coach doesn't make a difference. Sometimes coaches are blessed with excellent athletes (LA has a few) but in Richard Melton's case I have seen him first hand take a not so talented kid & make him into a great ball player. Let me tell you what I mean by great ball player, a thinker someone that sees & makes plays. Richard teaches kids strategy & how to think on the court. So if you honestly believe that Richard's coaching hasn't made a difference with this LA team you are mistaken.

Your comment about switching coaches… if you were to take the coaches out of the picture, Apples to Apples our boys probably are better athletes but you put a coach like Melton in the mix he could improve any team. Up2late is right, this thread has gotten way of the subject. I am just as bad for putting my two cents in but it bothers me when people don’t give Richard the credit he deserves!!! I think he has done a great job & our boys have worked hard!!

Can I get a HOGEYE!!!