Lake County vs Gleason

sbl0702

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Gleason would've hit all the easy layups they missed, they'd have won by 20. Good luck Tuesday night against Greenfield.

westviewman, LC had Kayla's number. She didn't get many opportunities to score, & I don't remember her hitting a 3. She couldn't breathe wrong, or they'd call a foul, & she fouled out in the 4th.

Yeah you are right. We both missed way too many easy shots tonights! It was a very good game though and should be ever better Tuesday night! I know both sides will have a huge crowd!

Ptguard12, you made the point that Gleason did not play well during the month of January and February. I recall one Gleason fan that said that Gleason's post player, Amber Wiseman was Gleason's leading scorer until January. Ptguard12, did Gleason's point guard not distribute the ball as well lately? Did Gleason's offensive count too much on the point guard? You made the point that they played just well enough to win, but that they had to pick it up a notch if they were going to state, which they didn't tonight as they lost to Lake County. You are probably the most knowledgable person concerning Class A women's basketball, therefore I would like to hear your opinion.

DEDICATED TO THE MEMORIES OF THE PALMERSVILLE PIRATES!!!

I thought someone said Gleason was suppose to be the #1 team in Class A? <_<

Don't start that crap.....Gleason is one of the best 3 or 4 teams in single A in the state. Upsets are what make the tournament so much fun. The 8 best teams never make the state tournament.

I am still in shock....

Congrats to the Wonder Boy on the win over Union City! I told ya you would get them when it came time! :lol:

Edited by WesCharge

The winner of the Lake County/Greenfield game will go to state. The loser will more then likely have to play Madison Academic Magnet in Jackson and I'm not so sure that either Lake County or Greenfield will be able to pull that one off. Congrats to both teams on the huge wins and good luck the rest of the way.

The Middleton/Madison game Monday is HUGE. The winner will be in the state tournament.

Don't be surprised if the loser has to travel to Middleton. They are one of the most athletic teams I have seen this year, and Coach Berkley does a good job of putting them in a position to win.

Madison is well coached as well, and they have three pretty good guards. They also have a presence in the middle. If they shoot the ball well, you could be right. <_<

Don't start that crap.....Gleason is one of the best 3 or 4 teams in single A in the state. Upsets are what make the tournament so much fun. The 8 best teams never make the state tournament.

I am still in shock....

Congrats to the Wonder Boy on the win over Union City! I told ya you would get them when it came time! <_<

Well its like i have said for years, for the most part and i'm not saying this about ALL the teams in West Tn but for the most part they play no one during the regular season and come into these tournaments with these guady records, having never been in very many "tight" games and when they finally find themselves behind in a tournament game that means either win or go home, they have never experienced that before during the year and so it definately has an affect on the team. There are always underdogs coming out of the tournaments and winning. If Jackson County does not come to play in their Region Tournament they could be watching from the stands as well as we all know they'll play Clarkrange in a "loser goes home" game. The winner of this game will win the state championship so there is ALOT at stake! :lol:

The Middleton/Madison game Monday is HUGE. The winner will be in the state tournament.

Don't be surprised if the loser has to travel to Middleton. They are one of the most athletic teams I have seen this year, and Coach Berkley does a good job of putting them in a position to win.

Madison is well coached as well, and they have three pretty good guards. They also have a presence in the middle. If they shoot the ball well, you could be right. <_<

I'm not trying to start anything, but why do you guys assume it's either Madison or Middleton? Trinity is playing really good team ball right now, and they have beaten Madison 2 out of 3 so far this season. I'm not saying they will win, but I think it would be a mistake to count them out. Any team can win right now, which i think is pretty evident from the looks of last night's results.

Edited by spojo20