Region 2 a

knight2

Back to Oz and O! Whats everybody feelin' out there? BBMom, Regal, Scales, Bob 77, PG12, Gym to Gym, JazzyZ, Fundamentals, ........etc........this ain't for the faint of heart, folks. These two can bring it when they are on. Even the other two teams, Coal and Kees, are strong reps in the Region Final Four. Only two leave happy :D Ain't that a bummer! Gosh, I find it hard to believe I'm trying to stir up interest in this game. :) With the right amount of luck it is entirely possible for one or both of these teams from this region reaching the state tournament game. Or even winning it ;) At their best these teams can compete with anyone! At their worst, they usually still manage to be consistent winners. All I can say is, Scalp'em!

;) Kaz :lol:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that it will be a pretty close game the whole night. However, the lady cats will pull it out in the end. Oneida has won the only game against OS that they are going to. They do not have the athletes or the firepower that the lady cats have. Yes I know that they are playing on their home court but that really does mean as much in this case because the bobcats beat them last time at their place. It should be a great game! Go lady cats!

Whats up Kaz. Sorry been a little busy lately here on my end of the world. Not sure I have much to offer as far as this game is concerned since i haven't seen Oz play this year and have only seen Oneida on film once. Both teams are rich in tradition. It seems as if Oneida always saves their best for tournament action, but i suppose the same can be said for Oz. I have to go with my heart and homecourt advantage on this one. Oneida by 1. Kaz, Keep me updated on any rumors/happenings in the big O. Out!

I thought the alignment on the benchs for last nights game, was in bad taste for Oneida (the host). They put Cosby's bench right in front of the Oneida student section. I would have to think Cosby's coach would have been upset about this. In most cases, the host school will still be the "home" team for this very reason. Was this even addresseds before the tournament?

OZ fans, where is everyone staying in the Boro? I'd like to go ahead & make reservations?

The Lady Indians don't have the fire power that the Cats have? Come on, Welch is the only player left in the district or tri-county that shared Tri-County player of the year last year, and with two juniors in Phillips and Sexton who have been starting ever since they were freshman, plus not to mention the Martin girl who has contributed tremendously. Don't forget that Chambers and the Lay girl can have their nights. I agree the Lady Cats have a couple of great players that have every ounce of my respect, but I believe the Lady Indians match up quite well.

Scales, bro! How are musings in M-town? I will keep you abreast of all comings and goings, although things are a bit quite right now. I'm sure they'll pick up as we go along. Swing the sticks yet? I'm off to see the wizard soon. What of the fortunes of the Mighty S? Are the "stars" aligned? If anything shakes on the tree, I'll let you know.

:lol: Kaz ;)

Edited by kazam37

I thought the alignment on the benchs for last nights game, was in bad taste for Oneida (the host). They put Cosby's bench right in front of the Oneida student section. I would have to think Cosby's coach would have been upset about this. In most cases, the host school will still be the "home" team for this very reason. Was this even addresseds before the tournament?

OZ fans, where is everyone staying in the Boro? I'd like to go ahead & make reservations?

This was addressed at the region meeting where it was "agreed" that Oneida would sit on the home bench. However, the Cosby coach changed his mind and called Oneida Monday morning to request that his team be allowed to wear the home unis and sit on the home bench. So, the "bad taste" comment would change now that you are more informed, correct ?

On the second point, I recommend the Hampton Inn. We stayed there last year and many times before.

Edited by SingleA

Sorry to take this off-topic again. But please don't let the actions of a few players and parents reflect on the entire Cosby Lady Eagle program.

I wasn't at the game but I bet I could name all of the ones who were acting out of line. The younger classes are full of talent and hard working girls with class.

Hopefully next year the coaches can get things back on track on and off the court.

Good luck to the Lady Indians the rest of the season.

I think that it will be a pretty close game the whole night. However, the lady cats will pull it out in the end. Oneida has won the only game against OS that they are going to. They do not have the athletes or the firepower that the lady cats have. Yes I know that they are playing on their home court but that really does mean as much in this case because the bobcats beat them last time at their place. It should be a great game! Go lady cats!

Oneida does have the athletes and any of them can go off on any given night. Welch, Phillips, Bond, Sexton, Chambers, Martin, and I could keep going. Our only problem is we seem to get it in out heads sometimes that we can not beat certain teams, and OS used to be one of those teams but after winning down there a few weeks ago, the girls now know they can.

If you take 1 or 2 of those girls away we can still win games. If you take the super star freshman away from OS then they would not even be close to being as good.

Edited by youdontknowme