Harpeth Vs Chester County

Uknow

Well Sycamore really should of been 3rd if it wasnt for the two upsets. But since by what somebody said in the other forum in regions and on their arent anymore upsets.

Harpeth played awesome last night, mendenhall had 28 and was just scorin at will. The next game should be a good one, Harpeth vs Liberty.

That should be a much closer game. Liberty matches up well with Harpeth.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow what an overrated team ... Chester County that is. Harpeth dominated them in all aspects of the game tonight. Harpeth's starting five were on fire. A few players for Chester Co. should have never been on the court. Maybe after Harpeth wins the region tourney they will get the credit they deserve.

Like I said before the game, Chester County isn't even one of the top 5 AA teams in west TN this year. Just ask teams that have had to play against Westview, Jackson NS, Gibson Co., Obion Central, McNairy Central, Haywood, Milan, Memphis Hillcrest...oh that's at least 8, well you get the picture.

:huh: It's all coulda, shoulda, woulda after the fact, but Cheatham should have been the second seed, Sycamore the third and Waverly the fourth if the district tourney had panned out the way the regular season did. All the upsets in district did was weaken the chances at region. As I've said before, district tournaments are for................what? Seed the region after the regular season and you'll get a better sampling of the strength of a district and the regular season games mean more.

What a great point. Any team can be upset on any given night and these upsets were very unfortunate for district 11AA. I agree the region should be seeded by the regular season seeds. I think Cheatham could have beaten Southside and Sycamore could have beaten Chester and Harpeth could have beaten Liberty. It should be 3 to 1 with 11AA on top not vice versa. However, I will say that I think Harpeth would have had a tough game against Liberty in the first round if Harpeth had have been seeded #1. Liberty def. came to play yesterday. Which is why this next game for Harpeth is cluth and will be a tough one. I don't wanna take anything away from 12AA because they are a great and tough district but they had some rather generous matchups compared to what it should have been.

Like I said before the game, Chester County isn't even one of the top 5 AA teams in west TN this year. Just ask teams that have had to play against Westview, Jackson NS, Gibson Co., Obion Central, McNairy Central, Haywood, Milan, Memphis Hillcrest...oh that's at least 8, well you get the picture.

Of all 8 mentioned teams the most possible to make it to state is 3. More than likely 2 will make it. Chester County beat 3 of those 8 teams in the last half of the season. Chester County won the state last year. I don't doubt 2 of those teams might be better, but 5-8 is just not right at all. Good luck to all!

Go Loretto Lady Mustangs!

The district and region tournaments never measure heart or determination. It only reveals who wants to win and advance from the coaches down to the players. This is what makes the post season so great. It starts a new season while puting pressure on coaches and athletes to excel and play at their best. My honest opinion is that the two teams that will advance from this region will both advance to state. The region for 12AA had its top 4 teams advance to regional, while 11AA had a few stumbling blocks. That's why the games are played. (LOSER GOES HOME)