Livingston vs. Goodpasture

The General

i think yall are misunderstanding goodpasture some....they like to run too....they love to get the rebound and throw it to buchanan and davis on the run...i dont think u score a 100 once and 92 once by slowin the game up...and the team they had 100 may have not been that good but they did have 92 on station camp so i duno because i kno nothing about livingston accept that what yall are sayin here.... should be a good game... im takin goodpasture

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!! Isn't this great! Two great teams in a do or die game. This is what tournament time is all about. It is just to bad that it is in the first round. Can someone tell me what happened in the district tournament with Goodpasture. Being number one and not winning either the semis or the consolation. Was it bad play on their part or just really good play on the other teams? Was there bad officiating or injuries involved? I was just wondering. I think this will be a nail biter for both teams with two totally different gameplans offensively but Wildcats remember that Offense wins games but Defense wins championships. Go LA!!!!

Goodpasture came in as the #1 team, but Greenbrier #4 beat them in the second round. Earlier in the season GP beat GB by 15 in a pretty easy game but the next time GP only won by 6. Goodpasture also got beat by White House in the consolation game...earlier in the season GP beat WH 50-49 in a nail-biter and then White House beat them at GP by about 10. So it's not a HUGE surprise they came in 4th, yeah most people expected them to win the tournament but all four of these teams are too even to call. Greenbrier came in the #4 seed at 4-6 in the regular district season but played great basketball to upset GP and Station Camp. The thing with GP is not that they played bad, but GB played really well, and GP didn't really know what to do at the end of the game when they were down because they hadn't been in that situation much. And White House had already beat them once in the regular season so the 3rd/4th place game could've gone either way. Not really bad officiating or injuries, just great played basketball games by all teams.

Personally, I have no idea who is gonna win between GP/LA. But I do know that GP won't get tired with LA running up and down the floor. Just about anybody in high school basketball can run for 32 minutes, especially if it's a win or go home game so I don't even think that will be much of a factor. LA's quick guards and good shooting may cause a problem but so will GP's size, and remember this...LA can't run the ball up the floor if GP is scoring so if they don't stop GP's offense, then they won't get many chances to run the floor, at least not without GP having time to get back. BTW, GP beat Station Camp twice this year by 10 or so and SC is an atletic, run up the floor, guard oriented team just like LA so I'm gonna predict Goodpasture by 7.

Edited by catsbball1

Goodpasture came in as the #1 team, but Greenbrier #4 beat them in the second round. Earlier in the season GP beat GB by 15 in a pretty easy game but the next time GP only won by 6. Goodpasture also got beat by White House in the consolation game...earlier in the season GP beat WH 50-49 in a nail-biter and then White House beat them at GP by about 10. So it's not a HUGE surprise they came in 4th, yeah most people expected them to win the tournament but all four of these teams are too even to call. Greenbrier came in the #4 seed at 4-6 in the regular district season but played great basketball to upset GP and Station Camp. The thing with GP is not that they played bad, but GB played really well, and GP didn't really know what to do at the end of the game when they were down because they hadn't been in that situation much. And White House had already beat them once in the regular season so the 3rd/4th place game could've gone either way. Not really bad officiating or injuries, just great played basketball games by all teams.

Personally, I have no idea who is gonna win between GP/LA. But I do know that GP won't get tired with LA running up and down the floor. Just about anybody in high school basketball can run for 32 minutes, especially if it's a win or go home game so I don't even think that will be much of a factor. LA's quick guards and good shooting may cause a problem but so will GP's size, and remember this...LA can't run the ball up the floor if GP is scoring so if they don't stop GP's offense, then they won't get many chances to run the floor, at least not without GP having time to get back. BTW, GP beat Station Camp twice this year by 10 or so and SC is an atletic, run up the floor, guard oriented team just like LA so I'm gonna predict Goodpasture by 7.

Thanks for the run down. That answers all my questions. I guess that is what makes tournament time so much fun. I look forward to the game. Go LA!!! :lol:

Livingston and Goodpasture are hard teams to compare. The only common opponents are Station Camp and Lipscomb, both of which Goodpasture has beaten twice. While Goodpasture's record against these two teams is 4-0, LA's is only 1-1. Both teams are 23-6(goodpasture is actually 24-6 due to a forfeit by Davidson Academy). I will say that Goodpasture seems to have had a much tougher schedule with matchups like Lipscomb(twice), Sycamore, state bound AAA Red Bank, and definitely a tougher district. LA is a completely different type of team as well, being more of a small team with too many great shooter, running the floor and shooting seem to be their forte'. Goodpasture has 3 different players scoring over 17 a game, The 6 foot 8 Zack Frey, and 6 foot 5 Chris Buchanan(both seniors) and CJ davis, a junior. Also the 6 foot 9 Matthew Fox will make the matchups hard for both teams. LA's has three player coming in at between 10 and 13 points a game, mainly three point shooters and mid-range jump shots, rarely the post feed. I think that there will be a winner by a mark of at least 10 maybe even 15 or 20 but im not too sure which team that will be. like i said it will depend on which team can match up against the other. For Goodpasture, they will need to hold down the shooting of LA, but for LA, it will all depend on if they can even stop the scoring of GP

You are right, tough to compare.

i think yall are misunderstanding goodpasture some....they like to run too....they love to get the rebound and throw it to buchanan and davis on the run...i dont think u score a 100 once and 92 once by slowin the game up...and the team they had 100 may have not been that good but they did have 92 on station camp so i duno because i kno nothing about livingston accept that what yall are sayin here.... should be a good game... im takin goodpasture

I don't think you understand !!! can Buchanan and Davis run the whole game. B/c LA's bench is 9 or 10 deep and coach will keep fresh people in and out of the game and the pressure they put on the ball will eventually take it's toll on a body. But we'll see should be a great game.

It's time for the Coug's to make another run. Keep the pressure on the perimeter, make 'em pay down low and find the open CJ or Chris (if one or both get hot, it's over!). And don't forget about the 'role players.' The unsung heroes sometimes become stars when the game is on the line. Everybody knows the Big 3. GP's bench will have to step up. It's do or die, so leave it on the floor. Football players should NEVER beat basketball players at their own game. NEVER!

The Cougars are struggled big time last week in the District tournament. Sloppy ball-handling, shooting, and lousy defense made it easy to see why they finished 4th in the district. Initially, I thought they were done, but after having almost a week to regroup, I think Goodpasture finds themselves in a good situation here (In contrast, an awful situation for Livingston, to have to face a 23-6 [/i]4 seed.) It sounds very cliched, but whoever wants it more--loose balls, rebounds, hustle plays, charges drawn, etc.--is going to take this one. Goodpasture has occasional lapses in the hustle department when things aren't going their way, so they need to stay focused and I dont think Livingston--or many other teams--will be able to stop that three-headed attack. CJ Davis can score on anybody, Zack Frey, when hot, could hit fade-away jumpers from the the next county, and Chris Buchanan--who I have said all year is their best player/X-factor--is an absolute monster on the boards. With about 15-18 from the Brady/Nipps/Batson trio, the Cougars will win handily.