Region 2 a

knight2

Great night of basketball and at times football. Very physical contests with all four teams having a chance to win.

For OS, they just beat a team that's been to 14 sectionals in 15 years. That's quite an accomplishment.

OS, however, had better come back to earth quickly. If they're flat tomorrow night then they could be looking at a long road trip on Friday to Unaka or Hampton.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its true Oneida has advanced to the sectional 14 of the last 15 years.

That is quite an accomplishment. Oneida is without question the torch bearer in East Tennessee for outstanding girls basketball in single A ( OS hs only competed in A basketball three years - 87,88,06)

However, Oliver Springs has advanced to the sectionals in its last 3 years in A ( 87, 88, and now 2006). Throw in AA's sectional teams of 82, 84, 86, 02, & 05 and OS has advanced 8 times in 24 years.

Great Job Lady Cats in advancing further than the previous 2005 A state tourney teams Coalfield and Oneida who both had 4 starters coming back. For a OS team rebuilding from a team that was ranked much of the year #1 in AA last season, this young team has overacheived and added to the rich lady cat tradition of outstanding basketball. :blink:

Edited by OS91

Its true Oneida has advanced to the sectional 14 of the last 15 years.

That is quite an accomplishment. Oneida is without question the torch bearer in East Tennessee for outstanding girls basketball in single A ( OS hs only competed in A basketball three years - 87,88,06)

However, Oliver Springs has advanced to the sectionals in its last 3 years in A ( 87, 88, and now 2006). Throw in AA's sectional teams of 82, 84, 86, 02, & 05 and OS has advanced 8 times in 24 years.

Great Job Lady Cats in advancing further than the previous 2005 A state tourney teams Coalfield and Oneida who both had 4 starters coming back. For a OS team rebuilding from a team that was ranked much of the year #1 in AA last season, this young team has overacheived and added to the rich lady cat tradition of outstanding basketball. :thumb:

OS91 I really enjoy your Lady Cat trivia at times..... but as you refered to KingBrian...... please don't quit your day job either! The year the Lady Cats were 2nd the the State was in '83 so that was the most important sub-state apperance you left off..... Like I stated before, I like some of you Lady Cat trivia but I do not like reading your posts.. you always have to be so negative towards people who just state there opinion. You may not have likes the scores that King Brian predicted, but that was just his opinion. I think he does a great job covering the Morgan Co. sports! I have found myself buying a paper just because of his coverage of the athletes in his area. I am not sure how it works but he coveres the area lots more than the Roane Co. news covers our Lady Cats this year. ( nothing towards Goose, probaley not even in his hands ) any way just had to let you know that.

Great job Lady Cats!! Now bring that game home Sat. night!!

Edited by sweetroll

Congratulations to the Lady Cats on a hard fought win. That was a great TEAM win. I don't know about what you all think but that was the one of the worst officiated game I've seen in 40+ years of being around basketball. The only thing that was consistant was that it was horrible on both sides.

Congrats to the LADY BOBCATS, I never remember seeing Refs doing back to back games in a Region before last night has anyone else? I didnt think they were that bad just looked tired and they let them play, has the way it should be when you get this far. Lady Cats Win big tonight to host at OZ... GO LADY BOBCATS... :thumb:

Wow! Everybody off the see-saw yet? That game was impossible to watch without coming out of your seat a great many times. This one was a classic battle between two very good defensive teams. As its been said, it really is heartbreaking for one of these two programs to be going home and I would honestly say the same if the outcome was different last night.

Lets not sour a truely classic game by nitpicking about officiating or other lame excuses as to why one team couldn't pull away from the other. Bottom line Oliver Springs won and I hope they represent our district well, how ever far they go. Maybe what attributed to the percieved "sloppy" play, was the aforemeantioned fact, that these two play defense at a very high level. They gave nor took no quarter last night, I didn't expect them to. Like it or not, I'm sure these programs will be continuely locking horns for the next several years. Should be some other great games in the future. We can only hope.

Lady Indians, you've grown a lot. Take the lesson learned, and let that continue to fuel your off-season habits. It's way easier to get off the horse and stay off, than to get back on and work the pain away. Great season!

:lol: Kaz :lol:

Congrats to Oneida and to Coalfield on 2 great seasons. Both teams played hard and left it on the floor last night. Each team had a shot miss at the buzzer which would have won the game.

Oneida came back from being down by 8 in the 4th to tie the game but Christopher hit 1 freethrow with 7 seconds left to put them up for good.

In my opinion(and this is just my opinion so don't anybody go crazy) OS will win by 15 and possibly 20+ tonight.

A know it's a year away, but I think Oneida returns 8 of their top 9 players and OS returns 7 of their top 9. They are the favorites to battle it out for district and region honors again next year.

GOOSE, Go To Bed!!

Went to the UT games last night, great game, bad outcome!! Not much defense on UTs part.

Go Bobcats!!!!

Edited by catback

When Christopher was fouled with 7.8 seconds left, they announced the foul on Welch and they said it was her fifth. But didn't she shoot Oneida's final shot at the buzzer? Did they change the foul call during the timeout or something because she was actually behind Christopher and it was Bond that slid under her? Does anyone know the answer?