Bolivar vs. Liberty

PrepFanatic

The Tigers lead the season series 3-0 with the last win being a dominating one for the district championship. Will this game for the region championship have the same outcome?.....

Or, will Liberty finally get that monkey of their back and pay back the only team they have lost to this season.

Its hard to beat a good team once, but four times in a row?????

Guess we get the answer Thursday night at 7:00, whats everybody predicting?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Tigers lead the season series 3-0 with the last win being a dominating one for the district championship. Will this game for the region championship have the same outcome?.....

Or, will Liberty finally get that monkey of their back and pay back the only team they have lost to this season.

Its hard to beat a good team once, but four times in a row?????

Guess we get the answer Thursday night at 7:00, whats everybody predicting?

Hey Prep...

Man I was "attempting" to type out a simalar topic starter on the board while you were typing this I guess...

Anyway, I didn't mean to step on you there at all!

I'll wait on a score, if I pick an actual score. But now that the Tigers have really gotten down to crunch time...they will win.

Also no disrespect to Liberty! They are a rising team.

But even IF they beat BCHS, there are still the substates and the tourney. I have to believe BCHS wins this one. I know I'll catch it for this...but really don't know why...just my educated guess!

Being there before (twice) counts for a lot in the end.

Edited by firefulmer

Yes, this should definitely be a better game in every aspect than last game. Hopefully both teams show up with their A game, and they can battle it out to the end. Like FireFulmer said, this game won't make or break these team's seasons, and I like to believe that both of these teams will advance on through substate and represent this district well at State. Hopefully Liberty can put it all together this time and pull out with a win. I know it will be tough, but they're one of a few teams around here that are capable of beating Bolivar. Good luck to both teams, and hopefully everyone stays healthy for substate.

I think everyone has thought both teams end up at th Boro all along and probably still will regardless of outcome of this game. Bolivar has to be the favorite based on 3-0 vs Liberty this year. Hopefully it's a better game than last week, the first 2 were great games.

I hear ya about the last game. After seeing a tape of it (which I borrowed) I just don't want to have the same type of game. I have my own opinion, but will refrain from placing blame now. What's the point anyway? We're both still in it!

I don't believe we will see that again though. Most of the Liberty bunch has done their very best to make amends in one way or another (and from what I've heard...the Crusaders didn't blame the refs either---at least publicly)...so play ball and have at it guys!

Oughta be a good one!!!

Edited by firefulmer

Guest catfish-hunter

Liberty has to come out strong and rely on their quick athletes out on the perimeter. If Bolivar comes out like they did last night (namely Willie Kemp) then they won't lose. Kemp took over the game last night early and if he plays well and doesn't turn it over tomorrow night then that allows Bolivar to get in the halfcourt. That's where the size inside of Chism and Rhodes starts to take it's toll on the undersized Crusaders. Bolivar wins again :thumb:

Bolivar: 79

Liberty: 72

REMEMBER: Liberty can't win a close one against Bolivar. Experience in the big game type of atmosphere is on the side of the two-time defending champs. If Bolivar comes out patting themselves on the back for crushing 26-4 Sycamore or if W. Kemp gets into foul trouble then Liberty could get on 'em early. Liberty can't afford to have this game go into the final two minutes with Kemp on the floor for Bolivar. He just refuses to allow that team to lose in the postseason.

Edited by catfish-hunter

I already made my comment on the other thread about what I expect from this game. Liberty hopefully will step it up in the first half to keep it close and eventually come up with the win.

Liberty 76

Bolivar 72

I think that bolivar will hand liberty another lost but it will be a hard fought game on both parts im picking bolivar by 6 in O.T.

I think that bolivar will hand liberty another lost but it will be a hard fought game on both parts im picking bolivar by 6 in O.T.

I will got with Bloivar they are good. But does anybody think that Bolivar will retleate against that Liberty player who threw that elbow during the distirct championship.

I will got with Bloivar they are good. But does anybody think that Bolivar will retleate against that Liberty player who threw that elbow during the distirct championship.

To Liberty's credit, they added 2 (or 3) additional games to Irvin's original 2 game suspension. So he won't be a factor. If they make it to State, that'd be the earliest he could play. But the Crusaders really don't need him in my opinion. No disrespect intended at all...but after all-they played a great season before he was ever even activated.

But the Tigers still may have that game in the back of their minds...even though they've accepted the Crusader's apology for what happened. And they have.

Anyway...let 'em play, no one hurt and a fair game.