Sam Youree

Guest Cutters Crazies

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i guess we wont acually kno til michael starts a real game

In my opinion, McCann won't ever start. He is to scared to get hit and it clouds his judgement. Oakland loves the Shotgun option and Mike gets scared and makes bad pitches. He might start his senior year if he overcomes his fear of hitting. Tyler or Andrew will be the starter next year. Andrew is faster than he looks and was a quarterback his sophmore year but became injured.

If he is #60, which I think that he is....I have been very impressed with him during spring. He was the lineman I talked about earlier that I didn't know his name that I liked his performance. He is a very solid backup at this point, and seems to be fitting in with the OHS players well. He is a nice-sized kid who moves pretty well. I have liked what I am seeing out of him in one on one drills too. we are VERY glad to have him.

TJ...... Sorry, but I am still sold on Tyler Burnett at QB. I also neglected to mention that Quincy Williams has made some nice strides at QB too. He has worked hard in the weightroom and it shows. I esp think that having Coach Linnell working with him has helped his confidence at that position. I also thought that #16, the 3rd QB at the scrimmage was making some nice decisions and seemed to be running things pretty well. Does anyone know his name?

I will reiterate that Amey has been a pleasant surprise too. We have a lot of the freshmen who have already stepped up. Heard Barrett got 300 this last week on bench too. ( not too shabby for a freshman is it?) I see some kids who if they keep their heads on straight and keep their grades up...can play some college ball.

Also looks like BUTCH VAUGHN will be at the helm of OHS by the week's end. Welcome aboard , Butch!! Great to see a man with strong OHS ties getting the job. Also thrilled to see someone with a vision for both academics and athletics getting the nod. Butch has proven himself already , and will do a great job.

Coach Linnell is a good addition to the staff at Oakland. He once played qb at Sewanee and Sewanee is well known for their qbs and several of them have coached at high school, colleges and the pros. Linnell has a lot energy and knowledge.

Coach Linnell is a good addition to the staff at Oakland. He once played qb at Sewanee and Sewanee is well known for their qbs and several of them have coached at high school, colleges and the pros. Linnell has a lot energy and knowledge.

Wingman, you SURE know your stuff. We are definitely VERY fortunate to get a coach of Linnell's knowledge and enthusiasm on board at OHS. He does a great job with the kids as all our freshmen coaches did.... Finney, Hanna, and Steere. Not too many folk know that he gave us a lot of volunteered time as well. Great hire, Coach Ferg. OHS will reap the benefits for yrs to come for sure.

#88 was Kedrick Howse

Howse sure turned My head at practice this spring. It is obvious that he has listened to his coaches and worked hard in the weightroom. Ohs will benefit greatly from him.

Wingman, you SURE know your stuff. We are definitely VERY fortunate to get a coach of Linnell's knowledge and enthusiasm on board at OHS. He does a great job with the kids as all our freshmen coaches did.... Finney, Hanna, and Steere. Not too many folk know that he gave us a lot of volunteered time as well. Great hire, Coach Ferg. OHS will reap the benefits for yrs to come for sure.

Howse sure turned My head at practice this spring. It is obvious that he has listened to his coaches and worked hard in the weightroom. Ohs will benefit greatly from him.

he not realted to james howse is he?

In my opinion, McCann won't ever start. He is to scared to get hit and it clouds his judgement. Oakland loves the Shotgun option and Mike gets scared and makes bad pitches. He might start his senior year if he overcomes his fear of hitting. Tyler or Andrew will be the starter next year. Andrew is faster than he looks and was a quarterback his sophmore year but became injured.

thats a little extreme isnt it........?(ever)?

thats a little extreme isnt it........?(ever)?

You guys sure can tell a lot about people from one scrimmage......whose scared....weak...and garbage, and some of you guys are saying this stuff without evem knowing the individual yourself.....u cant really tell what a person's mind set is by one game in my opinion

You are right. It was one scrimmage and a spring scrimmage at that.

You guys sure can tell a lot about people from one scrimmage......whose scared....weak...and garbage, and some of you guys are saying this stuff without evem knowing the individual yourself.....u cant really tell what a person's mind set is by one game in my opinion

You didnt have to see the scrimmage this year to tell that, McCann had that same fear last year and it should countless time even against the opposing teams 2nd and 3rd strings. Hes got some nice physical tools, but I dont know if he will be able to beat out Quincy when it comes down to just those 2 in 07

sam would start for who ever he wanted too, some people just dont like to give him any credit. he is one of the most talented athletes i have ever had the pleasure of being around this kid is gettin looks from big time colleges. and if u dont think he can play u try to guard him one on one

No doubt Sam is a great talent, but I think he needs to take a look at himself first. He can play division 1, but his lifestyle and his attitude will have to change big time for him to ever have a chance at that. Oakland's Coaching Staff gave him every possible chance to be successful and he abused their trust every single time