Baylor

godawgsblue

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumor has it that Austin Clark has been fired from the head basketball position at the Baylor School. Any validity to this or is it all talk?

I think that would be a mistake. I thought he was a very VERY good coach. He just didnt have the talent to do much this year. And I believe they would have had a great chance at winning some state championships past few years but they ran into Brentwood Academy.

To be honest with you folks, I believe this has more to do with the last FOOTBALL season than his basketball W-L record. I have a feeling this has alot to do with the John Hannah situation (Clark as AD was not in favor of bringing Hannah back into the football program in the first place). If this is a case of Boosters getting rid of an AD who has made his school into an Top 25 nationally ranked athletic program in over 20 years of service because of politics would be a HUGE mistake. Austin Clark is a class individual and has a reputation above reproach, he deserves much better than this. (just an outsider's opinion with some knowlegable friends in the media and coaches at other schools)

Edited by thorough97

Headmaster Bill Stacy is being, well...less than honest.

It took Baylor 16 years to figure out that AD and Baskeball Coach is "too much for one person?" Gimme a break.

Now for a jolt of truth. There are 3 or 4 Baylor boosters ($$$ rules at Baylor) who were ticked off at the Bibee-Hannah football situation. Obviously they convinced Stacy to bounce Bibee, and now they got Clark. Clark's integrity, which is unmatched, had nothing to do with this. It's strictly about $$$, politics, and "who ya know."

Baylor's administration and PR flacks will continue to deny, deny, deny...and the local media, which bows at Baylor's altar, will sprinkle rose petals all over this story. But it's a shame, and Baylor parents should be embarassed about what has happened to two good men.

Regarding the Hannah/Bibee/Clark angle: In talking to some people at Baylor, I was told that the head football position was originally offered to Hannah before any type of search was done and he accepted, but the offer was rescinded and now Hannah is taking legal action...could this have anything to do with the current move to force Clark out as AD?

I think this is a terrible move on the part of Baylor. Coach Clark has been a staple in the Chattanooga Basketball Community. I don't remember who made the comment, but it shouldn't have taken Baylor 16 years to figure out being AD and basketball coach is too much. On more than one occasion, I've seen Coach Clark working on Sundays. The Baylor Community should be upset, and all of the young people that he has coached and mentored over the years should let Baylor hear about it!

What is going on at Baylor? First Bibee, now Clark. Coach Clark is Baylor athletics. This is all about money. Three board members have been doing all this crap this year, and this has ruined the reputation of Baylor. Check out Ronnie Carter's comments in the Free-Press. Dr. Stacey is not being honest. He knew of Clark's intentions to retire from basketball and just be athletic director. That's why they took the AD away from him and let him still coach basketball knowing he didn't want to do that. This is a bad situation, and once again Baylor was totally wrong. I believe Clark's backing of Bibee cost him his job.

I am an avid Baylor alumni, fan, father of Baylor kids. While it is a shame what has happened at Baylor with coachs Clark & Bibee, I took tremendous offense at what Ronnie Carter of the TSSAA said in the paper this morning. He should have stated that it was a shame and that they were both men of integrity and the coaching community lost two good coaches. Instead, he took a CHEAP shot at a private school, which Mr. Carter doesn't care for. He should publicly appogilize to the Baylor community. Baylor will heal these wounds and move on. There is more to the Baylor School than just athletics, the education given to our children will last them a lifetime.