Region 4A tournament

UCSportsFan

There is no way a region tournament with the fan base of 7A should be held at a tiny gym like Watertown has. Uppermans gym was standing room only pretty much for a semi final game, what will it be like at Watertown? Not sure who the genious's are that decided Watertown could have the ability to host this tournament but unless you get there early there will be alot of disappointed people as there will be NO PLACE TO SIT! <_<

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no way a region tournament with the fan base of 7A should be held at a tiny gym like Watertown has. Uppermans gym was standing room only pretty much for a semi final game, what will it be like at Watertown? Not sure who the genious's are that decided Watertown could have the ability to host this tournament but unless you get there early there will be alot of disappointed people as there will be NO PLACE TO SIT! :thumb:

Well, it is just a funny thing that the region has been held at Watertown every other year for 10-15 years now. There have been many great teams and matchups at this tournament before now. I guess you assume things are different because Jackson is coming?? If you ask most people in your district, they will say Watertown has done an excellent job hosting this tournament.

Well, it is just a funny thing that the region has been held at Watertown every other year for 10-15 years now. There have been many great teams and matchups at this tournament before now. I guess you assume things are different because Jackson is coming?? If you ask most people in your district, they will say Watertown has done an excellent job hosting this tournament.

I did not say they haven't or won't do a great job hosting the tournament because i'm sure they will. Please don't misunderstand me in that way. The difference IS Jackson County. Not only THEIR fan base but the people that show up at the games to watch them. I guarantee you in the region semi's you won't be able to stand in that gym let alone sit and watch it unless you get there an hour or more before the first game. Its just to small. That is what i meant. :thumb:

He is telling the truth, dont be so quick to jumb to conclusions. The fire marshall wouldnt let the game start last night because there was so many people that couldnt find a seat. This was a district semi-final game. So he has a valid point in that it might not be big enough to hold all the fans that might want to come. He said nothing about the way Watertown has ran the tourney at all.

Yea, I agree! I have went to region games in watertown before and it seems like every year the gym is getting smaller and the worst part about playing there, is there is no parking what so ever! ;)

COME ON NOW district 7 you know how ya'll love to play in W-town great sitting, lots of parking.... lol just kidding alot of people from district 8 wonder why they don't try to work something out with Cumberland U or one of the bigger high schools [like lebanon or wilson central]... oh well guess we'll get to know each other real close and personal like!!! See ya in W-town next week :P

There is no way a region tournament with the fan base of 7A should be held at a tiny gym like Watertown has. Uppermans gym was standing room only pretty much for a semi final game, what will it be like at Watertown? Not sure who the genious's are that decided Watertown could have the ability to host this tournament but unless you get there early there will be alot of disappointed people as there will be NO PLACE TO SIT! ;)

Dang GENIUS! :P

Edited by briank

Yea, I agree! I have went to region games in watertown before and it seems like every year the gym is getting smaller and the worst part about playing there, is there is no parking what so ever! ;)

it has been several years since i been to watertown but I don't rem. it being all that much smaller than upperman both suppose to hold 1500 + to host region